Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Bachelor Party

Old 13-01-2024, 10:26   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Thumbs up

Who here has seen this movie? I just watched it tonight after many years....Its funny as anything!!

I discovered they ruined this movie,I just got it on VHS so I was happy to be able to see it again...

I have the original 1985 VHS release and its mono but the newer 1995 releases are STEREO and probably sound like crap!!!

I have heard a a few things they take from mono and make stereo and they are aweful!!

LEAVE THE BLASTED MOVIE ALONE!!!!!!!! -- I tell ya,the 80s+ was the most destructive decade ever!!

I thankfully have the orginal MONO release!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2024, 02:41   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Bachelor Party

It was never ruined. Most films would likely have different versions and different sound mixes. More likely it was down mixed to mono.

The more channels a movie has the better it sounds.
Old 15-01-2024, 06:04   #3
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Hmmmmmm I wonder why it would be down mixed to mono??

By 1985 there had been stereo movies on VHS and BETA for years.........

Anyway to find out for sure on this movie buddy??

1 thing I do not like about MONO VCRs is if the movie IS NOT RECORDED ON CENTER MIX,left and right channel are slightly lower volume!! (@ l least on the ones I have had)

Back before they started having STEREO releases they used to record ALL VHS STUFF ON CENTER MIX and it sounded excellent......
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2024, 08:13   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If its mono how can they have a centre or a left and right?

No way for definite to find out unless it's on the Internet somewhere.

Some issues did arise from downmixing the audio to stereo from surround. A big example would be a version of Star Wars a new hope. Certain sound effects audio and I think even 3PO were totally missing from one of the earlier stereo VHS tapes.
Old 15-01-2024, 10:38   #5
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Even if it was remastered to 4k with 7.1 sound I'd expect Dude111 to say it's ruined because it's not 'mono' etc. Get with the times, update and enjoy. The world has moved on but you obviously haven't. It's your problem, not anyone else's.