Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 19-07-2018, 08:17   #8356
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
According to you OB new channels don't appear at all.
The future is not now, Den. Slow down, you move too fast!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2018, 10:24   #8357
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The future is not now, Den. Slow down, you move too fast!
Remember OB back tracks and changes like the wind , look how many dates he's given us for Sky Atlantic on Virgin , law of averages says he has to be right one time.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:35   #8358
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Remember OB back tracks and changes like the wind , look how many dates he's given us for Sky Atlantic on Virgin , law of averages says he has to be right one time.
He reminds me of a certain line written in a book which goes "The past , The Present and The future" although l can't quite remember what chapter he is currently on.
Old 19-07-2018, 19:22   #8359
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Untrue. A few years ago, I did say that Sky Atlantic was coming, based on a Broadcast report, other reports I had received, and basically, the way things were going at the time. I was proved wrong and I have often admitted that, but in my defence, I would also point out that sometimes, channels are about to launch, and then something happens at the last minute, and the contract does not pan out. This happened in the earlier incarnation of Paramount, and the listings were actually carried in the TV magazines, but it was pulled at the last minute.

So I may have read this incorrectly, or perhaps there were last minute contractual issues. We may never know, but yes, on that occasion, I was wrong, and I have admitted that more than once. What do you want, blood?

There is renewed speculation now for a variety of reasons, but mostly on the basis of what Sky themselves have said, including the fact that SA will be available on all major TV platforms (which clearly includes BT) and their stated desire to monetise their assets, coupled with the fact that the 10 year contract between Sky and VM comes to an end next year.

So if you disagree with my view that we will get SA next year, that's fine, but you won't be taken seriously unless you, too, are clear about your reasons for being so sure. I'm sorry, but the usual refrain along the lines that 'Sky ain't never going to give up SA' won't wash, given that they have already agreed to let BT have it.

As for your remark about back tracking and changing with the wind (sigh) I expect that is reference to my view that our conventional channels will disappear in time. I know that Denphone confuses the present with the future, but this is the first time I've realised that you seem to do this as well! Nothing I predicted there was due to happen yet!

Just for the record, those predictions relate to 2030 or thereabouts. Are you clear about that now?

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote:
He reminds me of a certain line written in a book which goes "The past , The Present and The future" although l can't quite remember what chapter he is currently on.
Well, Den, I have worked out that you have not yet got past the former, whereas I am definitely on the future.

C'mon, man, keep up!
Old 20-07-2018, 14:23   #8360
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Now TV launches new hayu pass for £3.99 a month

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/07/...hayu-pass.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 14:28   #8361
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Now TV launches new hayu pass for £3.99 a month

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/07/...hayu-pass.html
Hayu is in our package but there's nothing very intelligent in there and we never watch it.

£3.99 for that rubbish? I would begrudge spending that on this even if I had money to burn.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 20-07-2018 at 14:48.
Old 20-07-2018, 14:31   #8362
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Hayu is in our package but there's nothing very intelligent in there and wenever watch it.

£3.99 for that rubbish? I would begrudge spending that on this even if I had money to burn.
Just remember the old saying OB as one man's meat is another man's poison.
Old 20-07-2018, 17:08   #8363
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Could UFC be moving from BT Sport next year

https://www.mmanytt.com/latest-news/...ports-in-2019/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 17:15   #8364
denphone
Still alive and fighting

That seems to be the case..
Old 20-07-2018, 18:52   #8365
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

With the loss of UKTV channels on VM from this weekend VM have tried to sweeten the pot with some replacement channels.

Comparing the channels lost and gained I am not sure most customers will think they have got a good deal. But as always VM were never to consider a price reduction.

The addition of Freesports (which i sometimes watch on freeview/freesat) is welcome addition for me as a sports fan. VM are also giving Premier Sport HD for free for 2 months which i will take advantage of. If this was going to be a permanent arrangement with the channel bundled in a package that would have been great . sadly not.

But as I am already shelling out well over £100pm (and regular price increases to boot) I simply refuse to pay any more. I cant afford ay more tbh.

The problem these days with sports rights is that there are becoming too many players in the market. With Sky Sports. BT Sport, Premier Sport, Boxnation and now another provider in Eleven Sports coming onto the scene it is getting too expensive to watch everything via standalone packages for I would say 99% of punters.

I recall a few years ago Premier Sport was a available without subscription for a
temporary period. I dont think they were overwhelmed with new subscribers once the free trial ended.

And they wonder why people still go down the route of illegal streams.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 12:34   #8366
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Eleven Sports launching with the USPGA and a free 7 day trial

http://elevensports.com/eleven-sport...ple-platforms/
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 12:43   #8367
denphone
Still alive and fighting

And they know what they can do with that.
Old 23-07-2018, 12:51   #8368
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
And they know what they can do with that.
Agreed
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 13:20   #8369
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Indeed, getting things for free?

Down with this sort of thing
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 13:27   #8370
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Indeed, getting things for free?

Down with this sort of thing
Free for 7 days and thereafter its probably a tenner a month which is why they are extremely reticent about revealing how much it is now.