Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 24-05-2013, 18:23   #91
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
re: The Xbox One Thread

It's no big deal for me anyhow
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2013, 18:35   #92
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
With the games installing to the hard drive, will we require the cd in the drive to still play them?
Probably, but i really hope we don't need the Bluray disk in the drive as it is a pain in the ass to swap around.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 18:39   #93
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
With the games installing to the hard drive, will we require the cd in the drive to still play them?
No the Blu Ray disc will not be needed. This was confirmed. Also the game will be linked your your profile so you cant sell or lend our the game and still be able to play it.
Old 24-05-2013, 18:43   #94
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No the Blu Ray disc will not be needed. This was confirmed. Also the game will be linked your your profile so you cant sell or lend our the game and still be able to play it.

I think it sucks that games are linked to a profile, so that would mean someone else in the household wouldn't be able to use the same game without possibly paying a fee?

Rumour also on the interwebs today is the activation fee for second hand games maybe £35!

I am seriously thinking of buying the PS4 if it had less restrictions now, especially as it is said to be upto 50% more powerful, i really am disappointed at the old VCR style of the Xboxone case.

It is a wait and see what happens next game for me.
Old 24-05-2013, 18:51   #95
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think it sucks that games are linked to a profile, so that would mean someone else in the household wouldn't be able to use the same game without possibly paying a fee?

Rumour also on the interwebs today is the activation fee for second hand games maybe £35!

I am seriously thinking of buying the PS4 if it had less restrictions now, especially as it is said to be upto 50% more powerful, i really am disappointed at the old VCR style of the Xboxone case.

Will they buy our second hand games from us? As trade ins?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 18:54   #96
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Will they buy our second hand games from us? As trade ins?
The story(possible rumour) hitting the web today is this.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ame-sales.html
Old 24-05-2013, 19:01   #97
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm confused by this. If I wanted to sell a game, wouldn't I just delete it from the consoles HDD and then sell the game or trade it in?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 19:01   #98
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Oh, I just noticed that the new Xbox (I'm refusing to call it by that stupid name) doesn't come with a compnent or composite connection.

Well, that rules me out. My main TV set isn't HD
I don't think its a stupid name, I have a HTC One.
Old 24-05-2013, 19:03   #99
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'm confused by this. If I wanted to sell a game, wouldn't I just delete it from the consoles HDD and then sell the game or trade it in?
This may help.

Quote:
Games traded into a store will be entered into the system, wiping it from the consumer's account, which is reportedly why Xbox One consoles must connect to the internet every 24 hours.

While the retailer can then sell the game at a price of their choosing, the publisher and Microsoft will take a percentage of the second-hand sale.

A further report by ConsoleDeals suggests the cut for retailers would be as low as 10%, as opposed to profiting from the entire sale in the existing unregulated system.

Those who wish to use a second-hand game outside the system - like borrowing a game from a friend - will be charged a fee of £35, added the source.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ame-sales.html
Old 24-05-2013, 19:03   #100
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
i suspect the game will have a code. Microsoft will check it isn't on your account, when the retailer logs the game for resale, as they will have that game registered to your account.
Old 24-05-2013, 19:10   #101
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

And you would think it'll be relatively straightforward to continue renting games out on the basis of removing that game from the customer's account at the end of the rental period.

The question is how much the retailers stand to profit or lose from a system like this. Many might just turn around and say stuff you Microsoft, not worth a chuff doing any of this.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 19:14   #102
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
And you would think it'll be relatively straightforward to continue renting games out on the basis of removing that game from the customer's account at the end of the rental period.

The question is how much the retailers stand to profit or lose from a system like this. Many might just turn around and say stuff you Microsoft, not worth a chuff doing any of this.
Yes, if what they say is true..re only 10% of resale price for retailer
Old 24-05-2013, 20:16   #103
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KbWgU...layer_embedded
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 20:39   #104
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Better stories on pre-owned games...(sorry, I hate reading DS' articles and much prefer to read the original articles)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publi...retail/0116137

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ork-apparently

Quote:
Indeed. You only need the disc for the installation.

Quote:
Actually, someone from MS has talked about how XBL on the Xbox One will be kind of like the "Family" membership they used to do. Although the game will be tied to a single account, that single account can have multiple users (with their own Friend Lists etc. etc.) and all of those users of that console in that household will all be able to play the without each paying a fee.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/435...ox-one-and-360

Quote:

Current rumours from "sources" say it will be lower than that and will come out of the retailer's cut.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 20:48   #105
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I wonder what the situation is on a Silver account, i hope it is the same?