Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 24-11-2013, 14:44   #1471
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

HDMI passthrough juddering?

That'll be because UK TV is 50Hz, and the Xbox One outputs at 60Hz...

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-...1311233468.htm
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2013, 15:14   #1472
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
HDMI passthrough juddering?

That'll be because UK TV is 50Hz, and the Xbox One outputs at 60Hz...

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-...1311233468.htm
Yep that is the issue for me, they better fix it soon.
Old 24-11-2013, 19:45   #1473
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Same here. I think this is something they have to fix in order to have a chance in the UK
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 19:56   #1474
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

i haven't connected my tv to the xbox one, given the issue you mention.

I presume that is the right approach until they resolve this?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 20:04   #1475
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The TV is useable through it and it looks normal for me, but randomly maybe every 5-10mins or less the picture will freeze for a second or 2.

I fixed the panning judder issue by turning off AUTO FILM 1 mode in my Sony TV settings though as that was terrible.
Old 24-11-2013, 20:54   #1476
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Well i have a well and truly broken console. I have lost audio on the dashbaord, keeps signing me out, keeps loosing internet connection, dash keeps crashing, apps are crashing, it now wont load apps and now wont turn off. I have just had to turn it off at the wall. Im getting so %^$&$%(*% OFF

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

So after turning off at the wall and back on again, i can now actually use the console. These SW issues are really annoying me. YEs ok so it is a launch version but still shouldnt have MS tested the dash and fixed the bugs. These crashes, sign outs and dropping of connection is really getting to me now
Old 24-11-2013, 21:00   #1477
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

It does seem to me that the software is very much still a work in progress, rushed out to meet a deadline.

Lack of feature parity with the 360 regarding media playback, lack of Dolby Digital, focus on the US / general shortsightedness causing MS to forget that not everywhere has 60Hz TV...

Still, despite that I am enjoying mine.

Question regarding noise: How are people finding the noise (if any) of their console?

Mine does have a background buzz/hum (although I'm not sure if it's the console or the PSU brick). It's noticeable when there is no other noise, but not annoying. It's still quieter than my PS3 Slim and 360 S, although I'd have preferred dead silence.

I started playing BF 4 this evening. Going through the campaign first before the MP, to get a feel for the controller and the guns etc. Despite BF being known for weak campaigns, I am actually enjoying it so far.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 21:24   #1478
nstokes
Inactive

I find the noise fine, most times i dont hear it. The software does seem very rushed. I am wondering when things like Smart Match and the ability to snap Skype will come out
Old 24-11-2013, 22:31   #1479
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
It does seem to me that the software is very much still a work in progress, rushed out to meet a deadline.

Lack of feature parity with the 360 regarding media playback, lack of Dolby Digital, focus on the US / general shortsightedness causing MS to forget that not everywhere has 60Hz TV...

Still, despite that I am enjoying mine.

Question regarding noise: How are people finding the noise (if any) of their console?

Mine does have a background buzz/hum (although I'm not sure if it's the console or the PSU brick). It's noticeable when there is no other noise, but not annoying. It's still quieter than my PS3 Slim and 360 S, although I'd have preferred dead silence.

I started playing BF 4 this evening. Going through the campaign first before the MP, to get a feel for the controller and the guns etc. Despite BF being known for weak campaigns, I am actually enjoying it so far.
I can't hear anything from mine although my hearing isnt 100% but i would of thought i could hear a hum from it.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I am really enjoying BF4 multiplayer here although the server browser is broken, best to use the quick match option.
Old 24-11-2013, 23:24   #1480
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

When playing Forza can you deselect people's Drivatars? haven't played it that much but if I do it'll be for competition and credit gathering. I'm pretty much giving away my entire Forza 4 fortune if anyone is still stuck on 360. Every car in the game with custom paint and tuned.
Old 24-11-2013, 23:32   #1481
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have no idea I still don't know how drivastar works and how I can tell if I am racing against someone.
Old 25-11-2013, 07:42   #1482
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

You can look at the starting grid before a race. Also, a persons name will appear above the car. I've raced you in most of my races.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 09:34   #1483
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I bought an extended service plan for my console and it's not showing up on my account. Phoned support after reading the forums and got no where. all the forums said was you need to phone support which I did and gave them the order number, but they are saying I need a call back
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 11:38   #1484
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

i won't buy my extended warranty plan just yet, will wait 30 days.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

My TV picture is freezing all the time this morning, making it unusable to watch TV through the X1, when this happens the X1 isn't freezing.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

I will likely put my TV back to normal tomorrow as it is so bad here with the freezing, i don't want to contact Ms yet so i can wait a while to see if an update fixes this issue for us Europeans running at 50hz.
Old 25-11-2013, 12:11   #1485
nstokes
Inactive

Any one know when MS will release a new update? I know we are only a few days into console life span but surely an update must be in the works