Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 14-12-2017, 10:31   #5761
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

All quiet here on the South Coast.

Advertisement
Old 14-12-2017, 16:12   #5762
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Something strange is going on ever since I went 24/3 my connection has been all over the place and then this.

JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 18:03   #5763
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
All quiet here on the South Coast.

That's quiet?

Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 20:03   #5764
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
That's quiet?

For a VM connection it's sepulchral.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:35   #5765
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Well well well.

After being on 12/2 for a long while and having pretty regular dips from 200mb over the last year, suddenly a big upgrade occurred.

I saw the magenta light on my hub 3 disappear this past Friday and checked the VM service status to see an intermittent service fault.

Came home after work to check if everything was ok and saw 24 channels on the downstream and 4 channels on the upstream.

Hopefully that will mean a bit more stable service here from now on.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 13:23   #5766
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

My 2018 Network set up

Asus: RT-AC86
- Asuswrt-Merlin
- AB-Solution
- Skynet
- DNScrypt-proxy V2 - (DNS over HTTPS Cloudflare)

Media server
- Plex
- AMD build

VoIP (Testing)
- Cisco SPA112
- Sipgate

SamKnows
- The Whitebox 8.0

Hub 3.0
- version 9.1.116.608
- 24 Downstream / 2 Upstream

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 10:02   #5767
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Two weeks after moving to 4 bonded channels I get this. Much improved!

This is what it looked like two days ago.

The moment of change.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 10:30   #5768
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

You probably had the latest firmware drop after the forced restart, hence the improved TBB graph.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 10:43   #5769
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
You probably had the latest firmware drop after the forced restart, hence the improved TBB graph.

Software version : 9.1.116.608
Old 19-06-2018, 10:52   #5770
Jon22
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Software version : 9.1.116.608
AFAIK, that’s the latest firmware
Old 19-06-2018, 11:43   #5771
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure .608 is I'm on .603 and get the same nice looking graph.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 12:10   #5772
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheToaster View Post
Pretty sure .608 is I'm on .603 and get the same nice looking graph.
Nice low ping.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:00   #5773
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

My parents have been having speed problems with their SH1 since a little while, I've also posted on the official VM forum (from their connection) but I can't work theirs out. The TBB graphs have good days - when everything is perfectly normal - and bad days, when it's not. An example of days when both happens..

The stupidity is, when TBB is reporting massive issues they can have decent speeds - maybe not the full 100Mb/s but pretty close. Then when TBB is perfect, they only get 5Mb/s or so. Wired vs wireless makes no difference save for topping out at 70Mb/s, put the wireless next to the hub, no change. All very odd, and it doesn't fit the usual pattern of congestion either.

Last edited by japitts; 26-06-2018 at 11:02. Reason: added another graph
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 12:40   #5774
Jon22
cf.addict

I think the SH1 had an issue with the latency “ramping” up when in router mode over a period of days. A reboot used to sort it, until it happened again. Wouldn’t surprise me if a Hub 3 was offered to replace it.
Old 10-07-2018, 14:25   #5775
Jon22
cf.addict

Looks as though the latest firmware for the Hub 3 is being applied to those on lower tier packages now. This is my dad's, who is on 100Mb.