Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 08-10-2009, 21:52   #2671
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Jarhead 7/10 an odd look at Desert Storm

Night watch 3/10 poor Russian attempt at a fantasy type movie, overated.

The swear filter did not like the Nigh****ch title
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2009, 22:00   #2672
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Point Break 7/10 I recorded it when it was on BBC1 a few weeks ago, missus had not seen it before, last time I saw it was 16 years ago! Missus remarked afterwards she gets a few more bits in Hot Fuzz now

We enjoyed Night Watch, if you didn't like it though, don't bother with Day Watch, it's more of the same, which we thought was a good thing
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 22:03   #2673
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post

We enjoyed Night Watch, if you didn't like it though, don't bother with Day Watch, it's more of the same, which we thought was a good thing
Night Watch started well on the bridge but seemed to go downhill afterwards, its all been done better elsewhere, but tastes vary
Old 08-10-2009, 22:23   #2674
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Only just got round to watching `Donnie Darko` superb but a bit wierd the first time you see it.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 14:22   #2675
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

The hills run red
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907676/

Horror\slash\mutilate\gore flick with a few good effects and a good story directed by someone not overly talented.
Watchable (just)
6\10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 18:47   #2676
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

"Up" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1049413/

Great film but quite sad for the first 20 minutes. I don`t think a 6 or 7 year old would understand this part but the rest is brilliant.
I am, a big kid at heart though.
Old 11-10-2009, 20:58   #2677
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Morris: a life with bells on

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029342/
http://www.morrismovie.com/

A low budget indy that's been spreading round the country by hearsay. Just seen this in Liverpool where half the audience were morris dancers - some of whom performed while we were waiting for the last to arrive. It's a sort of Strictly Ballroom meets Spinal Tap as we follow the life of Derecq Twist - England's 'best' morris dancer. Some excellent gags along the way but they're a rather well spread out for my taste. The background was accurate enough but it seemed to miss a lot of the passion and trauma involved. However, the morris funeral did strike a cord so that many of the audience were sniffling. Very funny in parts but not laugh a minute. But guys, if you're going to parody morris dancing then at least learn how to dance first!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 23:03   #2678
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Up 10/10

I booked tickets midweek on line, and was quite shocked by how much tickets have gone up recently, £11.55 each, so was 24.60 for 2 of us inc booking fee

that is to see it in 3d, and luxury seats at the odeon. Cineworld is a bit cheaper but wasn't clear if it was 3d, and our Pixture House we we usually go to isn't showing it, and if they do it may not be 3d. (shame as it's 16.50 for 2 adults there)

However, it was money well spent

As usual the short before it was both very funny, and looked stunning.

Up, also looked stunning, was really funny, and a good, albeit bizarre story Happy The story kind of reminded me of Anime, it was very Miyazaki -esque.

I'd strongly recommend it, and the 3d works really well, all Pixar films look stunning anyway, but the 3d is really well done to improve the look of the cartoon, it's not a gimmick, I think there's only 1 or 2 things flying at your face moments
Old 21-10-2009, 20:18   #2679
Peter_
Permanently Banned

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus 2/10

Absolutely Dire do not take child to see they will be bored out of their minds.

To enjoy this I think you would need to drop a acid tab first
Old 22-10-2009, 18:11   #2680
budwieser
cf.mega poster

`Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs` Great film.
Old 22-10-2009, 19:07   #2681
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser View Post
`Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs` Great film.
Come on Steve, we've got a diem to carpe!
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 15:59   #2682
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched "The boy in stripped pajamas"

WOW, I cried at the end, a very powerful film.

Its about a boy whose fathers job in the SS takes him and his family away from their life in Berlin to Auschwitz, he befriends a Jewish boy.

A must see.
Old 24-10-2009, 16:07   #2683
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Just watched "The boy in stripped pajamas"

WOW, I cried at the end, a very powerful film.

Its about a boy whose fathers job in the SS takes him and his family away from their life in Berlin to Auschwitz, he befriends a Jewish boy.

A must see.
I read the book not sure if I could watch the movie
Old 24-10-2009, 17:52   #2684
admars
cf.mega poster

Saw V last night 7/10

seeing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus tonight, I hope I enjoy it more than Moldova did! Missus is a big Gilliam fan, I like some of his stuff.
Old 24-10-2009, 17:57   #2685
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Saw V last night 7/10

seeing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus tonight, I hope I enjoy it more than Moldova did! Missus is a big Gilliam fan, I like some of his stuff.
You should enjoy Lily Coles bits