Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 07-07-2013, 12:08   #2476
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Even if BT gets them, they will still be on Sky. BT sports is on Sky tv
Nope, it's BT's channel. You pay BT for the channel and Sky are pimping out space on their EPG just to keep customers. You get it VIA Sky, not on Sky.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2013, 12:29   #2477
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Nope, it's BT's channel. You pay BT for the channel and Sky are pimping out space on their EPG just to keep customers. You get it VIA Sky, not on Sky.
Nope..read what you said
"Like I said previous, utd v Liverpool and arsenal v Chelsea will be on sky not BT."

i said it would be on sky, even if BT sports gets first pick.

Because BT sports channel is on sky
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 13:38   #2478
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky and BT scrap over pick of the TV games

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...s-8692765.html
Speaking for myself I don`t care which channel the football is on as long as I have the channel. The so called scrap between sky sports and bt sports over who has the top games is down to attracting advertising revenue and subsribers. If like me you have both channels then the only thing to `worry` about is whether the games you tune into will be entertaining,and we all know the so called big games can often turn out to be `turkeys`!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 13:40   #2479
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Speaking for myself I don`t care which channel the football is on as long as I have the channel. The so called scrap between sky sports and bt sports over who has the top games is down to attracting advertising revenue and subsribers. If like me you have both channels then the only thing to `worry` about is whether the games you tune into will be entertaining,and we all know the so called big games can often turn out to be `turkeys`!
True...but this year, i am hoping for lots of drama. High hopes
Old 07-07-2013, 14:00   #2480
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
True...but this year, i am hoping for lots of drama. High hopes
And Pellegrini better deliver for you or he will go the same way as the dodo.
Old 07-07-2013, 14:19   #2481
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
And Pellegrini better deliver for you or he will go the same way as the dodo.
Would that not be the same for all managers? Why pelligrini?

Brenden Rogers? Finishes top 8? (which most would think liverpool are capable of)

Bad season for Man Utd..Moyes won't be under pressure?

etc etc
Old 07-07-2013, 14:37   #2482
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Brenden Rogers? Finishes top 8? (which most would think liverpool are capable of)

etc etc
Calm down dear as its nothing more then a bit of banter.
Old 07-07-2013, 14:38   #2483
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Calm down dear as its nothing more then a bit of banter.
My point was that the season is exciting, because of all the change.

I try not to be specific, unless it is warranted
Old 07-07-2013, 14:41   #2484
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
My point was that the season is exciting, because of all the change.

I try not to be specific, unless it is warranted
Yes it will certainly be interesting and could we have a surprise team get into the top 6.
Old 07-07-2013, 14:45   #2485
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes it will certainly be interesting and could we have a surprise team get into the top 6.
Next season we will see the revival of the mighty Arsenal!
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 14:49   #2486
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Yes with the right signings but alas so far this transfer window Arsenal have done sod all again apart from the signing of a younger player.
Old 07-07-2013, 15:02   #2487
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Yes, if they get a few decent signings. They are about three players from a reasonable side.

But i guess you could say that about all the top 5 or 6
Old 07-07-2013, 15:36   #2488
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:

etc etc
Not all managers! (I reckon Ollie is safe for a while yet).
Old 07-07-2013, 15:50   #2489
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I hope Manuel Pellegrini does it for City this year, i'm pretty sure he'll have them playing with style.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 17:00   #2490
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nope..read what you said
"Like I said previous, utd v Liverpool and arsenal v Chelsea will be on sky not BT."

i said it would be on sky, even if BT sports gets first pick.

Because BT sports channel is on sky
I was not commenting on the games.

Again, it's on Sky's EPG via BT. You cannot get it on a Sky TV deal alone. It's splitting hairs I know, but there we are.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Quote:
I think so, all they have needed recently is a better start to the season. Lets not rule out Spurs either, if they get a couple of strikers they will be a real force. That said, Paulinho's arrival should allow Bale to play off the striker up front and cause havoc!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote