Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 26-01-2017, 13:06   #121
Mr Banana

Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
No response to my post quoting YOU as stating that VM MANDATE you can't connect 2 V6's via wi-fi?

Starting to feel a bit ridiculous yet
I can't see any post where Spiderplant stated this?
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2017, 13:47   #122
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
I can't see any post where Spiderplant stated this?
I said it here. Not sure what response OR wants though. It seems a perfectly clear post to me.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 20:02   #123
Appleman
Inactive

Appleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Recently been having an issue with iPlayer and Netflix.

Screen goes black when I try and play iPlayer content
Screen goes red and then displays the error "content unavailable at this time, please try again later"

A reboot solves both issues for a while then it returns. Anyone else having this issue?

I also get the wake from standby issue too. Switch either the V6 or TV off then on solves this one.
Appleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 21:54   #124
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I said it here. Not sure what response OR wants though. It seems a perfectly clear post to me.
Just the fact that you and VM are wrong, wifi is perfectly capable of supporting multiple boxes (unless your walls are 10 foot thick concrete or your house is so large the V6 and router are like 500 feet apart), if the V6 can't hack another box on the same wifi network then it is a poorly designed hw/sw combo.

Go on, bring yourself to admit it, just this once.
Old 27-01-2017, 10:11   #125
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
unless your walls are 10 foot thick concrete or your house is so large the V6 and router are like 500 feet apart
... or you have a fishtank, or plaster-reinforcing mesh in your walls, or your neighbours' networks are using overlapping channels, or there are other sources of interference, ...

In short, your opinions are based on experience of WiFi in your home. VM's are based on experience of WiFi in millions of homes.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 11:22   #126
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
... or you have a fishtank, or plaster-reinforcing mesh in your walls, or your neighbours' networks are using overlapping channels, or there are other sources of interference, ...

In short, your opinions are based on experience of WiFi in your home. VM's are based on experience of WiFi in millions of homes.
Don't want to get involved in this argument but where does it state that VM mandate only one V6 box on wifi and preferably on 5Ghz?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 13:21   #127
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just the fact that you and VM are wrong, wifi is perfectly capable of supporting multiple boxes (unless your walls are 10 foot thick concrete or your house is so large the V6 and router are like 500 feet apart), if the V6 can't hack another box on the same wifi network then it is a poorly designed hw/sw combo.

Go on, bring yourself to admit it, just this once.

Your arrogance is unbelievable. Through his job, Siderpland has both expertise and masses of feedback on real word experience of VM customers. Your expertise on these matters is pitifully insignificant in comparison.

When Spiderplant posts on here, it is to help people. When you pot on here, it is purely to moan.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 14:32   #128
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Your arrogance is unbelievable. Through his job, Siderpland has both expertise and masses of feedback on real word experience of VM customers. Your expertise on these matters is pitifully insignificant in comparison.

When Spiderplant posts on here, it is to help people. When you pot on here, it is purely to moan.
To be fair, while the tone of some of the comments may be a little hostile, the advice being questioned is quite confusing.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 14:50   #129
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I have had a complaint regarding the tone of posts in this thread. All help offered and given is voluntary, can we please be civil and respectful of any help received or given, do not argue, if I have to come back to this thread, I will take further action.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 00:31   #130
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

When I got up in the morning I noticed my v6 was not on standby as I always put it on standby when I go bed so I turned the TV on what I saw I have taken a picture of I couldn't get out of the updating screen so I turned the v6 on and off on the rocker switch which seemed to fix the problem
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 18:56   #131
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Switched it on and nothing but "waking up" perpetually displayed.

Reboot required to clear this.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:33   #132
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Switched it on and nothing but "waking up" perpetually displayed.

Reboot required to clear this.
Just leave it on, Richard.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:35   #133
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

...And havng just sat down to watch the recordings from today, it hasn't recorded them again.

Is anyone else finding that the V6 isn't recording whilst in Standby?

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just leave it on, Richard.
Think I'll have to, but I hate wasting power.

I'm interested to see if this is the reappearance of the old but that did this or if it's only my particular box doing this.
Old 30-01-2017, 19:39   #134
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
...And havng just sat down to watch the recordings from today, it hasn't recorded them again.

Is anyone else finding that the V6 isn't recording whilst in Standby?

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Think I'll have to, but I hate wasting power.

I'm interested to see if this is the reappearance of the old but that did this or if it's only my particular box doing this.
I think the problems that occur with V6s on standby is a known issue, which should be resolved with a future update.

In the meantime the advice is not to use the standby option to avoid these problems.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 19:58   #135
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks OB, I wasn't aware of that.