Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2019, 14:37   #5716
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm not talking in riddles: just pointed out you didn't answer the question asked, which is why you've added qualifications into the explaination above. The answer as originally posted doesn't address the question at all.
Well, it does, actually! Why would a non-Amazon subscriber who happened to be a Virgin Media TV customer get the Christmas football at all? I think most people understood my answer.
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2019, 14:43   #5717
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, it does, actually! Why would a non-Amazon subscriber who happened to be a Virgin Media TV customer get the Christmas football at all? I think most people understood my answer.
Let's look at it what was originally said.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if the 2 rounds of Premier League football will be available to Virgin customers and of so at what cost.
If he meant Amazon customers, or any member of the public, why make the distinction at all?

He means Virgin customers. Will they get a special price for the football, not the standard price.
Old 18-07-2019, 14:51   #5718
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Let's look at it what was originally said.

If he meant Amazon customers, or any member of the public, why make the distinction at all?

He means Virgin customers. Will they get a special price for the football, not the standard price.
I said only Amazon subscribers. That is the answer to the first point.

On the matter of price, I would have thought that was obvious too, for two reasons. Firstly, to get Amazon Prime, you have to subscribe directly, not through Virgin Media. Secondly, yet again, there is no additional cost to get the football if you are an Amazon Prime subscriber.

I suspect that in the future, it will be possible to subscribe to all the streaming services through Virgin Media and at a 'bundle' discount, but we are not there yet.
Old 18-07-2019, 15:09   #5719
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Regarding Netflix the information we've seen (quiet day in the office lol) is Netflix new subscriber base has slowed down, so rather than it being Netflix losing subscribers it is more of a case of the level of new subscribers joining Netflix is what has slowed down.
This is to be expected with any subscription based service they all get a slower new subscriber base eventually.
Another thing with content such as friends and the office leaving NETFLIX USA next year Netflix will have the money from those shows to play with too, i must point out it is only Netflix USA that is affected, those shows are remaining on other regions for now.
Netflix lost 126,000 subscribers in the second quarter in the US.
Old 18-07-2019, 16:11   #5720
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I said only Amazon subscribers. That is the answer to the first point.

On the matter of price, I would have thought that was obvious too, for two reasons. Firstly, to get Amazon Prime, you have to subscribe directly, not through Virgin Media. Secondly, yet again, there is no additional cost to get the football if you are an Amazon Prime subscriber.

I suspect that in the future, it will be possible to subscribe to all the streaming services through Virgin Media and at a 'bundle' discount, but we are not there yet.
OB - eventually you give an answer to my question, I believe you are saying the only way for a Virgin customer to get this football will be to subscribe to Amazon Prime?

I was hoping they would bundle it in with the full house package as BT sport is.

A good opportunity for those of us who are sceptical about streaming to try it and see how it works for us - but I'm not paying extra to do that!
Old 18-07-2019, 16:33   #5721
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
OB - eventually you give an answer to my question, I believe you are saying the only way for a Virgin customer to get this football will be to subscribe to Amazon Prime?

I was hoping they would bundle it in with the full house package as BT sport is.

A good opportunity for those of us who are sceptical about streaming to try it and see how it works for us - but I'm not paying extra to do that!
I am sorry if my answer was not explicit enough, Raider. Apologies then to jfman - I thought he was pedantically playing with me.

I do hope that ultimately, Virgin bundle all their streaming services and apply some sort of discount. Free ITV Hub+ and Channel 4+ would be good!
Old 18-07-2019, 16:55   #5722
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

You wont have to pay extra, you can try Prime free for one month.
Just remember to cancel the sub before the month is out.
Old 18-07-2019, 17:27   #5723
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
You wont have to pay extra, you can try Prime free for one month.
Just remember to cancel the sub before the month is out.
True, and if this is your first experience of streaming, bear in mind that Netflix has a much better choice, and all without increased charge over and above the subscription. You can get a free trial with that, too, and it's already on Virgin Media.
Old 18-07-2019, 17:57   #5724
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Why would Virgin Media customers get BT Sports, some of whom won't pay a single penny to BT across the range of products/services?

It'd be very easy for Virgin to have came to a deal over this considering the rights cost Amazon nothing. Prominent placing of advertising on channel 100, in the EPG, main menu, Virgin press release, Virgin's own advertising during the period emails to customers promoting say, 1 month of free Prime in December.

Alternative idea:

One game each match day on Channel 100, advertising the remainder on Prime.

Last edited by jfman; 18-07-2019 at 18:13.
Old 18-07-2019, 19:58   #5725
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Why would Virgin Media customers get BT Sports, some of whom won't pay a single penny to BT across the range of products/services?

It'd be very easy for Virgin to have came to a deal over this considering the rights cost Amazon nothing. Prominent placing of advertising on channel 100, in the EPG, main menu, Virgin press release, Virgin's own advertising during the period emails to customers promoting say, 1 month of free Prime in December.

Alternative idea:

One game each match day on Channel 100, advertising the remainder on Prime.
All that is true, but my post was relating to the current position, which is that Amazon will continue to have a direct relationship with Virgin Media customers.

Of course, that could change in the future, and your examples are sound enough, but no such arrangement has been announced yet.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:02   #5726
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Britbox will cost £5.99 per month and will be available by the end of 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/enter...-arts-49037855
Old 19-07-2019, 14:06   #5727
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Are we aware of any cockup with amazon prime? We are almost in August. Are virgin media going to do the ridiculous “September is still summer lolz” move?
Old 19-07-2019, 14:08   #5728
FrogGuy
cf.member

FrogGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Are we aware of any cockup with amazon prime? We are almost in August. Are virgin media going to do the ridiculous “September is still summer lolz” move?
It is launching on Monday

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...e-on-virgin-tv
Old 19-07-2019, 14:11   #5729
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Britbox will cost £5.99 per month and will be available by the end of 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/enter...-arts-49037855
The vexed question is how long will it survive..
Old 19-07-2019, 14:26   #5730
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Will people who currently use services that don't need the TV licence have to get one to use this? If so that adds another £12.80 a month. Not so much of a bargain now.
Closed Thread