Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 30-01-2010, 00:42   #1321
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
However I don't know if they are easy for achievements
I do like a bit of a challenge somtimes lol. Ive played the demo of bad company 2 and it seems pretty good so far
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2010, 20:30   #1322
SwgLee
Inactive

SwgLee is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Online gaming

Been playing Star Wars Galaxies for close to 5 years now. Still enjoy it but the servers are quite old and cant handle large scale battles which is a shame. A brand new Galactic Civil War was added this week with more PvP in Cities but due to the servers alot of lag for most.
I prefer the trading side to the game, and i am also a Mayor of a city that is top rank and has been since 2005.
If anyone is on facebook, i have a characters fan page on there for my character showing off events/screenshots and features of our city there (over 130 players reside there).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zisos-...e/269369073671

I get extremely busy ingame with guild demands/trading issues and other stuff. Seems the server has me on friends list lol.
To counter that i played the WOW trial. I enjoyed it, so upgraded to a full acoount. Its my 2nd game though but a nice get away now and again.

Will be trying Star Trek Online also when its released soon, it may replace my WOW game.

The one thing i will say is that i personally think Star Wars Galaxies has alot more depth to it over WoW but the servers on WoW are second to none and blow SWG's servers to bits. When playing WoW ive had no packet loss, loading issues, lag or bugs.

You can get a free 14 day trial in SWG from the official page. If anyone tries it, join Farstar server and send me ingame mail and ill send you some credits to help you start off. Characters name is Ziso
SwgLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 23:03   #1323
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Been playing Guitar Hero 3 all day, done every song on the hard career, just need to beat lou now. 15 Gamerscore, yay.
Old 06-02-2010, 15:39   #1324
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

How not to play MW2

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17090
Old 06-02-2010, 17:17   #1325
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Ooohhh they listed all my l33t skillz there

Tbh I have not played it in a couple months. Was fun at first when everyone was getting used to it but then like all the others its become repetative with people using the same old exploits. Shame
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 17:26   #1326
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I'm so glad I traded it in when I did. From what I'm being told, there's a new exploit every week. MW2 is a wasted piece of crap. It's like IW went and thought that because everyone loved CoD4 so they wouldn't need to work so hard on MW2. Did they ever actually test it?

Oh, and I'm playing ME2 on 360 and MAG on PS3.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 17:32   #1327
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I'm so glad I traded it in when I did. From what I'm being told, there's a new exploit every week. MW2 is a wasted piece of crap. It's like IW went and thought that because everyone loved CoD4 so they wouldn't need to work so hard on MW2. Did they ever actually test it?

Oh, and I'm playing ME2 on 360 and MAG on PS3.
Really want to get MAG myself. Finished ME2 and got Dante's Inferno. Good game. Might sell it after finishing and buy MAG though

Currently playing -

Star Trek Online (PC)
Dantes Inferno(PS3)

Next Week - Bioshock 2 (PC)
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 19:54   #1328
cimt

MAG is underrated. People who picked SVER won't agree with this but some of their weapons are seriously over powered. Also, you get a lot of people using heavy weapons because they just rip through you.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:46   #1329
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I must STOP playing COD:MW2 after 1am, last night I was on until 2:30am.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:21   #1330
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
MAG is underrated. People who picked SVER won't agree with this but some of their weapons are seriously over powered. Also, you get a lot of people using heavy weapons because they just rip through you.
I am loving mag at the moment but keep swapping between that and MW2
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 22:52   #1331
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I must STOP playing COD:MW2 after 1am, last night I was on until 2:30am.
lol, i need to stop playing it too.

Hurry up Bad Company 2
Old 09-02-2010, 14:01   #1332
cimt

I hope I don't regret this but I just bought Fallout 3 again because a 360 scratched the hell out of my last one. I just hope I can actually get into this time, because last time I couldn't.
Old 09-02-2010, 14:52   #1333
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Spent most of yesterday playing Bioshock 2 (360) as my collectors edition got delivered early
Old 09-02-2010, 15:02   #1334
zing_deleted

is it any good? I got it to play but I never really got on with Bioshock ( mainly cuz I couldnt get past a dodgy enemy early on)

Does it matter I didnt finish 1?
Old 09-02-2010, 15:46   #1335
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
is it any good? I got it to play but I never really got on with Bioshock ( mainly cuz I couldnt get past a dodgy enemy early on)

Does it matter I didnt finish 1?
Its not too reliant on knowing the full story from the first game. This is set 10 yrs later and you play on of the first ever Big Daddies that was bonded to a little sister. However it will obviously help.

I am loving it so far, but I also really loved the first Bioshock.