Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 22-05-2013, 21:19   #61
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Oh, I just noticed that the new Xbox (I'm refusing to call it by that stupid name) doesn't come with a compnent or composite connection.

Well, that rules me out. My main TV set isn't HD
Time to buy an HD TV me thinks as you're missing out.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2013, 21:59   #62
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Indeed!

They're cheap, and well worth having if still stuck with an old TV.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 22:16   #63
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I may end up buying the PS4 this time around along with the X1 if the reports are correct about its 50% more power, although more power doesn't always mean a better console.

My only gripe with the PS4 is i really don't like the PS controller compared to the Xbox one.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 01:28   #64
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

As harsh as it sounds but there's little point to using these consoles if it's not in HD, I started on the 360 on the standard AV cable on a standard def TV and thought nothing of it until I got a HDTV and nearly had a fit when I seen what I was missing out. I felt like an idiot for not realizing it was so much better at first.

Microsoft are aiming towards something I've wanted for a very long time!

An online store that allows you to trade in digital games for other/discounts off other games. I've wanted it for steam for a long time but MS have picked the ball up. I simply don't care about DRM, the only games I buy I intend to keep so I'll have no discs at all and be going for full digi console and if I do decide I no longer want the game, it's not stuck on my HDD forever.
Old 23-05-2013, 01:46   #65
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I may end up buying the PS4 this time around along with the X1 if the reports are correct about its 50% more power, although more power doesn't always mean a better console.

My only gripe with the PS4 is i really don't like the PS controller compared to the Xbox one.
Digital Foundry on the Xbox One's specs: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...lysis-xbox-one

I hate the PlayStation controllers... I think the DS3 is *awful*. It's too lightweight, and the triggers are a joke. Hell, the triggers are so bad that developers always seem to use the shoulder buttons instead.

I will be buying both consoles, however, as both will have exclusives I'd be interested in... although I won't buy both at the same time.

I think I will probably do what i did last time and buy the Xbox first, and the PlayStation later. [And the Wii U can get stuffed.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
As harsh as it sounds but there's little point to using these consoles if it's not in HD, I started on the 360 on the standard AV cable on a standard def TV and thought nothing of it until I got a HDTV and nearly had a fit when I seen what I was missing out. I felt like an idiot for not realizing it was so much better at first.

Microsoft are aiming towards something I've wanted for a very long time!

An online store that allows you to trade in digital games for other/discounts off other games. I've wanted it for steam for a long time but MS have picked the ball up. I simply don't care about DRM, the only games I buy I intend to keep so I'll have no discs at all and be going for full digi console and if I do decide I no longer want the game, it's not stuck on my HDD forever.

Yeah, it was such a jump going from an SD CRT TV to an HDTV!

As for the game activation and pre-owned situation... I'm not that fussed, myself.

I do think that MS really screwed up though with the reveal. They should have addressed the main rumours head-on (always online, BC, pre-owned games) during the reveal, instead of relying on various people to give conflicting information in interviews afterwards.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 06:50   #66
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

It seems to mention a monthly fee for online gaming.

Is this to replace the yearly (circa £40) fee to play on xbox live?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 09:37   #67
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

So far I am leaning towards the PS4 just because it seems the Xbox isn't as focused on games. The impression I got from the reveal was very much that gaming was merely one aspect of the One with TV being equally as important a focus, a TV functionality that will not work properly in the UK in all likelihood.

The PS4 presentation did talk a lot more about games and it seems at the moment that PS4 will, like the PS3, continue to attract exclusive innovative games (Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Journey). In fact Sony went as far to have the developer of Briad join them for the first unveiling of the console! One of the surprising successes of the PS3 were these types of games and now it seems Sony is actively encouraging those developers to the extent they're getting pre-release access to the development tools! I also cannot wait to see what quantic dream do with the PS4. It could be huge.

Obviously this can change and press conferences aren't everything. However we can try as discern their approach for this generation and Microsoft talked about TV and had Steven Spielberg talk. Sony talked about games and had independent developers talk. This bodes well for the PS4 in my view.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 09:47   #68
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I watched an interview yesterday and the interviewee referred to it as an entertainment system and not a games console. If you look back at the Xbox and the 360 then this seems like it was always part of their plan.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 14:41   #69
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just pre ordered Xbox One and COD:Ghosts to go with it as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 15:20   #70
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Gotta love EA and their BS, according to them the PS4 and XBOX One are "a generation ahead of the most powerful PC currently available on the market". How they can get away with such blatant lies is beyond me.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Xbox-...s-355375.shtml
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 17:02   #71
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

You have better eyes than I. I can't tell all but the very slightest bit of differences between HD and SD.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 17:11   #72
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You have better eyes than I. I can't tell all but the very slightest bit of differences between HD and SD.
chalk and cheese.

I remember playing call of duty (can't remember which) on SD and the map was twilight zone (eqypt) but i could see nothing, but when I switched to HD, it was totally different.

If you want to see difference, watch sport, always a good comparison
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 18:24   #73
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

xbox one seems like nothing more than a locked down PC in a small case. people going on about how you can take a skype call and play a game at the same time. and all this on a 32bit machine with only 8GB RAM.

i dunno, maybe I've always missed the point in consoles. I suppose if you're 15 and still live at home with only your bedroom to claim as your own, it makes sense. but as an adult, there's surely no need for it? don't get me wrong, when I was living at home, I too had the master system and mega drive and a Playstation. but once I moved out and got a job, it's always been PCs.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:28   #74
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Microsoft ain't calling this a console. To them it's an entertainment system.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 18:30   #75
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
My first experience was way back when Rainbow Six Vegas was released and in online Multiplayer you had ranks but they couldn't be made out properly in SD

When switching to HD these ranks became much sharper and more visible as did the whole game in fairness.

Quote:
@PaulMitchell80 We can confirm that the article stating Xbox One will charge fees to play used games is NOT correct. ^PJ
Article in question is http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-and-red-rings