Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2012, 17:32   #2581
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Anybody can launch something carl,But without backing what good is it ??????????????
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2012, 17:32   #2582
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
personally would rather have had new channels than upping broadband speeds carl !!!!!!!!!
Good point

Quote:
Agree carl nothing was announced,But thought we would have seen something to justify the tv+tivo price increase.
And you have... broadband speed is to double.

Quote:
Glasses wipe carl please
Yeah. They can be a bugger to keep clean

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Quote:
Anybody can launch something carl,But without backing what good is it ??????????????
Huh? The "backing" of channels is for the owners of said channels to do; not VM. All they have to do is get them on their service if they can.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:34   #2583
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Cable TV was hacked also in the early years before VM changed it.... hmmm

Just sayin'
I've often wondered about that too tbh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
This is not the news that many Virgin TV customers wanted to hear and l myself expected several channels to arrive before April price rises but alas that does not seem to be the case now but l do say one thing and that whoever devised the strategy of bringing us price rises in the next week without delivering extra channels needs to be locked up in the Tower of London and the keys needs to be thrown away as if ever a own goal was scored then they have well and truly put it into their own net big time.
Even die hard Virgin Media supporters like myself are now having their patience tested. I was poised to get Tivo before the price rise, but, with channels decreasing instead of increasing, I am now seriously considering getting a Freeview or Freesat PVR. Do combinations of both exist?
Old 27-03-2012, 17:36   #2584
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Okay. Done that. Still don't get it Channels will launch when they can. I don't count the speculation in this or any other thread or forum as anything like official and anyone who does is an idiot. Therefore VM have not officially announced any new channels via a Press Release, so again, how is this "bad PR"?
We aint idiots were customers wanting to see some justication for tv and tivo increase

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Quote:
Good point

And you have... broadband speed is to double.

Yeah. They can be a bugger to keep clean

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Huh? The "backing" of channels is for the owners of said channels to do; not VM. All they have to do is get them on their service if they can.
seem to remember broadband was being doubled for free when first advertised carl,Are you now saying it hasn`t?
The murdoch`s must have provided the advertising lol
Old 27-03-2012, 17:38   #2585
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Erm... broadband speeds are being doubled!!

Quote:
seem to remember broadband was being doubled for free when first advertised carl,Are you now saying it hasn`t?
Correct.

Incidentally, the cost of fuel's at an all-time high and the cost of postage stamps is also increasing dramatically. Yet you're not getting any more for your money in either of those circumstances. So why expect it from VM?
Old 27-03-2012, 17:39   #2586
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Okay. Done that. Still don't get it Channels will launch when they can. I don't count the speculation in this or any other thread or forum as anything like official and anyone who does is an idiot. Therefore VM have not officially announced any new channels via a Press Release, so again, how is this "bad PR"?
Stop nit picking Carl you know full well what everyone is on about.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:41   #2587
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
That one bit of unsubstantiated information is apparently untrue based on another bit of unsubstantiated information

Or am I missing something there?
Old 27-03-2012, 17:44   #2588
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Nope. That's pretty-much it, Ben.

Some people complaining that no channels have arrived in April despite no channels being officially announced as arriving in April.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:44   #2589
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Erm... broadband speeds are being doubled!!

Correct.

Incidentally, the cost of fuel's at an all-time high and the cost of postage stamps is also increasing dramatically. Yet you're not getting any more for your money in either of those circumstances. So why expect it from VM?
Clearly vm cant do no wrong in your eyes,Hopefully everyone doesn`t share your views otherwise prices will continue to rise channels will decrease and tivo will be no better than a expensive monthly charged betamax
Old 27-03-2012, 17:50   #2590
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Clearly vm cant do no wrong in your eyes.
Not at all. Where did I ever say, or even imply, that.

The point is that there is enough wrong with VM's services* to complain about without complaining that no new channels have been launched despite the fact that no such launches have been announced.

(*eg Call charges, broadband issues in some areas)
Old 27-03-2012, 17:52   #2591
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Guys lets chill a little.

@ alwaysabear, Carl is right about you PR comment as Virgin media have not made a public relations blunder by not launcing channels they didn't say they were launching. However, you are right that lack of movement in this area is harming their image.

Technically the price increase is something that happens every year so you can't expect them to offer something to make it palpetable, although it would be nice. In all honesty I actually feel the extra BB speed is worth more than a new channel so if you care about that then you really are getting better value for money.

Does anyone hear know anything about the restructuring of the bundle deals that will lable the VIP package the Premier package?
Old 27-03-2012, 17:53   #2592
carmad
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Tivo 1TB/Vivid200
carmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Well l have only a water gun at my disposal and you cannot start World War III with that.
I have only got a big stick!!!!
Old 27-03-2012, 18:11   #2593
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hopefully everyone doesn`t share your views otherwise prices will continue to rise channels will decrease and tivo will be no better than a expensive monthly charged betamax
Couldn't agree more as a non VM TV customer there's currently nothing on the VM TV offering that appeals to me with the exception of ESPN included in XL , while TIVO is a great piece of kit for me it still doesn't mask over the many missing HD channels , the lack of decent mobile apps and for me the equivalent VM services would increase my monthly costs. It's down to personal preference many choose VM for the fibre optic BB and TIVO functionality , I guess it's horses for courses.
Old 27-03-2012, 18:18   #2594
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

this is NOT good news Youview looks like it will launch on May 14th, i suspect if they can add quite a few pay channels to that platform that VM and Sky could be in a spot of bother. I certainly hope so anyway. Not happy about the cost increases and getting nothing for it, no 60mb for me until july ATLEAST and i don't even need 60mb.
Old 27-03-2012, 18:23   #2595
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
l only go by what l hear from insiders now whether this is true or not has nothing to do with me but if people want a punchbag to hit then feel free to land a blow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I think you are not the only one they will go after on this one.
I don't see why anyone should go after anyone.

You guys post the information you get in good faith and if it doesn't happen, well, it's not the end of the world. Info from Iniders can never be 100% relied upon, so those who think it can are delusional.
Closed Thread