Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 27-06-2019, 09:35   #1156
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can't tell what this is, maybe a disguised new service rather than a move within the network, but there are new HD streams on multiplex/stream alongside Premier Sports 2 HD now.

One is an HD stream and the screengrab has a VM Love logo from its promo reel.
The other is an HD stream with a Sky Cinema logo on its screengrab.

Showing on Tsid13/C047 on Digital Bit Rate website.
*Drumroll*

I can now reveal the mystery 2 HD channels to be....Virgin TV Highlights...twice!

Well that was worthwhile...

They've actually labelled them this, I'm not just going by screengrabs.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2019, 13:37   #1157
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Home is to be replaced by a UK version of Home and Garden TV (HGTV). No further details available as yet.

This is the first change since the UKTV split.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 17:27   #1158
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

This already launched in Germany a few weeks ago, so Discovery is clearly rolling this channel out across its other markets.

And talking of Home and Garden, Britbox is launching its own version too:

https://www.c21media.net/britbox-pre...toral-channel/
Old 27-06-2019, 17:55   #1159
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The Personal Picks one again makes interesting omissions. The Comcast owned channels all only have their SD versions included. I've said it before, but this suggests (to me, it's just my interpretation) that negotiations between VM and Comcast companies are going to include HD swaps.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Having said that, I just looked at the Channel Guides and the use (or not) of the + in columns suggests I may be wrong, and the Comcast companies are just doing things differently.
Yes it's currently the latter, all of Comcast's HD variants (Sky One HD, Sky Witness HD, Sky Arts HD, Sky News HD, Sky Sports News HD, Sky Sports Mix HD, Universal HD and SYFY HD) are included in the Maxit package not the Personal Picks, but that might change in the future.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 20:42   #1160
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Sony Crime channel is dropping it's drama content from it's schedule from 1/7/19:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/06/sony...s-channel.html

Viewing figures for Sony Crime channel have been very low since launch, maybe Sony are gearing up for another channel closure??

Channel 5 have reached agreement with Pluto TV to stream three of their channels on it's my5 online service:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/06/my5-...-channels.html
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 23:45   #1161
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sony Crime channel is dropping it's drama content from it's schedule from 1/7/19:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/06/sony...s-channel.html

Viewing figures for Sony Crime channel have been very low since launch, maybe Sony are gearing up for another channel closure??

Channel 5 have reached agreement with Pluto TV to stream three of their channels on it's my5 online service:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/06/my5-...-channels.html
Given Sony had several very similar crime channels it's basically a consolidation and almost could be argued it is basically True Crime with Sony branding once the drama is gone. Sony should never have change Sony Entertainment Television into Sony Crime. It was a much better channel when they had sitcoms, dramas and films a few years back.

Pluto was bought by Channel 5's parent company recently so it seems fairly logical.
Old 29-06-2019, 10:35   #1162
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Given Sony had several very similar crime channels it's basically a consolidation and almost could be argued it is basically True Crime with Sony branding once the drama is gone. Sony should never have change Sony Entertainment Television into Sony Crime. It was a much better channel when they had sitcoms, dramas and films a few years back.

Pluto was bought by Channel 5's parent company recently so it seems fairly logical.
I used to watch several programmes on Sony Channel, but I've never watched anything on Sony Crime Channel, I said it was a mistake at the time and now they realise it.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 10:58   #1163
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Found this video with a guy separating the 2 halves of the V6 box (which I am not condoning).
Essentially its is 2 boxes in one!, the top half appears to be very similar to Liberty's Horizon 4 box which would connect to the cloud for recorded content and the bottom connected half only contains the hard drive for use by current UK V6 customers.
Watch from 2min 10 secs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isteKO4zxI
That's quite interesting. I'm guessing if cloud recording never happens, this would be a quick fix for Virgin to upgrade the storage in the V6 without totally taking it to bits. If the HD prices drop even more, book an appointment, engineer turns up with larger HD already fitted in the bottom half and job done in 10 mins.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 12:35   #1164
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Sony is a interesting one. They are a major producer of content, including many British shows, yet their streaming service Crackle failed to take off in the UK when they launched and it was closed five years ago.

If and when each media company keeps its own content for its own streaming services and channels, I expect we'll hear a lot more from Sony again in the future, especially when, as I expect, they merge with some other media company.
Old 29-06-2019, 15:23   #1165
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Sony is a interesting one. They are a major producer of content, including many British shows, yet their streaming service Crackle failed to take off in the UK when they launched and it was closed five years ago.

If and when each media company keeps its own content for its own streaming services and channels, I expect we'll hear a lot more from Sony again in the future, especially when, as I expect, they merge with some other media company.
Sony had a UK Animé on-demand service that closed a year or two ago. I don't recall Crackle launching over here.

Maybe Sony will end up being a major supplier to the likes of Netflix when all the other suppliers launch their own services and withdraw their content to fill them. There will be a content gap to fill once the others remove shows. The likes of Netflix will want more content from those that aren't big enough to have their own service, they can't produce it all themselves.
Old 29-06-2019, 21:53   #1166
locutus1974
cf.member

Services: virginmedia TV XL,1 tb tivo, v box in another room, Phone Large, BB large (30) pay as u go mobil
locutus1974 is on a distinguished roadlocutus1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi all long time since I have posted or kept up to date. Just wondering if there is any new information about any impact that the disney purchase of Fox has on the Sky Channel deals? From what I have read Comcast are the new owners of Sky? Sorry if it has been discussed before or elsewhere in this thread
locutus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 13:02   #1167
esdxc37
cf.addict

esdxc37 will become famous soon enoughesdxc37 will become famous soon enoughesdxc37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus1974 View Post
Hi all long time since I have posted or kept up to date. Just wondering if there is any new information about any impact that the disney purchase of Fox has on the Sky Channel deals? From what I have read Comcast are the new owners of Sky? Sorry if it has been discussed before or elsewhere in this thread

The immediate impact looking at now tv film channel is that Disney cartoon films are only available to watch till September this year.
esdxc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 16:22   #1168
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

I received a value statement in the post from for Virgin yesterday it's mentions sport in July and BT Sport 4K UHD being on channel 555

EPG change coming next month?
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 16:41   #1169
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
I received a value statement in the post from for Virgin yesterday it's mentions sport in July and BT Sport 4K UHD being on channel 555

BT Sport 4K did launch on Channel 555 before being moved to Channel 532 on December 4th 2018.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 16:49   #1170
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
No, just out of date information. It used to be on 555
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote