Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 09-07-2013, 16:40   #2506
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Rio Ferdinand's testimonial to be shown live on BT Sport

BT Sport will air Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand's testimonial live via their television channels, as well as online streams.

The 34-year-old, who is a BT Sport ambassador, will lead a United side against Sevilla at Old Trafford on August 9, just a few days before the Red Devils mark the start of their campaign with a FA Community Shield clash against Wigan Athletic.

As well as broadcasting live, BT Sport have reached an agreement with Streamworks International to air the match to 170 countries via Riotestimonial.com.

"Manchester United is a unique club with fans in every corner of the globe so I am delighted that my testimonial is going to be so widely available to all of the club's supporters in so many countries," said Ferdinand.

"It is going to be a fantastic and fun evening and there will be famous sporting faces and celebrities popping up all over the place, so it should be an incredible night."

UK viewers will be able to watch the live stream for free.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...ial_92651.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2013, 16:43   #2507
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Rio Ferdinand's testimonial to be shown live on BT Sport

BT Sport will air Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand's testimonial live via their television channels, as well as online streams.

The 34-year-old, who is a BT Sport ambassador, will lead a United side against Sevilla at Old Trafford on August 9, just a few days before the Red Devils mark the start of their campaign with a FA Community Shield clash against Wigan Athletic.

As well as broadcasting live, BT Sport have reached an agreement with Streamworks International to air the match to 170 countries via Riotestimonial.com.

"Manchester United is a unique club with fans in every corner of the globe so I am delighted that my testimonial is going to be so widely available to all of the club's supporters in so many countries," said Ferdinand.

"It is going to be a fantastic and fun evening and there will be famous sporting faces and celebrities popping up all over the place, so it should be an incredible night."

UK viewers will be able to watch the live stream for free.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...ial_92651.html
Game is also listed as being on MUTV.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 17:18   #2508
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
BT Sport is on Freeview so people with BT Vision that can't get infinity can still watch.
So I wouldn`t be able to get a viewing card from BT and watch it on my freeview box or freeview tv then?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 17:22   #2509
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
So I wouldn`t be able to get a viewing card from BT and watch it on my freeview box or freeview tv then?
No, you have to have BT Vision and use a Vision+ box to get it on DTT.
Old 09-07-2013, 17:41   #2510
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
No, you have to have BT Vision and use a Vision+ box to get it on DTT.
Ok thanks was just wondering.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 18:24   #2511
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

When do SKY and BT announce their Premiership fixtures? I thought it was supposed to happen yesterday

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

BT confirm their opening SPL fixtures

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...res_92730.html

"The broadcaster, who will show a total of 30 games from the top flight, start their coverage with Dundee United's trip to Partick Thistle on August 7.

Other fixtures include Aberdeen against champions Celtic at Pittodrie Stadium on August 17 and Kilmarnock's home tie with Motherwell on August 31."
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 18:25   #2512
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Ah yes the Sky fixtures and those I won't be seeing as I won't be paying for BT even if VM get it...

Unless is for two quid on the XL package!!
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 19:18   #2513
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
When do SKY and BT announce their Premiership fixtures? I thought it was supposed to happen yesterday

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

BT confirm their opening SPL fixtures

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...res_92730.html

"The broadcaster, who will show a total of 30 games from the top flight, start their coverage with Dundee United's trip to Partick Thistle on August 7.

Other fixtures include Aberdeen against champions Celtic at Pittodrie Stadium on August 17 and Kilmarnock's home tie with Motherwell on August 31."
Dundee Utd vs partick..at this rate, I'll be paying Bt sport to take the channel off the air
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 19:20   #2514
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

It was fair enough as part of XL pack on ESPN but not worth extra at least not to me...
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:55   #2515
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Very possibly, but I'll probably settle for top half
Thats the funniest thing I've read on here for years
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 14:03   #2516
marko
cf.member

marko has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Very possibly, but I'll probably settle for top half
A man can dream. Frankly I'd accept one place and one goal above the relegation slots right now. Would be great to stay up longer than one season for once! In Ollie we trust, eh? COYP.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 00:24   #2517
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

BT to show Liverpool v Stoke on 1st weekend.

Sky Sports to show Chelsea V Hull and Swansea V Man Utd on the weekend of August 17th to August 18th.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ce=twitterfeed
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:33   #2518
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BT to show Liverpool v Stoke on 1st weekend.

Sky Sports to show Chelsea V Hull and Swansea V Man Utd on the weekend of August 17th to August 18th.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ce=twitterfeed
Oh..so BT are only to be showing the little teams.

No matter, sometimes amusing to watch some of these teams struggle
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50   #2519
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I honestly feel this will end up biting BT on the arse

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56   #2520
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

What? Sky have managed to get the first Mourinho match and the first Moyes match? What a surprise.