Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2019, 09:20   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 51,801
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
PS5 thread

With the PS5 coming here are some of the latest details on what Sony's next-generation console might include when it comes out.


https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pl...NLS-04-10aaa1d
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2019, 09:57   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

As expected it will be backwards compatible with PS4 games, so that is great.

I expect the PS5 to easily run every game at 4K with an acceptable frame rate but claims from Cerny that the PS5 will support 8K will miss lead alot of people. I can't see it running games at 8K but i guess it could easily be compatible with the Youtube app and movies, but who has an 8K TV or needs one.

The PS5 and Xbox2 will be very close this next generation in my opinion and any fanboy argument will come down to my console can run 5 frames faster than yours blah blah blah! or my console has more exclusives than yours blah blah blah.

I won't be jumping in right away i am happy with my PS4 Pro and i will wait a year or so for the prices to drop and for them to fix any issues with it.
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 10:05   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 51,801
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: PS5 thread

Yes l am certainly happy with it being backwards compatible with PS4 games but as like you l think its best to wait a while.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 02:22   #4
Gavin78
Ice Cold
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leeds, Seacroft
Age: 41
Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Posts: 1,495
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: PS5 thread

Considering 2080ti cards at over 1k can't run 4k games at a constant smooth 60fps not inc the rest of the parts in the pc probably best part of £1,700+

I'm not convinced the PS5 will do any better and still keep a budget of under £500 especially with the supplied SSD as well.

The 8k is video output but they have been very canny in how they have being wording it you have to read through the specs to see it's not 8k gaming despite a lot of sites wording it that way.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 06:33   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 38
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,912
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

I don't need a PS5 yet. I just got a PS4 Pro this week and have many games to catch up on, so feel the next gen is still likely to be at least 2020 or even 2021 before a release nevermind being worthy of purchasing within 12 months or so.

With both current machines both having their shelf life extended with the Pro and X models and the having a good while left to go in them I don't see the need for a next gen yet. I still don't even have a 4K TV nevermind 8K. Same for broadcast TV hardly going near 4K yet.any channels still being in SD.

They are going the gun slightly.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: raystantz_84
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 09:47   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Considering 2080ti cards at over 1k can't run 4k games at a constant smooth 60fps not inc the rest of the parts in the pc probably best part of £1,700+

I'm not convinced the PS5 will do any better and still keep a budget of under £500 especially with the supplied SSD as well.

The 8k is video output but they have been very canny in how they have being wording it you have to read through the specs to see it's not 8k gaming despite a lot of sites wording it that way.
We can only hope as the Xbox One X is far more powerful than the PS4 Pro and i know from reviews the visuals are native 4K on Red Dead compared to the PS4 Pro so there should be a pretty good improvement but most games need to be able to do native 4K or both consoles will get panned.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't need a PS5 yet. I just got a PS4 Pro this week and have many games to catch up on, so feel the next gen is still likely to be at least 2020 or even 2021 before a release nevermind being worthy of purchasing within 12 months or so.

With both current machines both having their shelf life extended with the Pro and X models and the having a good while left to go in them I don't see the need for a next gen yet. I still don't even have a 4K TV nevermind 8K. Same for broadcast TV hardly going near 4K yet.any channels still being in SD.

They are going the gun slightly.
What model of Pro did you get, hopefully it is the latest 2716b as the others suffer from noise and can sound like a jet engine when playing with a 4K TV?

When you get a 4K TV get a good 1 atleast 49in and HDR10+ so you will get the full benefit of HDR visuals, which look fantastic on the Pro and normal PS4.
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 08:25   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 38
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,912
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

I think it is 7016B that I have. The guy I bought it from had hardly used it for gaming.

TBH when using boost mode playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider with higher resolution the fan does get loud but no louder than my Xbox 360 used to sound.

I'll probably go for around a 55" as my currently Samsung is 46" and has a relatively large frame/border. Its now 8 years old and was a first gen 3D model.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: raystantz_84
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 09:49   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think it is 7016B that I have. The guy I bought it from had hardly used it for gaming.

TBH when using boost mode playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider with higher resolution the fan does get loud but no louder than my Xbox 360 used to sound.

I'll probably go for around a 55" as my currently Samsung is 46" and has a relatively large frame/border. Its now 8 years old and was a first gen 3D model.
Boost mode is meant to be the quiet mode for noisy PS4 Pro when not using with a 4K TV so if the noise gets too much for you when you get a 4K TV you can always sell it at CEX (current cash prices £156-£168) and look at getting hold of the 7216b model which for me is very quiet.

But you may have got one of the good early models so don't worry about it yet.
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster

Last edited by SnoopZ; 22-04-2019 at 09:58.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:02   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 38
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,912
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

I don't find it too noisy nor do I ever expect a modern console to be silent due to the cooling involved.

Quiet mode? Boost mode enables those games without a 'Pro' patch to run fast and or smoother using some of the extra processing power to make the games run better. Didn't think it could be classed as a quiet mode.

I don't really see PS5 looking all that much better than current gen as they are already looking spectacular.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: raystantz_84
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 14:30   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't find it too noisy nor do I ever expect a modern console to be silent due to the cooling involved.

Quiet mode? Boost mode enables those games without a 'Pro' patch to run fast and or smoother using some of the extra processing power to make the games run better. Didn't think it could be classed as a quiet mode.

I don't really see PS5 looking all that much better than current gen as they are already looking spectacular.
I used that term to explain the PS4 Pro issue, what is happening is people that have earlier models of the console pre 7216b have noted that when running it with a 4K TV there is a good chance it will sound like a 'Jet Engine' you only have to google PS4 Pro jet engine to see the reports but the same console is quiet when using it with a 1080P TV.

My 7216b is dead quiet, i was concerned before i bought it as it would drive my partner nuts but she says it is quieter than my old PS4 1TB, even playing taxing games like GOW and RDR2.

p.s just about to send you a PSN invite i guess martymcfly88 is the correct one?
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster

Last edited by SnoopZ; 22-04-2019 at 14:43.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 15:03   #11
Mythica
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 531
Mythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant futureMythica has a brilliant future
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't find it too noisy nor do I ever expect a modern console to be silent due to the cooling involved.

Quiet mode? Boost mode enables those games without a 'Pro' patch to run fast and or smoother using some of the extra processing power to make the games run better. Didn't think it could be classed as a quiet mode.

I don't really see PS5 looking all that much better than current gen as they are already looking spectacular.



People say that every generation. Of course it will look better, much better.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 20:51   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 38
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,912
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I used that term to explain the PS4 Pro issue, what is happening is people that have earlier models of the console pre 7216b have noted that when running it with a 4K TV there is a good chance it will sound like a 'Jet Engine' you only have to google PS4 Pro jet engine to see the reports but the same console is quiet when using it with a 1080P TV.

My 7216b is dead quiet, i was concerned before i bought it as it would drive my partner nuts but she says it is quieter than my old PS4 1TB, even playing taxing games like GOW and RDR2.

p.s just about to send you a PSN invite i guess martymcfly88 is the correct one?
Using it in boost mode on a q080p tv I can't say it's that quiet, the fans do kick in majorly. If I turn off boost and it's essentially just running games the same as the standard console then it's pretty quiet. Boost still uses all the extra cpu and gpu power to output a better experience.

Yes that's still my ID although currently not able to login. I forgot my psn was linked to my old ntlworld email which I no longer have. So can't reset my password. Sony won't let me change the email ID as I can't send them a copy of my passport as it's expired and I don't have a drivers licence. Trying to sort something out though.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: raystantz_84
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 23:26   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Using it in boost mode on a q080p tv I can't say it's that quiet, the fans do kick in majorly. If I turn off boost and it's essentially just running games the same as the standard console then it's pretty quiet. Boost still uses all the extra cpu and gpu power to output a better experience.

Yes that's still my ID although currently not able to login. I forgot my psn was linked to my old ntlworld email which I no longer have. So can't reset my password. Sony won't let me change the email ID as I can't send them a copy of my passport as it's expired and I don't have a drivers licence. Trying to sort something out though.
Good luck getting it back, might be easier just renewing your passport if that is the only way, this is why it is a bad idea to use ISP email addresses for signing into places.

I recommend using LASTPASS with all your passwords then you never have to remember and everything is more secure.

If/when you get it back setup 2fa with your mobile for recovery.
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 00:13   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 38
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,912
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

I had been using the email for 12 years and when switch3d to Sky changed everything to my gmail, but totally forgot about that as I had sold my PS3 by that time. However I am sure my account got hacked ad taken over.
Same thing happened with my USA storeaccount, but luckily they got it all sorted over chat I I then enabled 2 step verification on the account. UK seem more identity secure. Also password is not what I remember it being and tried every other thing I would possibly have used.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: raystantz_84
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 11:07   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog
 
SnoopZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,642
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I had been using the email for 12 years and when switch3d to Sky changed everything to my gmail, but totally forgot about that as I had sold my PS3 by that time. However I am sure my account got hacked ad taken over.
Same thing happened with my USA storeaccount, but luckily they got it all sorted over chat I I then enabled 2 step verification on the account. UK seem more identity secure. Also password is not what I remember it being and tried every other thing I would possibly have used.
Do you think you will get it recovered anytime soon or are you going to start fresh?
__________________
PSN: Snoopzster
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:29.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.