Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:50   #1
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold
Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

Am I right in thinking it was mentioned on these forums a while ago about another potential price increase in April 2018?
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2018, 10:48   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

There were unsubstantiated claims, but no concrete evidence. Given Virgin started notifying customers about last November's price rise in August (3 months beforehand), if there was to be a major price rise in April, I'd imagine there would be letters/emails being sent out to customers around now.

Also, I'm my opinion to have another major prise rise just 5 months after the last is unlikely given the negative impact it had when Virgin had two price rises in 2016. There may well be some tinkering - perhaps phone plans etc., but I just can't see another price rise like there was in November so soon afterwards.

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 06-01-2018 at 10:59.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:37   #3
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Let's hope your right!
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 18:25   #4
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Am I right in thinking it was mentioned on these forums a while ago about another potential price increase in April 2018?
That was the rumour yes

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=3550

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=3553
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 18:27   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

In previous years VM have split price rises to bundle customers & standalone service customers so they happen on seperate dates. Did standalone service prices rise in November, or just bundles?
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 18:44   #6
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
In previous years VM have split price rises to bundle customers & standalone service customers so they happen on seperate dates. Did standalone service prices rise in November, or just bundles?
Last price rise

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...-beat-the-hike
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 20:58   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I should be a mind reader.

If rumours are true - why. VM cannot justify in my opionon another price increase.

They have NOT increased any new channels.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 21:08   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I should be a mind reader.

If rumours are true - why. VM cannot justify in my opionon another price increase.

They have NOT increased any new channels.
It's simple if the wholesale price to Virgin from Sky goes up then they have to have an increase. You as Joe public will not be privy to the prices sky charge Vm. However your a mind reader so what are the costs Arthur

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 21:12   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
You as Joe public will not be privy to the prices sky charge Vm.
Absolutely you're not, otherwise you might find out you're being ripped off !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:50   #10
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Can't see it myself - if Sky launches its Q service over Internet in the first half of 2018 the last thing VM will do to compete is hike prices.
Weren't there similar rumours this time last year of an April hike, possibly from the same source? That never happened.
Another rumour I've heard is that old chestnut of Vodaphone buying VM from Liberty. Stranger things have been known.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:58   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Can't see it myself - if Sky launches its Q service over Internet in the first half of 2018 the last thing VM will do to compete is hike prices.
Weren't there similar rumours this time last year of an April hike, possibly from the same source? That never happened.
Another rumour I've heard is that old chestnut of Vodaphone buying VM from Liberty. Stranger things have been known.
The force is strong on that rumour. I hope it turns out to be untrue as Vodafone would turn VM to the darkside

Old 08-01-2018, 08:21   #12
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The force is strong on that rumour. I hope it turns out to be untrue as Vodafone would turn VM to the darkside
Spooky! Why do you say that and what do you think the implications for subscribers would be?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 18:00   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Pointless posts removed.

This is the last time I'm going to warn you two (Old Boy & denphone) about your silly bickering in threads.

Next time I come across it I will suspend you both for a few days. Knock it off.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 18:49   #14
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

To confirm the price rise was info i was given by a source, more reliable sources i've spoken too have confirmed what a few others have said the price rise is unlikely in April.
We think there may be one around October/November.
If my sources are wrong i'm not afraid to hold up my arms and admit i had wrong information given to me.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 19:23   #15
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Spooky! Why do you say that and what do you think the implications for subscribers would be?
Just looking at the rumours on the interweb