Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Rook

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

The Rook

Old 08-07-2019, 09:26   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
When I select it it says subscribe but I'm on the 500mb VVIP Oomph package and it says the same on both boxes.
According to official forums I am not alone
Are you still having the issue?

According to someone over on the Community Forum, it's now working for them.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:11   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, that should be fixed now, as should the problem of the box rebooting if you let it play right to the end.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 20:50   #18
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Oh dear virgin, so today i was watching episode 2 on demand and this time it didn't even get to the end when it stopped suddenly with This programme is unavailable error and then the bloody box rebooted. :-( !!!!

Last edited by trueblood; 08-07-2019 at 20:53.
trueblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:36   #19
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My problem with tiny subtitles was solved in ep2. There were no subtuitles at all!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 15:49   #20
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblood View Post
Oh dear virgin, so today i was watching episode 2 on demand and this time it didn't even get to the end when it stopped suddenly with This programme is unavailable error and then the bloody box rebooted. :-( !!!!

Sounds like it is very flaky.

I would suggest only watching when your box is not recording so if it reboots the recording will not be spoilt
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 16:06   #21
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I'm told it is fixed (again )
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 15:26   #22
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The Rook, which was previously available to Full House / Maxit TV customers via Virgin TV Ultra HD and Catch Up, will be available to ALL customers in Box Sets from Friday 6th September.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 16:30   #23
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The Rook, which was previously available to Full House / Maxit TV customers via Virgin TV Ultra HD and Catch Up, will be available to ALL customers in Box Sets from Friday 6th September.
I also noticed the 1st two episodes will be shown on Channel 100 on that date.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 19:12   #24
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Watched the first 3 episodes now, beautifully filmed and a pretty interesting story. The cast and quite good. Nice that it's set in London.
Old 09-09-2019, 20:20   #25
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Finished this series off over the weekend. A great bit of TV. Really pleased that VM invested in this and made it available to all customers.

The picture quality was the best I have ever seen on demand with VM.
Old 09-09-2019, 20:46   #26
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Finished this series off over the weekend. A great bit of TV. Really pleased that VM invested in this and made it available to all customers.

The picture quality was the best I have ever seen on demand with VM.
Glad to hear it. Will have to watch it, if only, at least, to see the downscaled UHD.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote