Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 07-07-2019, 18:29   #1186
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My my your predictions seem to be going way off course again OB.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Ask OB as he is the expert Nostradamus on here.
The next suggested deadline I read here for Atlantic launching on VM is when Now TV launches on BT. To be fair, Now TV has not launched on BT yet.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2019, 18:38   #1187
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
It Sunday and Virgin Media UK has removed True Crime from Virgin UK Channel 212.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Together on Twitter is reporting that Together will "release some exciting news!" On Monday (July 8th).
The Together news is probably Freeview-only, that it has got a slot on a main multiplex.

However if they were clever they might have done something that will be beneficial to them on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media. Basically they might have bought True Crime from Sony. This would mean they would get a better channel number on those 3 platforms.

Freeview 89 | Sky 194 | Virgin 269 would become
Freeview 68 | Sky 180 | Virgin 212

You'll be saying "but True Crime closed..."

On the Freeview Service Status page though True Crime and its +1 are listed under "Channels going off air temporarily".

Last edited by cheekyangus; 07-07-2019 at 18:42.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 18:40   #1188
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I would have thought, OB, that a UK based Virgin employee would have more knowledge of what was and what wasn't coming to Virgin, than the constant rumours that we have been getting about Atlantic, after all these rumours have been going on for years now, but I still hope that we do eventually get this channel.
An employee in a call centre isn’t going to have sensitive data about a future launch more than a few hours before it actually happens.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 18:42   #1189
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Together news is probably Freeview-only, that it has got a slot on a main multiplex.

However if they were clever they might have done something that will be beneficial to them on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media. Basically they might have bought True Crime from Sony. This would mean they would get a better channel number on those 3 platforms.

Freeview 89 | Sky 194 | Virgin 269 would become
Freeview 68 | Sky 180 | Virgin 212
But the broadcaster cant sell their EPG Channel number on Virgin Media.

Only Virgin can give them out.

So True Entertainment +1 may move to Channel 212 if Sony want it to.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 18:56   #1190
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
But the broadcaster cant sell their EPG Channel number on Virgin Media.

Only Virgin can give them out.

So True Entertainment +1 may move to Channel 212 if Sony want it to.
True but they would be selling the channel and the channel license, which is how they'd get the move on Freeview too within Freeview's rules, as you can't sell channel numbers on Freeview either. Freesports got its Freeview channel number by buying a shopping channel.

I'm actually expecting TE+1 to move up to 212, I just mentioned the other option as a possibility. There are plenty of gaps in the early 200s in the VM EPG though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get a better VM number.
Old 07-07-2019, 19:05   #1191
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
True but they would be selling the channel and the channel license, which is how they'd get the move on Freeview too within Freeview's rules, as you can't sell channel numbers on Freeview either. Freesports got its Freeview channel number by buying a shopping channel.

I'm actually expecting TE+1 to move up to 212, I just mentioned the other option as a possibility. There are plenty of gaps in the early 200s in the VM EPG though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get a better VM number.
Virgin Media may work on their EPG by 2023 when their axe all SD Channels (If the broadcaster have an SD Channel).

Virgin Media's Entertainment channels may look like this:
100. Virgin TV Highlights
101. BBC ONE (England only)
101. BBC ONE Scotland HD (Scotland only)
101. BBC ONE Northern Ireland HD (Northern Ireland only)
101. BBC ONE Wales HD (Wales only)
102. BBC TWO England HD (England and Scotland only)
102. BBC TWO Northern Ireland HD (Northern Ireland only)
102. BBC TWO Wales HD (Wales only)
103. ITV (England and Wales only)
103. STV HD (Scotland only)
103. UTV (Northern Ireland only)
104. Channel 4 HD
105. Channel 5 HD
106. E4 HD
107. BBC FOUR HD
108. BBC ONE London HD (England only)
108. BBC Scotland HD (Scotland only)
109. Sky One HD
110. Sky One +1?
111. Sky Witness HD
112. Sky Witness +1?
113. ITV HD (England and Wales only)
113. UTV HD (Northern Ireland only)
114. ITV +1 (England and Wales only)
114. UTV +1 (Northern Ireland only)
115. ITV2 HD
116. ITV2 +1
117. ITV3 HD
118. ITV4 HD
119. ITVBe HD
120. ITVBe +1
121. Sky Two
122. Sky Arts HD
123. Pick
124. GOLD HD
125. W HD
126. Alibi HD
127. Dave HD
128. Really
129. YESTERDAY
130. Drama
131. Dave ja vu
132. Comedy Central HD
133. Comedy Central +1
134. MTV HD
135. SYFY HD
136. SYFY +1
137. Universal TV HD
138. Universal TV +1
139. Challenge
140. Pick +1?
141. Channel 4 +1
142. 4Seven HD
143. E4 +1
144. More4 HD
145. More4 +1?
146. CBS Drama?
147. CBS Reality
148. CBS Justice
149. horror channel
150. Channel 5 +1
151. 5STAR
152. 5SELECT
153. 5 USA
154. 5Spike
155. Paramount Network HD
156. E!
157. FOX HD
158. FOX+1
159. For full list of Local channels on Virgin Media see - Local TV:
160. Real Lives
161. BBC ALBA (Red Button for English audio on Live Sports)
162. BBC TWO England HD (Scotland only)
162. BBC Scotland HD (Outside Scotland)
163. S4C HD
164. TLC HD
165. TLC+1
166. I.D.
167. I.D.+1
168. Quest HD
169. Quest +1
170. Quest Red
171. Quest Red +1?
172. DMAX
173. DMAX +1
174. ITV3 +1
175. ITV4 +1
176. Challenge +1
177. Comedy Central Extra
178. MTV +1?
179. BET
180. 5 USA +1
181. 5STAR +1
182. True Entertainment
183. W +1
184. Alibi +1
185. Sony Crime Channel
187. GOLD +1
188. YouTube
189. YESTERDAY +1
190. CBS Reality +1
191. horror channel +1
192. Netfilx
193. Virgin TV Ultra HD (Only on V6 Boxes).
194. Real Lives +1
195. Lifetime HD
196. hayu (Only on TiVo boxes.)
197. Blaze
198. Your TV
199. Vice
200. True Entertainment +1
201. Crime + Investigation +1

List last updated July 1st 2019.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 19:57   #1192
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I would have thought, OB, that a UK based Virgin employee would have more knowledge of what was and what wasn't coming to Virgin, than the constant rumours that we have been getting about Atlantic, after all these rumours have been going on for years now, but I still hope that we do eventually get this channel.
You would have thought that, wouldn't you, but time and again it has become apparent that Virgin are very slow to update their customer services staff.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 21:18   #1193
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Virgin media staff that answer the phones will be the last people to find out no doubt. That's not having a go at the staff, it's just usually the case, with a few when it eventually does come (if ever) still denying that Virgin had it.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 22:42   #1194
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I renewed my contract yesterday, got a good deal, the chap I spoke to was from Wales and was very helpful, at the end of our conversation I asked him if we were likely to get Atlantic, he said it wasn't likely, also said there was a lot of rumours going around about it coming to Virgin, but he was pretty adamant that it wasn't coming.
It won't be arriving on Virgin Media. Info i've seen suggests that it is a exclusive deal with BT that's been done for Atlantic via Nowtv no other platforms are on that document as of to date.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 23:10   #1195
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It won't be arriving on Virgin Media. Info i've seen suggests that it is a exclusive deal with BT that's been done for Atlantic via Nowtv no other platforms are on that document as of to date.
I doubt very much that VM will get Now TV. If we get Atlantic at all, it will be as a live channel. VM will have a separate deal with Sky.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 17:39   #1196
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Could we see Universal Channel eventually close down ?

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/07/sky...nbcs-manifest/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 18:26   #1197
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Possible, but other channels in the combined portfolio are likely to be closed before Universal in my opinion. Sky2 and Real Lives for instance.

I do find that procedurals comment in the article odd. Universal shows just as many procedurals. I'd say it was more the subject matter of Chicago Med that is relevant, Sky Witness shows a wider array of subjects, and in particular is home to fellow medical show Grey's Anatomy. Universal is pretty much all police crime dramas these days, most of its schedule is the various Law & Order franchises.
Old 12-07-2019, 18:27   #1198
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Possibly yes or they might evolve it into a Universal movies channel?
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 18:32   #1199
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Possible, but other channels in the combined portfolio are likely to be closed before Universal in my opinion. Sky2 and Real Lives for instance.

I do find that procedurals comment in the article odd. Universal shows just as many procedurals. I'd say it was more the subject matter of Chicago Med that is relevant, Sky Witness shows a wider array of subjects, and in particular is home to fellow medical show Grey's Anatomy. Universal is pretty much all police crime dramas these days, most of its schedule is the various Law & Order franchises.
I haven't looked myself but others are commenting that Sky Boxsets has other Universal shows listed as Sky Witness.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 18:40   #1200
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
I haven't looked myself but others are commenting that Sky Boxsets has other Universal shows listed as Sky Witness.
The only other one is Law and Order SVU , Sky Witness are airing Dick Wolf FBI next month which is apparently going to crossover with Law and Order SVU sometime next season.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote