Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Red Bull Stratos - a jump from 120,000 feet above earth

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Tesco Digilogic DRW2 DVD Recorder

Old 23-02-2007, 11:44   #1
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Tesco Digilogic DRW2 DVD Recorder

Anyone got one a Digilogic DRW2 DVD Recorder?

URL is http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-2558...t.y%3d369.aspx

I set one up yesterday for my girlfriends sister and it seemed a very well built unit with good connectivity. It also appears to have a good menu system. Thats where my experience ends, as I was on my dinner break at the time and had to go back to work.

If I get favourable feedback I may get one myself.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2007, 13:13   #2
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tesco Digilogic DRW2 DVD Recorder

Just got one myself, not had chance to read the manual though.
I agree it seems to be good quality and if the auto setup is anything to go by then it should be OK
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 13:26   #3
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Only thing that I couldn't seem to do is find any RF output from the DVD recorder when I tried to use the TV's auto tune, not really needed as the telly and recorder are connected via SCART, but it did raise the question of whether the box outputs it's own signal via RF or not.
Old 23-02-2007, 13:26   #4
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop101 View Post
Just got one myself, not had chance to read the manual though.
I agree it seems to be good quality and if the auto setup is anything to go by then it should be OK

Looking at it now, can't find much info on playback formats, is it divx capable ?
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 13:29   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
Looking at it now, can't find much info on playback formats, is it divx capable ?
Nope unfortunatly...
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 13:37   #6
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Thats a shame, thanks for the info
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 14:57   #7
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
Only thing that I couldn't seem to do is tune find any RF output from the DVD recorder when I tried to use the TV's auto tune, not really needed as the telly and recorder are connected via SCART, but it did raise the question of whether the box outputs it's own signal via RF or not.
Yes it does, mine hooked up no problem to my 32" lcd. I only do this to give Mrs swoop teletext.
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 15:10   #8
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop101 View Post
Yes it does, mine hooked up no problem to my 32" lcd. I only do this to give Mrs swoop teletext.
thanks for that.

On the DivX issue, i'm gonna have to check as I left I DivX DVD for her to try and i'm sure she said it played. Also ciao.co.uk appears to say i won't record to DVD-R, however i'm sure the manual says it will.
Old 23-02-2007, 15:12   #9
r1ch
Inactive

r1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation era

If they haven't closed the loophole here's how to get cheap delivery from Tesco Direct: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=363406
r1ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 15:24   #10
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
If they haven't closed the loophole here's how to get cheap delivery from Tesco Direct: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=363406
Thanks for the info, it may benefit someone, but I live that close to a Tesco Extra store that I can tell what make and model of car are in the car park(although not quite close enough to read the reg plate).
Old 24-02-2007, 14:13   #11
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
but I live that close to a Tesco Extra store that I can tell what make and model of car are in the car park(although not quite close enough to read the reg plate).
Same here^^^

Tesco extra, LG DR175 DVD recorder which also plays DIVX, easy to make region free & records to all formats less than £100

I have had one of these for about 6 months and its an excellent player\recorder (If a little slow to boot)
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 15:07   #12
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Same here^^^)
.....and i'm betting that it's the same store, Oak Tree by any chance?
Old 24-02-2007, 15:12   #13
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Yup
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 15:16   #14
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Went up there this morning, saw the LG model for ninety something quid, i'll decide which one to go for on Wednesday(pay day).
Old 10-04-2007, 23:21   #15
KTMcD
Inactive

KTMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just bought a Digilogic DRW2 DVD recorder and tried to set it up with my Sky box and TV. I thought I had it fine with the sky box connected by a scart into the DVD recorder, then the DVD recorder to the TV - nice and simple and works fine when the DVD recorder is on. However, when I set the timer to record anything you need to put the DVD recorder onto standby.... and then it doesn't receive any signal and it comes up with a warning telling me that and won't let me do it!!! Any ideas on how I've cabled it all together?

thanks
KTMcD is offline   Reply With Quote