Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Network or Router Fault?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Network or Router Fault?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:06   #1
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold
Network or Router Fault?

Ok guys

I have a connection with VM and an adsl with TT

here the stats from both

adsl

cable
day before
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

last night

adsl is for about 1 month and seems very stable and always like that in the graff's monitor

cable last few days seems very congested example untill 8 pm (at monitor last night's graff)
few other days with cable was worst lately

However i reset the SH then it wont synchronise
i had to reset 4-5 times when finally it did

as you see from monitor after 9 pm jitter it gone massive down and got for first time jitter 0 with VM

SH is with modem mode and i use a vigor 2850n (which i have not reset but i reboot it)

So after 8-9pm (SH was reset) and adsl connected back to build in vigor's modem

Now the adsl has got the jitter (lot of yellow) and the cable connection is much less yellow

Any one knows what is going On
could be the draytek vigor or network really????

Thanks
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33   #2
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Network or Router Fault?

Check if any of your IP's have changed
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 13:31   #3
babis3g
Inactive

babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

the IP address of virgin media have changed with SH alone but when i connect to the vigor is coming back the same old one
also the Talk Talk has change as well because they use dynamic
Old 07-06-2012, 14:49   #4
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Set up some new graphs and see how that looks
Old 07-06-2012, 15:23   #5
babis3g
Inactive

before was not much yellow, now it is even with idle connection

now the opposite vm congestion seems nothing & before was full yellow and packet loss
Old 07-06-2012, 15:51   #6
pabscars
Inactive

I think you may have misunderstood my point, double check that the IP address's being used by the Think broadband ping monitor's are still correct.

I suspect with all your rebooting that your devices are now using different IP addresses and therfore the information you are now seeing is basically someone elses connection.

So start some more from scratch if your not sure what I mean
Old 07-06-2012, 16:30   #7
babis3g
Inactive

thanks for reply
all Ip addresses from TBB monitor are correct with the ones now

will go work soon but will try later some other 2850n firmware which some users at draytek forums states will synchronise better with less errors and less line attenuator
Old 07-06-2012, 16:45   #8
pabscars
Inactive

In that case I wouldn't worry too much, your virgin monitor now looks respectable and your TT aint too bad. Yes the TT one shows some large spikes which I would hazard a guess at usage somewhere on your network.

I would leave things alone for a bit and see if it sorts itself out
Old 07-06-2012, 16:55   #9
babis3g
Inactive

hmmmm you properly right about TT
last night i got disconnected from TT and phone line was dead as well so i guess they doing some kind of work at exchange or TT LLU side(no cabinet for me,is direct line) so i will leave thinks as it is and see how will turn up(follow your advise)
THANK YOUUUU
Old 07-06-2012, 16:58   #10
pabscars
Inactive

Makes sense

Your welcome