Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin+ and Belkin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin+ and Belkin

Old 21-06-2009, 23:18   #1
HarleyQuinn
Inactive

HarleyQuinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Virgin+ and Belkin

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone can help with a recent problem I've encountered. About a week ago, Virgin+ replaced Sky+ in my house and ever since, I can't connect to my Belkin router. I'm on Vista and before the installation, I could quite easily access the internet.

Also, there seems to be a new network: an unsecure version of my original network with the original name. Now, whether this is a Virgin thing or someone in the area has set this up to get my card details, I don't know. But it's just something else that has occured.

What I want to know is, is there a way for me to actually connect to my internet without buying a new router or going back to Sky? There are multiple computers in this house that use the wireless so any help would be appreciated not only by me.

Thanks for reading.
HQ
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-06-2009, 23:21   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Virgin+ and Belkin

Have you moved from ADSL to Cable?
If so, the router won't work.
If you've gone to virgin national (ADSL) Have you changed the login details from Sky to Virgin?
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 23:26   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

moaning mags is right if you have moved to cable then you need a new router
try asking VM for one as a gift for joining them and leaving sky ,you never know
if the package your on is big enough they might oblige
Old 22-06-2009, 21:46   #4
HarleyQuinn
Inactive

HarleyQuinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both moaningmags and martyh, however...

The broaband has never changed. While on Sky tv, we were on Virgin phone and internet. We were wired through an old Virgin box that acted as our modem. So, the only thing has changed is that we got a new V+ box and a separate Virgin modem. Therefore, we (the household) believe it's wired wrong, the modem's messed up or something is causing interference.

I would love any experience anyone has of these problems or how to fix it, if that's at all possible.
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote