Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 27-01-2019, 12:04   #5161
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Sebastiane - 1976 (IMDB entry)

7/10

An interesting study of male relationships. Notable for its dialog being in (authentic) Latin. I had a tape from when it was shown on TV (to outrage) but this was a 1080P download. If you can get past the opening dance scene for emperor Diocletian you'll watch it all.

Trivia: When asked about the film's nudity, director Derek Jarman replied "We couldn't afford costumes."
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2019, 15:05   #5162
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Polar - Brilliantly OTT and Nutty. I loved it! 9/10 (Casting was a bit naff, I mean come on, Matt Lucas?)

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 09:02   #5163
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw FINAL DESTINATION (2000) on VHS

3/10 -- I hadnt seen it in so long... I had forgotton I had seen it and when I watched it again I knew why.... Not that good!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 09:34   #5164
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Funnily enough something happened at work on Friday which made me think about them. I enjoyed them for what they were and can remember seeing the first one at the cinema with my friends. I havent seen any of them since the last one came out which was number 5 i think and that must have been 2011 ish. As an fyi last i heard they are making a new one.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 11:05   #5165
starlingemotional
Inactive

starlingemotional is an unknown quantity at this point

Last movie I saw was Alpha (2018)

Pretty nice and inoffensive story about a boy befriending a wolf! Was all in subtitles, as the story was set like 20,000 years ago, which was an interesting move. Thought they might just speak English and not care about historical accuracy But was glad the main wolf was not a CGI creation, as it would have fell flat. Was exciting and kept me entertained all the way through.

4/5
starlingemotional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 20:56   #5166
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Escape Room (2019): 6/10

In the past I have given films 6/10 because they were on the verge of being bad or something was wrong with them. There isn't anything wrong with this film and I was happy to keep watching it to see what happened because it kept your on the edge of your seat. The only thing which stopped it from getting a higher score was lack of substance in the story but I think the entire horror genre suffers from that imho. It is defo worth a watch if you like the mystery/detective type films/series and like to think and suss stuff about while you are watching. I thought this would be a standalone film but the closing scene makes you think there is more to it so I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel. It has already made $80m and it couldn't have cost that much to make.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:34   #5167
General Maximus
Ran Away

Alita: Battle Angel: 8/10
A beautiful film with a great story. I would describe it as fantasy scifi and I know some will argue it is predictable in the direction it goes (without giving away any spoilers) but I loved it. I loved the story, the action scenes were kick ass and the special effects and motion capture were out of this world; she looks real.

The only thing which is bugging me is that I didn't realise it is going to be a trilogy so as we were approaching the end of the film I was expecting a punch up with the big bag but instead I got a cliff hanger so be warned.

If you have seen the trailer and are remotely interested in the film don't wait to download it or come out on bluray, go and see it at the cinema in all its glory and preferable in 3D.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:40   #5168
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

*Alita: Battle Angel* in IMAX 3D.

Definitely worth seeing, great action, seamless special effect, good story - 7 or 8 out of 10.

It wasn’t "Avenger: Infinity War" or "Thor: Ragnarok", but still a very good film.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by General Maximus; 06-02-2019 at 19:19. Reason: edited instead of quoting by mistake, my bad
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 19:18   #5169
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
*Alita: Battle Angel* It wasn’t "Thor: Ragnarok"
you are right, it is a million times better
Old 07-02-2019, 12:18   #5170
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Stan & Laurel - 9/10

Fantastic film, telling the story of their career in later year after their popularity dwindled. Very interesting and honestly the two lead actors are amazing in the roles.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:39   #5171
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Stan & Laurel - 9/10

Fantastic film, telling the story of their career in later year after their popularity dwindled. Very interesting and honestly the two lead actors are amazing in the roles.
Given the very good reviews this has had l am looking forward to seeing this as l had some doubts as to how good this film would turn out to be.
Old 11-02-2019, 21:20   #5172
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Alita (Battle Angel) - 7 / 10.

I didnt have high hopes for this - and am happy to say my expectations of it being poor were not met.

It was actually quite good, and far better than I had expected. It was a litle slow getting started, and I think they could have cut down some of the first 30 minutes, but after that, it got going, and was quite enjoyable.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 19:11   #5173
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Happy Death Day - 7/10

Pretty decent and funny in places for being a 'slasher'

Girl gets murdered on her birthday and wakes to relive the day again and again, until she works out who the killer is. Basically Groundhog Day with murder.
Old 13-02-2019, 21:55   #5174
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Green Book 7/10.

A bit paint by numbers and you can see why people were complaining about the way they handled race but I enjoyed it. It was well made. Certainly more than Vice! I could have watched it for longer, the interaction between the two actors/characters was enjoyable.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 12:58   #5175
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Overlord - 9/10. Unsure why it bombed at the box office. Has next to no chance of a sequel.

Aquaman - 8/10. Further evidence that DC solo movies can be way better than the Justice League team ups.