Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 20-06-2019, 19:14   #9211
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I thought the WWE deal with BT was revealed a month or two back?
I am pretty sure it was.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2019, 16:58   #9212
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

WWE moving to BT Sport was an news paper rumour until Thursday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 20:35   #9213
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Emphatically............NO!!!!
I didnt know this was a sport thread? I thought it was for bt sport and sky sport news information? WWE is launching on BT so it counts surely?

I'm fairly sure ITV have signed a deal for AEW by now so WWE can't reach out to them. What BT sport get with this is a ton of live tv and all the other shows as well which will fill out their channels throughout the day. For Sky sports yet more rights they've lost which is becoming a downward trend whilst their prices are trending up still....

Any news on Serie A rights in the UK? I hope premier sports don't keep it
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 20:43   #9214
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Google says Serie A rights in the UK is on Premier Sports until 2021.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 23:03   #9215
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Google says Serie A rights in the UK is on Premier Sports until 2021.
oh damn it. They'll go from viewing figures of thousands to hundreds on Premier Sport. I thought Premier sport only got the rights temporarily till the end of the season? Oh well. Annoying
Old 24-06-2019, 00:41   #9216
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
oh damn it. They'll go from viewing figures of thousands to hundreds on Premier Sport. I thought Premier sport only got the rights temporarily till the end of the season? Oh well. Annoying
Premier Sports have been regularly putting Serie A matches on FreeSports, you are not totally missing out.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 17:19   #9217
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Record-breaking peak of 6.9m watch England beat Cameroon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48743780
Old 24-06-2019, 17:29   #9218
reddog
cf.member

reddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's La Liga that they (and ITV4) had the temporary rights for.

Last edited by reddog; 24-06-2019 at 17:30. Reason: Change ITV to ITV4
reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 11:54   #9219
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Another Record-breaking peak of 7.6m watch England beat Norway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48798721
Old 29-06-2019, 14:11   #9220
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Another Record-breaking peak of 7.6m watch England beat Norway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48798721
That'll be the housework left undone then..............
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 14:35   #9221
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That'll be the housework left undone then..............
Oh l don't know in this modern age quite a few men do the housework MM.
Old 30-06-2019, 11:25   #9222
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

In the UK WWE is Sport - in the US it is Sports Entertainment.

WWE is really struggling for an audiance at present - their last PPV could only attract an in-house audience of less than 6000 and it seems nearly half those were given tickets to make up the numbers. Areas of the area had screens put up to hide the empty seats.

AEW on the otherhand sold out their August PPV in 15 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky decided "this just isn't worth the money anymore". Raw and Smackdown are the flagship shows and those watching have a very good idea how each part will end up as they have no decent script writers.

It looks like ITV are the winner out of the last Pro Wrestling deals.

Quote:
I didnt know this was a sport thread? I thought it was for bt sport and sky sport news information? WWE is launching on BT so it counts surely?

I'm fairly sure ITV have signed a deal for AEW by now so WWE can't reach out to them. What BT sport get with this is a ton of live tv and all the other shows as well which will fill out their channels throughout the day. For Sky sports yet more rights they've lost which is becoming a downward trend whilst their prices are trending up still....

ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 12:11   #9223
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
In the UK WWE is Sport - in the US it is Sports Entertainment.

WWE is really struggling for an audiance at present - their last PPV could only attract an in-house audience of less than 6000 and it seems nearly half those were given tickets to make up the numbers. Areas of the area had screens put up to hide the empty seats.

AEW on the otherhand sold out their August PPV in 15 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky decided "this just isn't worth the money anymore". Raw and Smackdown are the flagship shows and those watching have a very good idea how each part will end up as they have no decent script writers.

It looks like ITV are the winner out of the last Pro Wrestling deals.
I think with WWE you get a ton of shows to fill your many channels. That was the benefit of having wwe.

- raw which you can repeat throughout the week
- smackdown
- main event
- specials
- weekly reviews
- catch up and on demand

Its a lot of programming and sky have lost an awful lot recently. Will they have enough stuff to fill up all their channels? The other good thing about wwe is it had no off season unlike majority of sky sports programming.

I'm not sure if ITV have landed gold with AEW. The ppv last night was a bit of a mess which i'm not sure will connect with the casual viewer. Also lots of empty seats at the AEW event even though they stated they had sold out. Bit concerning they couldnt fill up the arena for their second ever show. Think its a bit too early to big up AEW at this point
Old 30-06-2019, 12:18   #9224
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I understand the current audiance for the live Monday night show in the US is just over 2million.

BBC/ITV would be disappointed with that in the UK for a live prime time show.

Too much programming - too little script variation.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 16:07   #9225
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I understand the current audiance for the live Monday night show in the US is just over 2million.

BBC/ITV would be disappointed with that in the UK for a live prime time show.

Too much programming - too little script variation.
Sport doesn't have script writers, hence wrestling should never be described as sport it should be entertainment
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote