Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2009, 09:03   #181
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season

I have been using the ad breaks to have a wee and I couldn't understand why I was in pain then it dawned on me, no ad breaks, I have become conditioned to them oh the joy of no breaks
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2009, 09:55   #182
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
I have been using the ad breaks to have a wee and I couldn't understand why I was in pain then it dawned on me, no ad breaks, I have become conditioned to them oh the joy of no breaks
same here, was wondering why it had taken so long to go. All the better for it though.

Have to say that McLaren are so far off the pace, they just about made it to Q2. With the limit on Testing, will take a while to sort out, hopefully it will show us how good Hamilton really is. If he is that good, he should be dragging the car around.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:03   #183
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Well I avoided the thread until I'd seen the qualifying session (thank gawd for PVR's but I will watch the race live)

Well exactly what I expected..the usual mismatched mash-up after any major rule change. There's obviously a hell of a difference in interpretation of what's going on, the rear diffuser argument and I just had to laugh at E.J.'s views on the KERS system

I think it's gonna take a good few races for everyone to settle down and for all the teams to be competative..
Old 28-03-2009, 10:15   #184
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

Have to add, the commentating from Jonathan Legard annoyed me. coming around the last corner, all i could hear was "coming around the last corner", "coming around the last corner", "coming around the last corner onto the main straight". It really was annoying, or is it just me??
Old 28-03-2009, 10:24   #185
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

just been anouced that hamiltion will start from the back of the grid due to a gear box change
Quote:
Hamilton will drop to the back of the grid after a gearbox change saw the reigning champion demoted five places.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7969592.stm
Old 28-03-2009, 10:40   #186
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Well guys the POLL is now closed, just click HERE to see who voted for which driver..
Old 28-03-2009, 11:33   #187
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Toyota moved to the back of the grid now because of an illegal rear wing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7969641.stm

Not sure if they even have another one to use in the race though. Ferrari have been protested too.

Good qualifying session and very exciting though. Well done to Button
Old 28-03-2009, 11:36   #188
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

The season is young & I would still put my $ on Hamilton

But I have to say that after getting up a 5am to watch the qually and seeing how well Brawn GP done with an excellent car and 2 seasoned drivers it wouldn't surprise me at all if Brawn GP was in the running for the constructors title, and possible the drivers title too.

As Brawn said in an interview earlier today Honda gave up last season trying to get anywhere and concentrated on the 09 car so it has been in development for a lot longer than other manufacturers.
Old 28-03-2009, 14:26   #189
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think McLaren will be able to get on top of the problems in time. By the time they have sorted any problems, they will be too far behind in the points imo. They may as well start work on the 2010 car half way through the season, like a lot of the lower teams have done in previous years.

I just watched the re-run of the qualifying on BBC1, and I enjoyed it. I only saw from Q2 though. I like that the team rankings have now been turned upside down as opposed to last year. Lets see some of the less celebrated drivers show their stuff.
Old 28-03-2009, 14:37   #190
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Button & co (teams with the different difuser) will have there point deducted as Ferrari International Assistance (FIA) will come to the rescue.

Then faith in this sport will be deader than a can of spam.
Old 28-03-2009, 15:48   #191
Locky33
Inactive

Services: Virgin 120mb, Tivo XL, + extra V+ box, XL phone + 4 mobile contracts!
Locky33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Button & co (teams with the different difuser) will have there point deducted as Ferrari International Assistance (FIA) will come to the rescue.

Then faith in this sport will be deader than a can of spam.
I am getting a bad feeling about this also. The Fia tried last season for Hamilton gaining advantage when he gave the place back.
Old 28-03-2009, 16:10   #192
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

The date has been set for the middle of April, just before the Chinese Grand Prix. So the results for the first 2 races are at the moment provisional, but the fact the stewards have thrown out the protests already shows what they think, and that has to hold some weight in court.

The Toyotas are at the back of the grid for having an illegally flexing rear wing (Ferrari a couple years ago had that and bugger all was done from them), so Hamilton's 18th, and that ruins a good qualy for the boys from Japan.

The Red Bull cars look a dark horse for the race, especially Vettel, but the Brawn GP cars have a LOT more fuel in the car than the rest of the field, so this is gonna be a cracking race!
Old 28-03-2009, 20:17   #193
Kymmy
Inactive

Remember guys that the clocks go to BST tonight so the race (well BBC coverage starts) is at 6am BST (5am GMT)
Old 29-03-2009, 00:32   #194
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Damn! I forgot about the time difference...damned ozzies.
Old 29-03-2009, 06:46   #195
Kymmy
Inactive

Oh gawd...the things I do for this sport..up at 05:55 on a Sunday!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 ----------

Anyone else missing Louise Goodman in the pit-lane
Closed Thread