Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retention Dept gone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Retention Dept gone?

Old 03-05-2019, 17:03   #1
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough
Retention Dept gone?

I phone up VM retention Dept to ask for renewal of discount, although I pressed the right key to select retention, it was nothing but the usual customer service and they said retention dept is no more, thus they are unable to renew any discounts.

Is that true? Can somebody point me to correct play to get discounts? Or is discount a thing of the past?
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2019, 17:05   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
I phone up VM retention Dept to ask for renewal of discount, although I pressed the right key to select retention, it was nothing but the usual customer service and they said retention dept is no more, thus they are unable to renew any discounts.

Is that true? Can somebody point me to correct play to get discounts? Or is discount a thing of the past?
Ring up to cancel and they will appear, by magic
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 17:23   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post

Maybe they are toughening up on discounts. The whole system is ridiculous. They should stop copying Sky and set a reasonable price in the first place, then stick to it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 17:36   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe they are toughening up on discounts. The whole system is ridiculous. They should stop copying Sky and set a reasonable price in the first place, then stick to it.
Cripes I agree.
Old 03-05-2019, 18:01   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Cripes I agree.
Double cripes! There's not even a crack in the sky!

Mind you, it is cloudy here...
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 17:13   #6
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

I hope it's not really gone, and that call hander was just fibbing.
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 17:42   #7
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

For years, I took the "moral" high ground and never phoned for discounts, as I thought it was unethical, while all all along reading posts here about people getting great discounts.

One day I thought to myself, what, as with most business', VM are overcharging for their products and the discounted price is closer to the true price? I then phoned up retentions and never looked back.

These days I think the discounted prices are overcharged too!
Old 04-05-2019, 18:36   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
For years, I took the "moral" high ground and never phoned for discounts, as I thought it was unethical, while all all along reading posts here about people getting great discounts.

One day I thought to myself, what, as with most business', VM are overcharging for their products and the discounted price is closer to the true price? I then phoned up retentions and never looked back.

These days I think the discounted prices are overcharged too!
It's obviously a very profitable way for VM to operate. Most don't haggle so vastly overpay. If they do there is sufficient margin to discount and still make a profit/retain custom.

Retention is everything, so there's always a retention dept. Think they only work office hours, so the OP might have got through to normal CS who will give nothing. Either ring back, or cancel and they'll contact you, sharpish !
Old 04-05-2019, 19:38   #9
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

My mum phoned VM and pressed the options for retentions and got through to normal foreign customer services, so it's possible they have gone.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 19:57   #10
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

I spoke to them this morning they still exist as a department I phoned at 11 ish
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:21   #11
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
I spoke to them this morning they still exist as a department I phoned at 11 ish
Retentions does exist but sometimes only if you ask, on VVIP FMC handle everything
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:51   #12
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

A truly effective retentions department isn’t one that’s openly discussed on Internet forums are dishing out deals right, left and centre to anyone that asks for a deal.

It’s supposed to exist to retain those who genuinely intend to leave. I’d not be surprised if they operate on a “call back” basis a day or two after notice is given.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:52   #13
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

As a matter of interest is 'Retentions' the department you speak to if you phone and click thru the options to 'I'm thinking of leaving'?.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:53   #14
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Not ordinarily, someone tries to fob you off first (in my experience managing two contracts for a few years now).
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 15:34   #15
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough

I will try to ring "retentions" again early tomorrow morning to see if I get UK or India. The Indians did say there is no discount available despite one before said said there will be. One of them was fibbing.
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote