Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2015, 00:17   #1831
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yeah Canadian is cheapest, i used Canada location for my sign up to Netflix getting the 2 screen+hd one for £4.25p/m give and take exchange rates
Had an issue with signing into Xbox live earlier after changing the DNS although it did work at first. Got it working again by using my normal DNS then putting the new DNS back in.

I hope it doesn't do this all the time.

1 question, do I need to be logged into their website on my PC for this to stay working 24/7?
Old 22-07-2015, 00:26   #1832
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Nope, that just sets the destination.
Old 22-07-2015, 00:34   #1833
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Had an issue with signing into Xbox live earlier after changing the DNS although it did work at first. Got it working again by using my normal DNS then putting the new DNS back in.

I hope it doesn't do this all the time.

1 question, do I need to be logged into their website on my PC for this to stay working 24/7?
You may need to log in to unblock-us just to verify your ip address every now and again depends when vm change it or if you reboot your router etc, plusnet change mine once a week if that unless i reboot the router myself.
But you don't have to leave yourself logged in 24/7 once you confirm your ip if needed or changed your region you can log out of their website.
Old 22-07-2015, 00:35   #1834
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Nope, that just sets the destination.
Any idea why it stopped working on the Xbox One after I saw it working at first?

I never got the 3 green boxes on my PC as I never wanted to change it on that, maybe I need to change it also?
Old 22-07-2015, 01:04   #1835
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Any idea why it stopped working on the Xbox One after I saw it working at first?

I never got the 3 green boxes on my PC as I never wanted to change it on that, maybe I need to change it also?
I think you will have too put the dns into your pc too so unblock can see your ip.
I have my smart dns set up in my router directly, plusnet allow me to use my own router on their network.
You can use your own router with virgin too you put superhub in modem mode then connect your own router too it if i remember right, however only set it up on the router if you are confident and know what you're doing.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:44   #1836
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I think you will have too put the dns into your pc too so unblock can see your ip.
I have my smart dns set up in my router directly, plusnet allow me to use my own router on their network.
You can use your own router with virgin too you put superhub in modem mode then connect your own router too it if i remember right, however only set it up on the router if you are confident and know what you're doing.
The DNS change was still working on the Xbox this morning luckily.

If i set it up on the PC will it make my browsing faster as not using Virgins and will it make my downloads slower?
Old 22-07-2015, 10:03   #1837
cimt

Nope, all it does is makes it look like your location is a different country.
Old 22-07-2015, 12:21   #1838
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
If i set it up on the PC will it make my browsing faster as not using Virgins and will it make my downloads slower?
Unblock us only works with sites they choose to make it work with (Netflix etc.) All other sites don't have any interaction with Unblockus.

If any device isn't working properly, first thing to do is to quit the app and then go to Ublockus site, click on check service status and then restart the app on the device.
Old 22-07-2015, 12:35   #1839
cimt

Make sure you turn the app off before quitting it though.
Old 22-07-2015, 19:40   #1840
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

You don't even have to bother with the site, just download the mobile app, you don't need to change DNS settings on you phone either (you will get a error to say there is a problem with configuration) and you can simply select what country you want. Quite the app start Netflix on desired device and job done.
Old 22-07-2015, 20:13   #1841
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
You don't even have to bother with the site, just download the mobile app, you don't need to change DNS settings on you phone either (you will get a error to say there is a problem with configuration) and you can simply select what country you want. Quite the app start Netflix on desired device and job done.
A bit confused with this, what has this got to do with changing the DNS on the Xbox One?

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Looks like it has stopped working on the X1 again, maybe i should verify my Windows 10 pc and change the DNS on that too like support suggested as they said they do ip checks.
Old 23-07-2015, 19:16   #1842
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
A bit confused with this, what has this got to do with changing the DNS on the Xbox One?

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Looks like it has stopped working on the X1 again, maybe i should verify my Windows 10 pc and change the DNS on that too like support suggested as they said they do ip checks.
It is a more convenient way of switching regions so you don't need to use your PC, only the device that you intent to watch needs to have your DNS changed.
Old 23-07-2015, 19:31   #1843
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Watch BBC, iTV, and 35+ more UK channels for Free with new Mediahhh app:

http://www.aftvnews.com/watch-bbc-it...app/#more-8009
Old 23-07-2015, 19:34   #1844
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

David Duchovny's US thriller Aquarius is coming to Sky Atlantic

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...-atlantic.html
Old 23-07-2015, 20:25   #1845
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
David Duchovny's US thriller Aquarius is coming to Sky Atlantic

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...-atlantic.html
You can watch it on the NBC.com website quite freely, you'll need Hola, Zenmate or similar.

http://www.nbc.com/aquarius/episodes
Closed Thread