Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 13-10-2022, 15:29   #2206
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
The science about how a vaccine works is pretty well established though.
You’re using a lot of words to not offer very much new information I’m afraid.

There’s no real world evidence to demonstrate efficacy against infection of the current vaccines against current variants at all. In six months when we are two more waves and variants on, the gap will be even wider. Hybrid immunity is clearly not up to much either, despite it’s many proponents.

This is my last input on the subject for now the thread was dead and buried and I’ve no real interest in resuscitating to debate the palpably obvious.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2022, 17:19   #2207
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Vaccines never prevent infection, but they do reduce transmission.

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I remember Pfizer saying their coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection, not that it stopped all infection…

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covi...infection.html
Instant contradiction generator
Old 13-10-2022, 19:20   #2208
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

How does the immune system ward off attacks by viruses and bacteria that are not yet inside the body?

Many types live on our skin and are ignored. But once they get inside (infect), the war begins, helped by vaccines that have taught the immune system what they look like, act like and what toxins they produce.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 16:17   #2209
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I got my 4th shot and flu jab last Wednesday, no ill effects at all.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 17:50   #2210
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I got my 4th shot and flu jab last Wednesday, no ill effects at all.
I had mine last Thursday and felt fine, no aching this time either.

On Friday I was extremely tired, so much so that I basically slept from Thursday night until this morning.

I suppose this will have been the vaccine working it's way into my system.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 20:03   #2211
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Really, and on what medical evidence do you base that ?

Since its free, and does work (help) i'll be taking up the offer on Oct 19th.
For gods sake, don't. More and more research data is coming out that implicates the cabs in myocarditis, pericarditis, strokes, sudden death, a lowering of immune function and all sorts of other nasty side effects.
The CDC followed about 10 million jabbed people and their data (released after a year of foi requests and two court orders) shows that 7.8% of people who got the jab needed medical treatment afterwards and 25% couldn't go to work or school for a period of time after the injection.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Instant contradiction generator
Indeed, and the EU just got a pfizer exec to admit under oath that the jabs don't and were never designed to prevent transmission.
Old 15-10-2022, 21:47   #2212
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
For gods sake, don't. More and more research data is coming out that implicates the cabs in myocarditis, pericarditis, strokes, sudden death, a lowering of immune function and all sorts of other nasty side effects.
The CDC followed about 10 million jabbed people and their data (released after a year of foi requests and two court orders) shows that 7.8% of people who got the jab needed medical treatment afterwards and 25% couldn't go to work or school for a period of time after the injection.
Take it from me, my immune system is doing just fine.
Just so you know, I have had multiple flu jabs, and multiple covid jabs, and not a single side effect from any of them.

Of course, you could equally say that 92.2% of people who got the jab (which jab ?) needed no medical treatment afterwards, and that 75% could go straight back to school or work again.

As Ive posted in the past, all vaccines do is prepare your body to deal with a virus, they do not prevent, or cure.
However, if they do the job well, your body kills off the invading virus before you notice, so it appears they prevent infection.
By the same token, if the virus in you gets killed off quickly, there is little chance of you passing it on, so it appears to prevent transmission.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 22:19   #2213
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Indeed, and the EU just got a pfizer exec to admit under oath that the jabs don't and were never designed to prevent transmission.
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N31F20E

Quote:
Social media users are circulating video clips of testimony by a Pfizer executive, who is said to “admit” that the company and its partner BioNTech did not test whether their mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine reduced virus transmission prior to rolling it out – which is something the companies were not required to do for initial regulatory approval, nor did they claim to have done.

To get emergency approval, companies needed to show that the vaccines were safe and prevented vaccinated people from getting ill. They did not have to show that the vaccine would also prevent people from spreading the virus to others. Once the vaccines were on the market, independent researchers in multiple countries studied people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and did show that vaccination reduced transmission of variants circulating at the time.

As these results on transmission were emerging in early 2021, national health authorities in many countries implemented or proposed vaccine-passport-style regulations that prompted ongoing debate (here) over the ethical and legal basis of the rules.

The misleading posts imply that national restrictions such as vaccine passports were based on a promise of vaccines blocking virus spread that neither the companies nor EU regulators made before the vaccines were marketed.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 23:20   #2214
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sigh

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 44F05023-684C-42EF-9E29-99D8252EE670.jpeg (96.4 KB, 110 views)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 23:41   #2215
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

The myocarditis occurrences and the fact the latest vaccine does not touch the latest variants have made me decide to swerve the latest round
Old 16-10-2022, 09:39   #2216
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Thank heavens for some sensible people on this site.Paul,Hugh and Chris.
Old 16-10-2022, 09:52   #2217
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
The myocarditis occurrences and the fact the latest vaccine does not touch the latest variants have made me decide to swerve the latest round
What about the covid death occurrences, 597 in the last week. Balance of risks.
https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsu...20even%20lower.

Quote:
Reports of myocarditis following any Covid-19 vaccine remain rare, and the cases that have been reported have usually been mild. Those affected have usually quickly felt better with rest and simple treatments. In most cases of myocarditis, heart function returns to normal.

Research suggests that overall, myocarditis is no more likely to be triggered by a Covid vaccine by than any other vaccine.

It's also worth noting that Covid-19 itself is much more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine is, and people who are vaccinated have a much lower risk of getting other serious complications caused by Covid-19.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 10:24   #2218
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Lol. You do know that Reuters and Pfizer share top execs? It's a revolving door. I wouldn't take the Reuters fact check service at face value when it comes to Pfizer products.

edit: Anyway, I'm not saying anymore on this subject.
Old 16-10-2022, 12:58   #2219
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Lol. You do know that Reuters and Pfizer share top execs? It's a revolving door. I wouldn't take the Reuters fact check service at face value when it comes to Pfizer products.

edit: Anyway, I'm not saying anymore on this subject.
What's your source and who are the top execs participating in this "revolving door"?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 14:09   #2220
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Research online. The info isn't all that hard to find