Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 30-05-2004, 16:26   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
TV Show Snippets & General Information

A few bits of information I have picked up today

Enterprise - S4 confirmed - but will be the last unless viewing figures improve.

Andromeda - S5 should have started filming on May 25th.

Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.

Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.

Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.

Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.

Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.

Dead Like Me - Series 2 is in production for (I think) the Autumn.

Charmed - Rumoured that Season 8 will be the last, not bad considering that S7 hasn't launched yet !.

On a side note - Both incarnations of one of my favourite baddies - "The "Master" from Dr Who - are now deceased. Roger Delgado (the original) died in the early 1970's - His replacement (Anthony Ainsley) passed away a few weeks ago - he was 71.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2004, 16:31   #2
homealone

Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

All very good news, except 'Dead like Me', which I never got into and the news about 'The Master'. Thanks Pem
Old 30-05-2004, 16:41   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.
Old 30-05-2004, 16:51   #4
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

I'm looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series. I never liked the original, but the new pilot film was very good. I especially like the new blonde Cylon
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 17:06   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!! Ahem,

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276447/
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 17:08   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Filming was due to start this month but none of my sources can confirm if it actually has. See Red Dwarf: The Movie

Old 30-05-2004, 17:32   #7
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

and I'm glad they went with Chloe Annett, rather than Clare Grogan, for Kochanski.
Old 30-05-2004, 18:06   #8
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky

Thats not really supprising, he played holly for the last series aswel plus he was the original incarnation of holly (default if you will) Ive heard this movie will ignore everything that has happened to the dwarfers during the series and will kinda be in a timeline of its own (I think its mostly so that people who havent seen Red Dwarf will know whats going on) so Holly owuld have never met Hilly and as such wouldnt have changed his appearance in memory of her. Apparently it will deal with the radiation leak, listers 3million years in stasis, thier return home and the destruction of the Dwarf all in the one movie (Would have liked for there to have been some continuity from the series but I dont see how they could have done with the situation in the last episode).

BTW does anybody have any info for what they planned for a conclusion to series 8? I heard that supposedly Ace Rimmer Saves Rimmer from the disolving Red Dwarf and reunites him with the other dwarfers who have jumped to another dimension through the quantumn mirror but I never heard anything else about it.

Quote:
Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.
I heard that since Buffy finished last May and now that Angel has finished Joss Weldon has a lot of free time and was hoping to do a revival of Firefly, a movie seems as good a way as any

Quote:
Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.
You do realise that after hearing this I will be shouting exterminate in a screachy voice at everybody in the pub later dont you??
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are? are they those brain thingies that created the Daleks? (I dont even know if what I just said is right, I think it is )

Quote:
Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.
I hope so, I wonder if they will deal With Steven Franklin (Rich Biggs) death in anyway?
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 18:58   #9
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Battlestar Galatica
Old 30-05-2004, 19:06   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are?
http://www.wilson203.freeserve.co.uk...TheAutons.html

Old 30-05-2004, 19:27   #11
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I saw a new design for the Dalek in an old Dr Who magazine - I hope they go with an updated Dalek.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 21:09   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie.

Old 09-06-2004, 21:17   #13
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie.
A mate of mine was talkin about that series a short while ago. Appariently it is gonna be a Botta Fett/Bounty Hunter tipe gig.

I think.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:26   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.
Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.
Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

Old 01-10-2004, 01:30   #15
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

Yeah - I just ordered a load of discs for my dvd recorder

p.s. Don't forget the Galactica film will be on before the series starts (for those that haven't seen it ) the 14th i think...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote