Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New V6 20.9.1 Software Bug

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New V6 20.9.1 Software Bug

Old 12-07-2019, 11:54   #1
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
New V6 20.9.1 Software Bug

Had the new software 20.9.1. update to my 2 V6 boxes yesterday which has resulted in severe sound stuttering to some videos on the V6 YouTube app, rendering them unwatchable. These same YT channels via the V6 were working fine before the new software update.
The same YT video content also plays back fine on all my other devices, so it is clearly a fault with the V6 new software and its compatibility with the YT app since the update.
I have tried changing the V6 video output format settings too, but has made no difference.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2019, 12:06   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New V6 20.9.1 Software Bug

What video settings have you tried, and what's your TV make and model?
Old 12-07-2019, 12:12   #3
fox35
cf.addict

fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
What video settings have you tried?
Hi, I have tried all the outputs, except 2160, but to no avail. It is now set back to 1080p, were it always has been with no issues.
The fault is only on some of my favourite YT channels, which previously played back fine on 1080p before this new software update.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:53   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Have you enabled the passthrough option?
Old 12-07-2019, 13:01   #5
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Have you enabled the passthrough option?
Thanks, Yes. Ive tried all the available options but problem persists.
Old 12-07-2019, 13:04   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

What's the make and model of the TV?
Old 12-07-2019, 13:23   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Also can you give a couple of examples of videos that do it? (PM me if you want)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 22:05   #8
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

I have found that the YouTube videos at 1080p60 have sound dropouts every few seconds. It's as if the forced scaling by the V6 to 1080p50 is causing the problem.
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 22:38   #9
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner45 View Post
I have found that the YouTube videos at 1080p60 have sound dropouts every few seconds. It's as if the forced scaling by the V6 to 1080p50 is causing the problem.
Thanks for your reply, where is this info?
I had an idea it was connected to the 60hz, as it was only effecting video that were done at 60hz. I noticed my 2 TV settings was trying to switch everytime it occurred on both of my boxes and reverting to 50hz.
So the new update is not 60hz compatible?
Old 13-07-2019, 08:23   #10
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I don't think 60Hz was ever supported by VM - it has never been is their passthru list.

I've tried a few 60Hz videos this morning - the first one did a couple of audio skips but was fine when I restarted it.

I'll do some more playing later.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 09:35   #11
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I don't think 60Hz was ever supported by VM - it has never been is their passthru list.

I've tried a few 60Hz videos this morning - the first one did a couple of audio skips but was fine when I restarted it.

I'll do some more playing later.
Thanks ozsat!
Old 13-07-2019, 17:00   #12
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Not found any more but there is a similar report about audo problems in the Sky forums.
Perhaps Youtube have some sort of issue.
We really need some of your examples to check.
Old 14-07-2019, 12:31   #13
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Not found any more but there is a similar report about audo problems in the Sky forums.
Perhaps Youtube have some sort of issue.
We really need some of your examples to check.
Hi and thanks, here is just one example of sound dropping out every couple of seconds..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi46ddV1hew a
This occurs on both my V6 boxes, only since the update, but still playback correctly on all my other devices (tablets, laptop, phones etc).
I have called VM CS a couple of times but all they do is remote reboot my boxes, which I have done myself too along with output setting changes, but with no luck.
Old 14-07-2019, 12:59   #14
ozsat
cf.mega poster

That one drops here too.

Well it did drop to start with but is fine after a couple of minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Hi and thanks, here is just one example of sound dropping out every couple of seconds..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi46ddV1hew a
This occurs on both my V6 boxes, only since the update, but still playback correctly on all my other devices (tablets, laptop, phones etc).
I have called VM CS a couple of times but all they do is remote reboot my boxes, which I have done myself too along with output setting changes, but with no luck.

Last edited by ozsat; 14-07-2019 at 13:08.
Old 05-11-2019, 19:03   #15
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see virgin still haven't fixed this bug
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote