Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-05-2019, 18:22   #9106
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

A lot of ther big clubs are not interested in the FA Cup.

There isn't a lot of money in it for them and it gets in the way.

If one of the 4 Champions League places went to the FA Cup - that would change things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Great news, it will give the FA Cup a much bigger profile and no doubt better viewing figures.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2019, 18:39   #9107
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
They really are cutting down on costs i think. I think their focus will be EPL/champions league/europa./bundesliga

I'm intrigued to see where Serie A will end up and La Liga. Both those contracts could be re-done this summer? I hope Sky get La Liga back and Serie A. It'll really boost their football coverage and with the debacle of Eleven sport they might just be both desperate for a stable channel.
Sky and BT Sport l suspect.
Old 16-05-2019, 15:14   #9108
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Wwe going to bt
https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/wwe-...ng-to-bt-sport
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 15:40   #9109
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That is a surprise Chad.
Old 16-05-2019, 16:51   #9110
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Hallelujah thankfully my Sky sub money will no longer be funding panto.

The bad news is my BT sub now will.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 16:59   #9111
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Here hoping WWE will stop asking for £14.99 for PPVS outside the big 4.

-Elimination Chamber
-Fastlane
-Money in the Bank
-Stomping Grounds
-Extreme Rules
-Hell in a Cell
-Clash of Champions
-2 TBA from Saudi Arabia
-TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs

I do not mind the top 4 being on BT Sports Box Office:

-Royal Rumble
-WrestleMania
-SummerSlam
-Survivor Series

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

The bad news is my BT sub now will.
Still need to pay Sky Sports on top of Premier Sports for SPFL

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Quote:
BT is a ideal home for WWE after all they do broadcast UFC.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 20:03   #9112
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Here hoping WWE will stop asking for £14.99 for PPVS outside the big 4.

-Elimination Chamber
-Fastlane
-Money in the Bank
-Stomping Grounds
-Extreme Rules
-Hell in a Cell
-Clash of Champions
-2 TBA from Saudi Arabia
-TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs

I do not mind the top 4 being on BT Sports Box Office:

-Royal Rumble
-WrestleMania
-SummerSlam
-Survivor Series

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Still need to pay Sky Sports on top of Premier Sports for SPFL

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

BT is a ideal home for WWE after all they do broadcast UFC.
Personally, I think some of what BT broadcasts is quite good - unlike any of the above suggestions
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 21:41   #9113
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
They really are cutting down on costs i think. I think their focus will be EPL/champions league/europa./bundesliga

I'm intrigued to see where Serie A will end up and La Liga. Both those contracts could be re-done this summer? I hope Sky get La Liga back and Serie A. It'll really boost their football coverage and with the debacle of Eleven sport they might just be both desperate for a stable channel.
Serie A is on Premier Sport until 2021
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 09:46   #9114
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I was just combing through DigitalBitRate website and saw some BT Sports Channel stuff that seems new.

First the non-new, C073/Tsid22 has BT Sport 4K UHD, this is the current 4K channel, I'm mentioning this location on the page as this is the existing service.

What I'm drawing your attention to is this...
C052/Tsid14 has BTSport 4K Hidden, BT Sport 4K Slate and BT Sport HD Hidden.

Something new from BT?

It's possible they are preparing to move services, but why labelled as they are?
-----
I just looked at the screen shots that accompany them. The HD Hidden has a BTSport 2 logo, the 4K Hidden shows what looks like an advert for a tablet, and the Slate shows BBC2 HD move (!). Weird, but maybe just tests.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 17-05-2019 at 09:57. Reason: Additional info.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 12:10   #9115
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

WWE going to BT sport is huge AEW on ITV box office and weekly shows probably ending up on ITV 4 this is an exciting time for wrestling fans
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 13:30   #9116
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
WWE going to BT sport is huge AEW on ITV box office and weekly shows probably ending up on ITV 4 this is an exciting time for wrestling fans
Wrestling
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 13:31   #9117
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Wrestling
The word fixed springs to mind.
Old 17-05-2019, 15:38   #9118
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The word fixed springs to mind.
... and the word sport doesn't.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 15:58   #9119
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It is as fixed as stuff like Game of Thrones, EastEnders, Coronation Street.

WWE always say it is Entertainment - and in the US it airs on Entertainment channels.

It is only the UK that lump it with sport.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 09:52   #9120
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
What will be the implications for this and the WWE Network?

Wasn't there a dispute between them and Sky over showing PPV events when it launched?

There was talk of legal action at the time between the two and Sky won. The suggestion, if I remember correctly, was that the next WWE deal would change this.

Isn't it likely that the deal BT gets isn't the one Sky has had. Perhaps Sky felt that what was on offer wasn't worth it.

edit:
Also with BT Sports coming to Sky this year it's less of a risk.

Last edited by bubblegun; 18-05-2019 at 09:55. Reason: bt sports on sky
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote