Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying message about Flash Player

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Annoying message about Flash Player

Old 19-03-2013, 11:45   #16
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Annoying message about Flash Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
that is a Packard bell warning not a flash warning by the looks of it. There will be some Packard bell stuff running from start up.

Hold win key and tap r a run box will open type msconfig. Click the start up tab and untick everything that says Packard bell. I personally would most likely untick a hell of a lot more but they will do for now lol exit and click reboot later

In control panel add remove programs . Here I would uninstall everything Packard bell you do not use. Reboot
Right I've done all that, now lets see what happens!

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Don't want to speak too soon, but so far so good.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2013, 09:37   #17
tizmeinnit

fingers crossed
Old 20-03-2013, 12:04   #18
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

It's still appearing.
Old 20-03-2013, 12:07   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I feel a format coming on..
Old 20-03-2013, 12:15   #20
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
It's still appearing.
Can you do a screen shot of whats in your start up (msconfig).
Old 20-03-2013, 12:20   #21
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
It's still appearing.
I know this might take a while but can you print screen the entries in MSCONFIG take a few so we see the full list

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Can you do a screen shot of whats in your start up (msconfig).
gmta

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

I personally would stop everything except AV in there and perhaps touchpad if its a laptop. Some will say there is a risk in this but if you take a restore point before you do it you should be able to restore using safe mode or a boot cd for which os it is . Vista to win 8 has this option from boot

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

perhaps screen shop your programs list also
Old 20-03-2013, 18:38   #22
Tinky
To err is human

OK tizme here goes, that is all that are ticked:-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg msconfig.JPG (92.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 20-03-2013, 22:12   #23
tizmeinnit

ok that looks healthy . What is it that triggers it? there should be a way of stopping these kinda things
Old 20-03-2013, 22:31   #24
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Ideally you wouldn't be disabling it as those warnings are usually helpful in keeping you safe. Having an out of date flash player means you can be infected with a virus from simply visiting a web site, hence them warning you about it.

I have seen other computers recently that have had flash upgraded but the browser tells them to get the latest version, so I don't think the PBell software has its knickers in a twist this time. Resolved the problem in the other pc's by uninstalling flash from the control panel>add/remove programs, then the same with the browser they were using. Rebooted and then installed the browser, rebooted to be safe and then downloaded and installed the latest flash.

Hopefully that works for you but if not, and you are happy to remove the Packard Software, you can probably do it through the control panel or by scrolling down in that MSCONFIG list and untick the entry that probably has Packard Bell in the directory name somewhere.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 23:23   #25
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Ideally you wouldn't be disabling it as those warnings are usually helpful in keeping you safe. Having an out of date flash player means you can be infected with a virus from simply visiting a web site, hence them warning you about it.

I have seen other computers recently that have had flash upgraded but the browser tells them to get the latest version, so I don't think the PBell software has its knickers in a twist this time. Resolved the problem in the other pc's by uninstalling flash from the control panel>add/remove programs, then the same with the browser they were using. Rebooted and then installed the browser, rebooted to be safe and then downloaded and installed the latest flash.

Hopefully that works for you but if not, and you are happy to remove the Packard Software, you can probably do it through the control panel or by scrolling down in that MSCONFIG list and untick the entry that probably has Packard Bell in the directory name somewhere.

So I guess you have not read much in this thread? I have already guided her through all that and if you look at the screen shot you will see nothing is running. Also PB stuff removed from add remove programs been done. Flash player uninstalled rebooted yadda yadda all been tried

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Tink I am finding something confusing why is there Acer power management on a Packard bell machine?
Old 21-03-2013, 07:18   #26
Tinky
To err is human

[QUOTE
---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Tink I am finding something confusing why is there Acer power management on a Packard bell machine?[/QUOTE]

According to Wikipedia Packard Bell is currently a Dutch computer manufacturer and a subsidiary of Acer Tizmeinnit. We learn something new every day.
Old 21-03-2013, 09:33   #27
tizmeinnit

Well I didn't know that I thought TDG owned PB
Old 21-03-2013, 10:00   #28
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Well I didn't know that I thought TDG owned PB
IIRC DSG had an exclusivity deal with Packard Bell, but it was part of the NEC group, who then sold it off to Acer at some point, anyway, there was a topic somewhere
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 19:57   #29
Hazelfb
cf.member

Hazelfb is an unknown quantity at this point

Several years after this thread began, a Windows 10 update in July 2021 has removed Adobe Flash Player from my Packard Bell device (EasyNote TJ65) because it is no longer supported by Adobe. However, I now get a Packard Bell message telling me to update to the latest version of Flash Player ... every day ... every time I have been inactive on my laptop for a short while.
How do I get rid of this Packard Bell pop up message, please?
Hazelfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 20:04   #30
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

had a quick scan back and if the follow the earlier instructions from start up that may fix it

At a guess one of the Packard Bell bloatware apps uses flash and now fails so if you stop it running it should stop the warning
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote