Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 29-10-2019, 02:02   #2146
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Pluto is free with adverts.
There's some good stuff on there if you hunt it out.
I use pluto both uk n usa versions, vm will add this free service and will charge for it mark my words on that.
Xumio is another decent service too, usa only at moment but going global next year also stirr.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2019, 07:55   #2147
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I won't pay for Pluto when I can watch it for free on the Nvidea Shield.
Old 29-10-2019, 08:01   #2148
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I won't pay for Pluto when I can watch it for free on the Nvidea Shield.
Pluto does not charge on any of the platforms I have seen.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 10:21   #2149
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I use pluto both uk n usa versions, vm will add this free service and will charge for it mark my words on that.
The whole ethos of Pluto TV is that it's Free TV. Viacom wouldn't allow VM to charge for it.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 11:22   #2150
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

There must be another channel reshuffle on the way on 5th November. PBS America have just tweeted the following

Quote:
We're on the move for our Virgin Media viewers!

As of Tuesday 5th November, PBS America can be found on @virginmedia 273.

Our channel numbers for Freeview, Freesat and Sky will remain the same.

See you there!
https://twitter.com/PBSAmerica/statu...10624812294144

Given that's History2 HD currently there must be a bigger change on the way.

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Currently EPG is
271 History+1
273 History2 HD
276 PBS America
277 Forces TV

So they could have just moved up to 274, since 274/275 are empty. Either PBS said wrong number, or channels above them are also moving.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

It could be as simple as History2 is moving up one to 272, which is empty, and then everything below is moving up.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

I've just scrolled along the EPG to 5th November mentioned in tweet.

LoveNature HD is moving to 275 on that date according to programme data on the 294 which was vacated today.

Given this means PBS will be on 273 and LoveNature on 275 I'd guess it's likely another channel will be moving to 274.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 19:35   #2151
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Maybe, just maybe, it might be

271. History+1
272. History 2HD
273. PBS America
274. Smithsonian HD
275. Love Nature HD
276. Forces TV???
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 21:39   #2152
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it might be

271. History+1
272. History 2HD
273. PBS America
274. Smithsonian HD
275. Love Nature HD
276. Forces TV???
Close to what I was thinking. They tend not to like changing order of broadcasters though to keep them on-side, so it's more likely ForcesTV will be 274 and Smithsonian on 276.
Old 29-10-2019, 23:01   #2153
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Close to what I was thinking. They tend not to like changing order of broadcasters though to keep them on-side, so it's more likely ForcesTV will be 274 and Smithsonian on 276.
Look like only some channels are moving (Not Discovery Channels) so you may be on the ball with this one.

270. History HD
271. History +1
272. History 2 HD (Not Confirmed)
273. PBS America (PBS Confirmed)
274. Forces TV (Not Confirmed)
275. Love Nature HD (Confirmed by Virgin Media)
276. Smithsonian Channel HD (Not Confirmed)

TiVo says the following channels is Lifestyle Channels

287. God Channel
298. H&C

But as of October 28th the following Documentaries Channels Love Nature HD and Smithsonian Channel HD has been given channels for use for Lifestyle Channels (Channels 278 to 299).

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I'm sure someone posted that Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too and Nicktoons were being added to the Mix pack, has anyone got a link to where this has been confirmed by VM?
From November 1st.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 07:17   #2154
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Xumio is another decent service too, usa only at moment but going global next year also stirr.
I'm not sure why you say that, but we'll see. I am pretty sure they won't charge extra for Pluto on their premium packs.
Old 30-10-2019, 09:55   #2155
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
From November 1st.
Source?
Old 30-10-2019, 10:33   #2156
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media Preparing New Horizon Software for UK v6 TV Box

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...v6-tv-box.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 12:10   #2157
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Source?
DS Forum was reporting on October 13th:

Quote:
DS is reporting that "4 Nickelodeon channels will be included in the Mix package as of 1st November"

Source: DS Forum and DXRulz.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment_94764331

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin Media Preparing New Horizon Software for UK v6 TV Box

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...v6-tv-box.html
Our Sources are working on this story to give us an idea of any launch date.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
More new linear channels coming soon to Virgin Media, complements of the Pluto TV streaming service!

91 Pluto TV Science
92 Pluto TV History
93 21 Jump Street
94 Pluto TV Paranormal
95 Degrassi
96 Inspector Gadget
100 Pluto TV Movies
102 Pluto TV Retro Movies
105 Pluto TV Indies
110 Pluto TV Romance
115 The Asylum
200 Pluto TV Drama
205 Pluto TV Retro Drama
210 Hunter
300 Pluto TV Reality
302 Ice Pilots
305 Fear Factor
400 Pluto TV Crime
405 Forensic Files
408 FBI Files
410 Unsolved Mysteries
420 Ghost Dimension
421 Pluto TV Conspiracy
425 Pluto TV Explore
426 Pluto TV Animals
430 Voyager Documentaries
432 Pluto TV Biography
435 Pluto TV Inside
445 Fifth Gear
470 My5 Crime
475 My5 Documentaries
480 My5 GPs Behind Closed Doors
502 Pluto TV Food
505 Gusto TV
510 Worst Cooks In America
515 Homes under the Hammer
520 Pluto TV Weddings
600 Pluto TV Sports
605 Pluto TV Action Sports
606 Pluto TV Surf
610 Pluto TV Fight
615 Glory Kickboxing
620 World Poker Tour
800 IGN Walkthrough
805 Minecraft TV
900 Pluto TV Comedy
902 Pluto TV Stand Up
903 Pluto TV Classic TV
905 Rifftrax
910 MST3K
915 Failarmy
920 The Pet Collective
1000 Pluto TV Kids
1005 Pluto TV Kids Learning
1010 Pluto TV Retro Toons
1015 Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds

By the way, the channel nos are Pluto numbers, not Virgin EPG numbers (calm down, Media Boy!).
515 Homes under the Hammer?

FYI: Homes under the Hammer is make by All3Media who is own by Liberty Global and Discovery Inc.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 19:23   #2158
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
DS Forum was reporting on October 13th:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...mment_94764331

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Hmmm.

The new Channel Guide for November doesn't show any changes to the packages that the channels are included in...

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...vember2019.pdf

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...November19.pdf
Old 31-10-2019, 08:43   #2159
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

It's looking increasingly likely that Sony Crime will be the next channel to close.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/10/anot...ony-crime.html
Old 31-10-2019, 14:36   #2160
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

There are pop-ups now showing regarding moves on 5th November.

PBS America moving to 273
Forces TV moving to 274
LoveNature moving to 275
Smithsonian moving to 276

Oddly not one currently on History2 HD, which must be moving as it's currently on 273.