Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 12-08-2020, 11:15   #6571
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Brain fart moment, i some how forgot to pay my Credit Card off for July, first time ever that has happened!
Old 12-08-2020, 15:11   #6572
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Brain fart moment, i some how forgot to pay my Credit Card off for July, first time ever that has happened!
It's might be worth a phone call - I forgot once and the payment was a day late - phoned NatWest and they waved the late payment fee and refunded 75% of the interest as they could see we normally pay the balance in full.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 18:08   #6573
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
It's might be worth a phone call - I forgot once and the payment was a day late - phoned NatWest and they waved the late payment fee and refunded 75% of the interest as they could see we normally pay the balance in full.
I can't be arsed with a phone call to be honest so I will just pay the £29 charges, and hopefully not forget next time.
Old 12-08-2020, 18:10   #6574
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A direct debit to pay the full amount off every month is the easy solution.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 19:05   #6575
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I can't be arsed with a phone call to be honest so I will just pay the £29 charges, and hopefully not forget next time.
put a reminder on your phone calendar, and I’ve also set the Credit Card Apps to send me a reminder when it’s due.

Multiple redundancy...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 19:06   #6576
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

I 99.99% of the time pay off in full, but sometimes I get a big month so pay some off then defer the rest until the following month.
Old 12-08-2020, 20:22   #6577
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I would need to make sure i have enough in my current account for that each month, so i cant really do that when some months are huge where i would need to move some money about to cover it before i make full payment.
Old 12-08-2020, 22:44   #6578
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I only have a credit card because for a while I had an employer I had to rack up fairly chunky expenses with. I keep it out of habit and just in case I ever do need a wedge I couldn’t immediately pay back but so far that’s never happened. I have a DD set up, with an instruction to clear the balance every month. That’s the norm, so if I needed to keep the money I’d go into the app and manually reduce the payment as a one off.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 05:20   #6579
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

We pay everything by Debit card and DD as we used to have several credit cards when we were younger but its very ease to spend money one has not got imo.
Old 13-08-2020, 11:04   #6580
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We pay everything by Debit card and DD as we used to have several credit cards when we were younger but its very ease to spend money one has not got imo.
Luckily I've never had that problem so everything just gets put on the CC where I get Tesco points and it also helps a credit rating.

But I understand if times change and I found myself without a job the temptation may come to use the CC and not pay it back each month and that would be bad.
Old 13-08-2020, 21:34   #6581
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I would need to make sure i have enough in my current account for that each month, so i cant really do that when some months are huge where i would need to move some money about to cover it before i make full payment.
I believe you can also do a DD for the minimum amount, and make an extra payment to pay the rest off if you can. At least then you'd never miss a payment.
Old 14-08-2020, 14:48   #6582
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I forgot one time and it was a Bank Holiday. I had to pay the £20,for late payment. I always pay it in full every month. I was so angry with myself/ I only use it now if i have too,

Last edited by nashville; 14-08-2020 at 14:49. Reason: forgot a word
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 18:58   #6583
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53850642

Why wasn't that scumbag dragged to the court.

I'd have hog tied him and gagged him.
Old 21-08-2020, 07:55   #6584
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Because we're better than him.
Old 21-08-2020, 08:44   #6585
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

I think you are in the wrong thread.Why not start one in Current Affairs?