Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying message about Flash Player

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Annoying message about Flash Player

Old 01-08-2021, 05:52   #31
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky
Several times this morning I have had the same message to 'Please download latest version of Flash Player'. I've done it twice today, even uninstalling the previous version and downloading the latest version, but the message still keeps appearing.
I just wanted to comment on this Opening post message....

I used to have all kinds of problems updating flash so I finally just started replacing FLASH.OCX with the latest one and it works fine.... My main flash version is 7 but the flash.ocx is flash 9 so in essence I have flash 9 when going to flash sites and all...... When I goto a site to verify my flash version it says 9...

Welcome to cableforum.co.uk Hazel
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2021, 19:45   #32
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Annoying message about Flash Player

Hasn't Flash pretty much disappeared from the Internet now? Replaced with better options.
Old 01-08-2021, 21:31   #33
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I wouldnt say BETTER just different........

I love flash,shockwave and Java and enjoy playing games
Old 01-08-2021, 22:29   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's so outdated and not very safe or secure by modern standards. Hence why its been left to the history books.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:09   #35
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ya its a bunch if BS Steve,I havent ever had an issue with flash,shockwave or Java
Old 03-08-2021, 08:50   #36
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I haven't come across a website that still uses Flash or shockwave to be honest.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:03   #37
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya its a bunch if BS Steve,I havent ever had an issue with flash,shockwave or Java
That is foolish logic. Just because you have not experienced it does not mean it does not exist
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:45   #38
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Dude’s not big on logical thought, as his many overnight posts on here will attest.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:04   #39
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Hehe thank you mate....... No I can think for myself,I dont let others walk all over me and tell me how to live my life
Old 04-08-2021, 07:56   #40
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Hehe thank you mate....... No I can think for myself,I dont let others walk all over me and tell me how to live my life
Everyone can think for themselves. That’s part of being human.

Not everyone is equally able to weigh evidence and assess trustworthiness of sources. That’s part of a good education.

Based on your posts here, I believe your ability to assess quality of evidence is weak. In common with many conspiracy theorists you look at the world, see that you’ve come to different conclusions than many others, and explain the anomaly by telling yourself that it’s because you can think for yourself while everyone else can’t. The delusion then becomes self-perpetuating.

5G masts do not risk human health.
The covid vaccine is safe and effective.
“They” have not trumped-up the pandemic for nefarious purposes.
Flash Player was retired because it is a system resource hog, open to attack by hackers, and there are newer, safer, cheaper and more efficient alternatives available.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:08   #41
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, what do you use for anti-virus, firewall, and anti-malware on your PC?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 22:34   #42
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just out of curiousity, what do you use for anti-virus, firewall, and anti-malware on your PC?
Good luck with those questions as he still uses Windows 98se as main OS.
Old 04-08-2021, 22:49   #43
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I imagine he thinks they are snooping on him so refuses to use them and he has never had a virus but unknowingly has been part of a bot net for a decade hahahaha
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:25   #44
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
I use blackice for my firewall mate....... I dont have an AV and havent for about 10 years,it was just slowing stuff down.....
Old 05-08-2021, 08:43   #45
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
I use blackice for my firewall mate....... I dont have an AV and havent for about 10 years,it was just slowing stuff down.....