Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Magic eye for virgin V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Magic eye for virgin V6 box

Old 08-03-2018, 12:44   #1
Jag316pod
Inactive

Jag316pod is an unknown quantity at this point
Magic eye for virgin V6 box

Hi try to work out how to use a Sky magic eye on a virgin T6 box is it possible
I have a tv in another room linked via coax cable no aerial socket on T6 box how do I convert to correct socket
Thanks
Jag316pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2018, 13:03   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Magic eye for virgin T6 box

It's not possible to use a Sky Magic Eye with a V6 box. (I don't think current Sky boxes have an aerial socket, either). If you really want to feed a second TV from the same box, you'll need an HDMI splitter and a long HDMI cable.

The V6 remote control will work through walls, so you don't need the IR part of the Magic Eye to control your box from another room.

ps. Welcome to the forum.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 13:23   #3
Jag316pod
Inactive

Jag316pod is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply my issue is I have a coax with aerial connector from tv to the virgin box and it’s buried in the wall this used to connect to my Sky box is there a way of using the aerial cable
Thanks for your help
Jag316pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 20:43   #4
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Have a look at this:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-rf-conversion
Old 09-03-2018, 00:09   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag316pod View Post
Thanks for the reply my issue is I have a coax with aerial connector from tv to the virgin box and it’s buried in the wall this used to connect to my Sky box is there a way of using the aerial cable
Thanks for your help
If you are running 2 TV's you need 3 pieces of kit:

An HDMI splitter.
An HDMI/Scart Digital to Analogue converter
A Scart to RF converter.

Not to mention 3 power sockets to run them.

The other alternative is an HD video sender. More expensive buyt you cut out the analogue conversion requirement.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 18:19   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
If you are running 2 TV's you need 3 pieces of kit:

An HDMI splitter.
An HDMI/Scart Digital to Analogue converter
A Scart to RF converter.

Not to mention 3 power sockets to run them.

The other alternative is an HD video sender. More expensive buyt you cut out the analogue conversion requirement.
Why would a HDMI splitter (1in 2 out) not work if both TVs have HDMI ports?
Old 09-03-2018, 18:25   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Itshim:

Why would a HDMI splitter (1in 2 out) not work if both TVs have HDMI ports?
It would, but the OP has his second set connected by co-ax to the antenna input and requested a solution for that setup as he has cables in place.
Old 09-03-2018, 19:35   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It would, but the OP has his second set connected by co-ax to the antenna input and requested a solution for that setup as he has cables in place.
Thank you if I ever bother that will work for me. Live by if it ain't broke don't fix it. And the TiVo works fine for me.and I never take 'mark 1 ' of anything