Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2020, 15:11   #3481
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It’s not crazy to consider it, but he’s not considering it, he’s taking it - and, whether we like it or not, people see him as a role model and will emulate him, with potentially serious side-effects from something that has not been proven to work (and the knock on effect of lupus patients not being able to get hold of it).

If, after trials (like they are doing for vaccines), it was shown to work, fine - but that’s not what is happening here.
Well normally I would say that he must be taking it on advice from his doctor. But knowing this is Trump it wouldn't surprise me if he just made the whole thing up.
Old 19-05-2020, 15:15   #3482
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
Well normally I would say that he must be taking it on advice from his doctor. But knowing this is Trump it wouldn't surprise me if he just made the whole thing up.
This letter from his doctor is very carefully worded, and doesn’t actually state that Trump is taking the medicine.

And Trump said
Quote:
the White House physician "didn't recommend" the treatment but offered it to him
Remember, the Food and Drug Administration has cautioned against the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 treatment outside of hospitals or clinical trials due to the risk of heart rhythm problems - they said "Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have not been shown to be safe and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19,"
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0CAF8FD0-731B-4660-A497-70DF850045EA.jpeg (367.1 KB, 13 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 19-05-2020 at 15:32.
Old 19-05-2020, 15:16   #3483
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

He didnt make it up, hes known about it for sometime.

Heres an article from back in early April : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52222367

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 19-05-2020, 15:18   #3484
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
He didnt make it up, hes known about it for sometime.

Heres an article from back in early April : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52222367
I mean make up the fact he was taking it.
Old 19-05-2020, 15:26   #3485
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
, people see him as a role model and will emulate him.
The amount of people I see with Trump haircuts and long neck ties, yes he certainly is!
Old 19-05-2020, 15:35   #3486
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The amount of people I see with Trump haircuts and long neck ties, yes he certainly is!
You’re confusing "impersonation" with "copying behaviours"...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-05-2020, 16:05   #3487
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
I mean make up the fact he was taking it.
Yeah, it's not like he ever ever lies:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7027991.html
Old 19-05-2020, 18:40   #3488
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

This proposal would be entertaining if it wasn’t so deadly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52723101

The country with the second most deaths in the world proposing to not quarantine passengers from the deadliest county.
Old 19-05-2020, 21:12   #3489
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Which strain will it protect against? One? Or all 3?
The virus hasn't mutated to a significant degree
Old 19-05-2020, 23:09   #3490
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Monday morning quarterbackery.
Old 19-05-2020, 23:59   #3491
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Monday morning quarterbackery.
It’s helpful if you quote a post if directly referring to it, however you can’t possibly mean my last post. It’s very much Friday afternoon on that one.

Your selective quoting at least let the author of the post know who you were directing your response at.
Old 20-05-2020, 03:16   #3492
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s helpful if you quote a post if directly referring to it, however you can’t possibly mean my last post. It’s very much Friday afternoon on that one.

Your selective quoting at least let the author of the post know who you were directing your response at.
The post he replied to has been deleted by the poster, nothing to see, move on.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 20-05-2020, 13:41   #3493
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Chilling report from Radio 4's File on Four Programme "The Care Homes Catastrophe"
Snippett: https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...712453/photo/1
Listen :https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j81c
Old 20-05-2020, 13:54   #3494
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Chilling report from Radio 4's File on Four Programme "The Care Homes Catastrophe"
Snippett: https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...712453/photo/1
Listen :https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j81c
I am just glad my mum is safe. Her home stopped visitors the week before lockdown and their measures are so good they have not had a single case of COVID-19 at all. However my father in law's home has had a large number of cases and a number of patient deaths. It really is a scandal how bad some homes have gotten.
Old 20-05-2020, 14:51   #3495
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am just glad my mum is safe. Her home stopped visitors the week before lockdown and their measures are so good they have not had a single case of COVID-19 at all. However my father in law's home has had a large number of cases and a number of patient deaths. It really is a scandal how bad some homes have gotten.
Can't really blame the care homes.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-says-11991378
Closed Thread