Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 14-02-2019, 17:15   #5176
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Overlord - 9/10. Unsure why it bombed at the box office. Has next to no chance of a sequel.
I'll give that a 6.5 at best. It's one of those films that's nothing like the trailer. I was left disappointed.
Old 17-02-2019, 16:56   #5177
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Lego Movie 2 - 8/10 - Great fun!
Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10 - Decent although I think it depends strongly on the soundtrack. Plot wise it was a bit all over the place IMO.
Caperneum 9/10 - Depressing but v good film.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 19:37   #5178
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Lego Movie 2 - 8/10 - Great fun!
Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10 - Decent although I think it depends strongly on the soundtrack. Plot wise it was a bit all over the place IMO.
Caperneum 9/10 - Depressing but v good film.
It was trying to cover about 13+ years of the bands history so a lot to fit in a movie so they did have to pick and choose what to cover and did change a few things for 'movie' reasons. It was very well done however IMO.
Old 20-02-2019, 22:43   #5179
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 9/10
Meant to see it at Christmas, didn't get round to it, sort of glad I didn't, as half term kids showing it's £3.75 each, so for 4 of us that's a big saving
Anyway, missus and I loved it, kids were quiet and sat pretty still for 2 hrs, so I think they liked it to
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 22:56   #5180
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It was trying to cover about 13+ years of the bands history so a lot to fit in a movie so they did have to pick and choose what to cover and did change a few things for 'movie' reasons. It was very well done however IMO.
Yeah. I think they wanted to make a Freddie Mercury film but Queen only licensed the music if it cover the whole band so as a result you have this. It was caught between trying to do the Freddie Mercury film or doing a Queen film and didn't commit to either. IMO. Still enjoyed it.
Old 26-02-2019, 17:21   #5181
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Cold Pursuit: 4/10

The more and more I think about this film the more annoyed I get. I went to watch it thinking it is going to be another Taken/Non-stop/The Commuter but it isn't. It tries to be and fails big time. The first half kicks off as you would expect and is all Liam Neeson and then in the second half he is hardly in it and there is a very large group of other people knocking heads together. There is a lot of dark humour in it which is very much an acquired taste but the killer is that some characters leave/move away/disappear etc like it is a big part of the story but you don't actually find out where they have gone. It is weird.

You defo don't need to spend money on this at the cinema. The best thing about it is sitting in awe wondering where they filmed it because you have never seen so much snow.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 20:10   #5182
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Fighting with my Family 8/10 - Very enjoyable film.
Old 04-03-2019, 20:48   #5183
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Man from Uncle (2015) 2/10 yawntastic.
Battle of Britain (1969) 9/10 They certainly don't like it up them !
Notes on a Scandal (2006) 7/10. Judi Dench being rude
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 17:12   #5184
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Man from Uncle (2015) 2/10 yawntastic.
Battle of Britain (1969) 9/10 They certainly don't like it up them !
Notes on a Scandal (2006) 7/10. Judi Dench being rude
A true classic that is for sure..
Old 08-03-2019, 04:16   #5185
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Captain Marvel: 9/10

Before I talk about the film I want to impress upon everyone the need for silence and concentration at the beginning of the film. When the trailers finish and the BBFC certification comes up pay attention because there is something very special. Everyone clapped and cheered in my screen.

I don't know where to start on this, obviously expectations were high. It delivered in every way and I am not just saying it because it is Marvel. This film had a lot to contend with. It has come after many years of films, hundreds of established characters and had to go up against all that and hold its own. It is a fantastic origin story, it takes advantage of the fact that there are many things that we already know about the MCU and builds on it.
Tbh I was a bit confused by the trailer (without giving any spoilers away) because it lead you to believe something which I thought was different from what I knew from Guardians and Agents of Shield so it was great to see some twists to keep things interesting considering it is a sort of prequel movie and you think you know a lot of what should happen and how things should turn out.
I loved Brie Larson, she was absolutely perfect. I was worried she was going to be a macho superhero to try and compete with Captain America and Thor etc but she isn't. She is very sweet and gentile but kicks ass when she needs to. Samuel L Jackson was fantastic and it was great to see more of Nick Fury because in previous films he was one of those characters you felt like you never got enough of. The other little touch I loved was seeing Coulson again. He might not be a major character for some people because it has been yonks since we saw him in the MCU but he is a major character in Agents of Shield and very much the devoted and loyal soldier that Nick Fury is. I thought it was perfect that they had him in this and sewed the seeds for the future relationship that we know.
The humour is excellent in this one. By now you would think you have seen and heard it all but this film brings a whole new repertoire. There are the quipy one liners that we are used to but most of the humour is genuinely hilarious and takes advantage of the time period or things we know about the characters or events from the future. It is very cleverly done and I loved it.
It goes without saying that the special effects and action scenes were superb. There are some punch up scenes which you have seen in the trailers and featurettes and they look real and flow seamlessly; there is one point I squirmed for poor Samuel L Jackson.

All round superb film, fantastic origin story and out of all the MCU origin stories I would put this second behind Captain America for me. By the time the film has finished you are pumped for Endgame and if they were doing another showing at 3am I would gladly have stayed sat down and watched it again. I am just glad I planned ahead and I have got a ticket to go and see it again this afternoon

There are two post credit scenes. The first one is they key one which you need to see but the second one is definitely worth waiting all the way till the end for.

Keep your eyes peeled, I'll make a separate post somewhere letting everyone know but now that Captain Marvel is out I am expecting the tickets for Endgame to go up for advanced booking at some point within the next week and there should be a double bill with Infinity War going in to a midnight premiere.

Last edited by General Maximus; 08-03-2019 at 04:24.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:37   #5186
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Is the 'special' thing part of the BBFC certification or just before/after?
Old 08-03-2019, 10:49   #5187
General Maximus
Ran Away

Immediately after when the film normally starts. I want to give you a hint but it will spoil it and i dont want to because once again Marvel have put a lot of thought and effort into something and proven that they do what they do because they care.

Last edited by General Maximus; 08-03-2019 at 10:54.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:37   #5188
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I wondered if the BBFC had snuck an Easter egg or tribute to Stan Lee (which is still what I am going to assume it is)
Old 08-03-2019, 12:52   #5189
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 08-03-2019, 16:00   #5190
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Captain Marvel - 9/10

Outstanding film, and very well done - funny, great action, and good acting - make sure you get there for the film beginning, as it’s so worth it; stay until the end credits as well.

Have to say, seeing the Avengers: Endgame trailer in 3D IMAX blew me away - gave it a completely different feel.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-03-2019 at 18:31.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote