Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broken phone.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Broken phone.

Old 17-03-2014, 17:06   #1
Frizzfuzzbuzz
Inactive

Frizzfuzzbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Broken phone.

I am really not impressed with virgin. I had a Sony Xperia z, and less than 3 months after it got it, it would no longer charge. I sent it off to be repaired as it was obviously under warranty. I received it back (after having to chase it up over a week later) and was informed it was in the post. However when I got it it was not fixed, and the letter said It wasn't covered by warranty as it was physical damage, and I had said I didn't want to pay for it. This is rubbish, as they hadn't rung me at all before I chased it up. Also, nothing had happened to my phone, I had a case on it and it hadn't been in water. I've phoned ( waste of time) emailed (no reply) and have been told it's £150 to get it fixed. The whole situation is ridiculous, I have been messed around for over a month now with no phone. Anyone have any suggestions? I do not want, or have this amount of money to spend!

(Sorry for the rant!)

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

We also have internet, tv and two other mobiles with virgin, I feel like just cancelling everything!!!
Frizzfuzzbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2014, 17:34   #2
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Broken phone.

It is a manufacturing fault with xperia phones. (they will not agree)
I have had 2 xperia U phone break after 3 months and was refused a warrantee fix.
It is the tiny center part of the charging socket, it broke off on both phones within a week of each other.
After many calls I got nowhere with Virgin as Sony will not accept it is a fault and will not let Virgin fix or replace.
I have never seen this fault on any other phone, ever.
You can get replacement bits on ebay for a few quid, so it must be common.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+port&_sacat=0
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 18:25   #3
Frizzfuzzbuzz
Inactive

Frizzfuzzbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! It is good to know it's not just my phone. Just found someone else who had this problem, and they managed to get sony to agree to fix it, so I'm going to try that before I try fixing it myself!
Thanks again
Frizzfuzzbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 18:31   #4
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I'd give retentions a call to let them know that you're thinking of leaving VM because of this upsetting problem. They might just be able to work something out?

I think it's 150 from a Virgin land-line, then select the "If you are thinking of leaving" option.

Good luck and don't give up the fight!

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 17:59   #5
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

i have a htc on 24 month contract had it a year now last few months problems with it switching on, then last week it completely failed so i rang virgin up sent me out a jiffy bag next day, i posted it within two days got a phone call saying couldnt fix phone so giving me a new one ! well impressed ! got new phone next day ! thumbs up vm !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 18:13   #6
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i have a htc on 24 month contract had it a year now last few months problems with it switching on, then last week it completely failed so i rang virgin up sent me out a jiffy bag next day, i posted it within two days got a phone call saying couldnt fix phone so giving me a new one ! well impressed ! got new phone next day ! thumbs up vm !
Well done
Old 27-03-2014, 18:43   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
Excellent

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 19:12   #8
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Might need to call them myself, my phone keeps dropping charge rapidly and also keeps restarting.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote