Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you fixed lately?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you fixed lately?

Old 20-01-2014, 12:23   #106
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Reminds me of my old Fx602p. Bought it in the early 1980's and it finally gave up the ghost about 5 years ago. Pity I can't fix it but I can't bear to throw it away.

Just found this app though so maybe all isn't lost:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ge.uiq3.fx602p
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2014, 15:27   #107
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Fitted a new control thermostat and pump over run stat to our tired old Potterton Prima B gas central heating boiler, it's working now but still tripping the overheat stat occasionally.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 16:23   #108
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Just upgraded a lady's Lap top, did the BIOS, Chipset, there were 130 updates for windows! all the other software updates as well. Many hours later... did get £50 for it though.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 16:31   #109
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Lego plane and struggled to do so LOL and it said suitable for 8 years and over how stupid did I feel, but got there in the end or what
Old 25-01-2014, 13:54   #110
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Another watch strap - one of those pesky rubbery ones which always seem to perish and crack. This time it was the strap loop which broke. A little superglue and some black tape carefully applied did the trick.
Old 26-01-2014, 13:34   #111
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well I relocated my SHub, Asus RT-N66U Router & NAS drive to the hallway at the top of the stairs.

Now the Wi-Fi signal downstairs has jumped by 30meg, so instead of going through a wall and floor it just goes through the wooden floor.

I'm easy hitting 125meg over Wi-Fi

Old 26-01-2014, 18:14   #112
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My age and froze it ...
Old 28-01-2014, 20:00   #113
richard s
Permanently Banned

richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

The old chap who is just around the corner from me.. His cold water storage tank in his loft was overflowing out of the pipe to his back garden. Had to fit a new ball valve.
Old 31-01-2014, 04:57   #114
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I finally wallpapered the chimney breast wall in the living room. We bought the paper for it about 2 years ago. Same with the bedroom window-blinds, we bought them around the same time and fitted them on Tuesday.

I can't believe we're actually getting things done, be it little by little.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13   #115
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Replaced the tumble dryer vent cover. The slats cracked after 3 weeks of sub zero temperatures.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:21   #116
richard s
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Replaced the tumble dryer vent cover. The slats cracked after 3 weeks of sub zero temperatures.

Blimey were do you live Siberia.
Old 07-02-2014, 14:45   #117
richard s
Permanently Banned

Sorry the whole forum is a bit grayed out/feint... Oh Michigan USA...

I do not know what is worst freezing parts of USA or drowning parts of UK.
Old 08-02-2014, 14:38   #118
Osem
Inactive

Our badly sticking back door. My God it was a hard job opening it where the wood has swollen so much with all this wet weather. Haven't taken too much off as I'm hoping it'll dry out sometime before I reach pension age.
Old 21-02-2014, 18:09   #119
Osem
Inactive

Well I've finally 'fixed' our household TV setup. We now have 2 newly installed Freeview HD recorders working perfectly (tough wood ) and Mrs Osem is suitably delighted. I seem to have ironed out the previous annoying reception issues with better quality coaxial cable and today ran new cable under the floor to feed our main TV in the lounge and the smaller set in the spare room.

I must say I'm very happy with the Freeview HD boxes, they're a vast improvement over what we had before.
Old 21-02-2014, 18:35   #120
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Fixed a hanging basket that has a year-round display of sedums.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote