Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 13-07-2013, 10:43   #2611
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
19 days
Mummy Mummy can you get young Mr Stokes his dummy please.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:19   #2612
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mummy Mummy can you get young Mr Stokes his dummy please.
I dont need my dummy, i stopped having that a few months ago. Its potty training next your not getting worried now are you mr Den?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 11:22   #2613
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I dont need my dummy, i stopped having that a few months ago. Its potty training next your not getting worried now are you mr Den?
Yes l am getting a bit worried about you lately.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:24   #2614
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l am getting a bit worried about you lately.
No need to be worried about me, i am young
Old 14-07-2013, 14:13   #2615
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

More reason to worry then....
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 14:17   #2616
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
More reason to worry then....
Lol. Never

18 days
Old 14-07-2013, 18:30   #2617
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Being young is tougher than it was when I wasn't middle-aged....

The more I hear about BT sport the less I like.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 12:53   #2618
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Interview with Marc Watson, chief executive of TV at BT Retail:

http://www.techradar.com/news/intern...-sport-1165781

""What I'm hoping it will do is bring more customers into the market who want to watch this sport. Sky is doing one day for free. If [customers] want to watch this kind of sport going forward then there's only one company that's free all the time and that's us," says Watson."

This suggests BT Sports won't go into XL when it arrives on the Virgin platform.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 12:59   #2619
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Interview with Marc Watson, chief executive of TV at BT Retail:

http://www.techradar.com/news/intern...-sport-1165781

""What I'm hoping it will do is bring more customers into the market who want to watch this sport. Sky is doing one day for free. If [customers] want to watch this kind of sport going forward then there's only one company that's free all the time and that's us," says Watson."

This suggests BT Sports won't go into XL when it arrives on the Virgin platform.
You could also take the view that the statement is true as at the date it was conveyed. If a deal hasn't been done yet, or an agreement not yet signed, then the statement is correct even if we eventually get it on XL.

Incidentally, it is up to VM if they want to pay more for it and then offer it without extra charge (or reduced charge) to XL viewers.

It should not be forgotten that the BT deal is only for the first year. The VM arrangement will be for the length of the contract, so it could turn out to be better value than BT!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 13:49   #2620
Jameseh

Its £12 (£15 HD) or nothing for Virgin, I bet my house on it.
Old 16-07-2013, 13:52   #2621
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Its £12 (£15 HD) or nothing for Virgin, I bet my house on it.
Then just make sure you have the house keys at the ready just in case.
Old 16-07-2013, 19:40   #2622
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Ofcom getting tougher on BSkyB.

http://advanced-television.com/2013/...gher-on-bskyb/

Have we not heard it all before from a regulator who are as toothless as they come.
Old 17-07-2013, 12:25   #2623
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

The BBC has regained live terrestrial rights for the FA Cup from the start of the 2014-15 season as part of a joint agreement with BT.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...en-FA-Cup.html
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:26   #2624
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The BBC has regained live terrestrial rights for the FA Cup from the start of the 2014-15 season as part of a joint agreement with BT.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...en-FA-Cup.html
That good FA Cup coming back free in Scotland.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 15:06   #2625
mstirk
cf.member

mstirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a call from Virgin offering me a "free" upgrade to Tivo for one of my boxes and 100mb broadband (currently have V+ and a regular old non-hd V box and 60mb).

Was considering it but they wanted a 12month extension to my contract. Not doing that until I know the BT Sport situation*.

When I said that the guy (a call centre bod, unlikely to have much inside info I would imagine) said that they were in negotiations and he was "confident" it would be added. However when I repeated the "no extension until I know for sure" message he could not get off the phone quick enough.

So is this a (desperate) ploy from Virgin to get people tied in before the change over next month and a sign that it's not coming or is it just a regular call that I might have expected anyway due to my years of regular custom?

*Whilst I am a football watcher I want BT Sport for the Moto GP coverage and that alone is enough to make me consider changing providers if Virgin don't get it or my package if they do and there's a cost (e.g. bye bye Sky Sports).
mstirk is offline   Reply With Quote