Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VPN recommendations for Kodi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

VPN recommendations for Kodi

Old 31-07-2018, 02:01   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: VPN recommendations for Kodi

I'm curious, unless you are using it for less than legal purposes, why would you need a VPN for Kodi ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2018, 14:36   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I'm curious, unless you are using it for less than legal purposes, why would you need a VPN for Kodi ?
Maybe to gain access to free to air programmes in other countries.

I have relatives in Australia, and it would be good to watch their news programmes. I would not even think of trying to access premium content, where rights issues become problematic.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 15:18   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just to come back to this...

I never ended up getting a VPN and can't remember why i was even asking, i just use Kodi to watch any TV series or movie i want to, not for gaining access to premium sports events etc. Kodi makes it alot easier it just feels like Netflix and i certainly dont pay anyone any money for doing this.
Old 05-08-2018, 15:31   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

For anyone using Kodi for "legal" purposes a VPN will allow geolocked content.

Both Kodi and TvAddons only host addons which allow legal verified content.

That said there are other repositories.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 11:41   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So i just took the prime 50% offer for Ipvanish so $3.25 a month, hope i made an ok choice as they have an app i can use on my 4K fire sticks i just bought for £25 each on prime day and Kodi works fantastic on them?

What is the best country to connect to when using it with Kodi?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 16-07-2019 at 11:45.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 13:16   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So i just took the prime 50% offer for Ipvanish so $3.25 a month, hope i made an ok choice as they have an app i can use on my 4K fire sticks i just bought for £25 each on prime day and Kodi works fantastic on them?

What is the best country to connect to when using it with Kodi?
I have no problems using a UK VPN server with Kodi. The VPN by-passes any IP blocks.
Old 16-07-2019, 13:27   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I have no problems using a UK VPN server with Kodi. The VPN by-passes any IP blocks.
Do you get more streams using a UK one on a VPN as opposed to not using a VPN?
Old 16-07-2019, 14:10   #23
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Yes.
Old 28-12-2019, 06:46   #24
IvanDenis
cf.member

IvanDenis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

To be completely honest, I would love to suggest to people like OP to "walk into traffic" as my first reaction. I know deep down that there are lots of legitimate VPN users, especially got getting around geoblocking (which is typically "fair game" as long as the origin of the content is legal). However, I also know that OP isn't one of them, and I honestly don't care if a fly-by-night user gets their feelings hurt.
IvanDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 10:59   #25
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDenis View Post
To be completely honest, I would love to suggest to people like OP to "walk into traffic" as my first reaction. I know deep down that there are lots of legitimate VPN users, especially got getting around geoblocking (which is typically "fair game" as long as the origin of the content is legal). However, I also know that OP isn't one of them, and I honestly don't care if a fly-by-night user gets their feelings hurt.
Oh i see you won't last long on this forum and i see 'you're the fly by night user'.
Old 26-01-2020, 12:28   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

I'm starting to move away from Kodi and now use an app called CinemaHD from Troy website as there is no messing about i just side load it and then that is it and the streams seem far better in my experience, and the interface is great, it does what i need it for and that is TV Shows and Movies.

Give it a try if you haven't already?