Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Old 03-05-2019, 21:10   #61
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It's £139 for existing customers. VM have always done prices like that on their websites.
£139!!! £1668 a year......For that I'd want a month in the Bahamas.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2019, 21:20   #62
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Thought it would be O well nothing ventured nothing gained and as you say Mad Max they can stuff it at £139
How much are you paying for VIP? Its £129.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Well they can ram it at that price!!
Nothing wrong with the price for the full quad package.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 21:29   #63
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ring and ask for the £99 price. Worked for me.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 19:40   #64
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
How much are you paying for VIP? Its £129.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Nothing wrong with the price for the full quad package.
So you're happy with an overpriced sub then?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 20:34   #65
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
So you're happy with an overpriced sub then?
Overpriced to what? How much is a standalone 500Mb or equivalent (lower) broadband. How much is an unlimited sim card? How much is a full TV package including sports and movies in HD. How much is the equivalent landline package?
Old 05-05-2019, 21:03   #66
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
The Virgin Media website is pretty clear. Its £99 for the first 12 months then £139. The £139 is what an existing customer would pay unless you work out a deal, which you did but then didn't go ahead with it. The way it reads, you just got in contact just to waste their time.
You asked a question, I gave you the answer. It looks to me like you had formed a snide comment in your head before you asked the question.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Quote:
Well they can ram it at that price!!
They sure can at £139, I think that £99 is still too expensive as well. I'm thinking of upgrading my basic phone to a smart phone and might have taken it at £80, but the nonsense that was spouted about the contractual agreement put me off ie it's £80 until May 2020 and then when that contract expires, it's £99 until.... May 2020. It hardly instilled me with confidence that things would go smoothly.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 21:11   #67
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You asked a question, I gave you the answer. It looks to me like you had formed a snide comment in your head before you asked the question.

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

They sure can at £139, I think that £99 is still too expensive as well. I'm thinking of upgrading my basic phone to a smart phone and might have taken it at £80, but the nonsense that was spouted about the contractual agreement put me off ie it's £80 until May 2020 and then when that contract expires, it's £99 until.... May 2020. It hardly instilled me with confidence that things would go smoothly.
Based on what you had written on a public forum "so I had to say stop waffling and just give me the price" plus you think £99 is overpriced which is the cost to new customers. So what are you enquiring about a package that you believe is expensive at the new customer price that rises after 12 months anyway.

Can I just ask how £99 is too expensive for a quad play service which includes an unlimited sim card?
Old 05-05-2019, 21:16   #68
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Based on what you had written on a public forum "so I had to say stop waffling and just give me the price" plus you think £99 is overpriced which is the cost to new customers. So what are you enquiring about a package that you believe is expensive at the new customer price that rises after 12 months anyway.

Can I just ask how £99 is too expensive for a quad play service which includes an unlimited sim card?
Yes, before we were cabled up in my area, I was paying BT about £120 a month just for the phone calls and charges!

So I think 100 quid for phone, broadband, sim card and the Full House TV service is a bargain!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 21:20   #69
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Overpriced to what? How much is a standalone 500Mb or equivalent (lower) broadband. How much is an unlimited sim card? How much is a full TV package including sports and movies in HD. How much is the equivalent landline package?
Who's talking about sim cards? In my vew £139 for the top package is way too expensive, fine if you have money to burn!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 21:37   #70
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

£139 is pricy but back in the day I was over £120 for Sky+, mulitroom, Telewest mid tier broadband, unlimited phone and Setanta in 2004. In real terms that’s £180 now!
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 22:22   #71
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Who's talking about sim cards? In my vew £139 for the top package is way too expensive, fine if you have money to burn!
Well we are talking about the VVIP package aren't we? It includes an unlimited sim card so adds to the value. But you didn't answer the question, how much are all 4 services from other providers or separately from VM?
Old 06-05-2019, 11:02   #72
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Does the £99/£139 prices include line rental?.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Ignore noticed that it does include line rental.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 15:07   #73
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

That's correct. I knew what it included, I simply wanted a price without all the waffle and spin.

Whether something is good value or not is a personal choice based upon needs and what a product offers.
As he couldn't even present the basics to me in a logical and understandable format, I terminated the chat.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Does the £99/£139 prices include line rental?.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Ignore noticed that it does include line rental.
I'm glad you brought up the subject of line rental. Those who paid for Line Rental Saver lose out as it's already been paid, maybe that's why I was offered a further £19 discount (but he tried to make out he was doing me a favour).
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 15:19   #74
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That's correct. I knew what it included, I simply wanted a price without all the waffle and spin.

Whether something is good value or not is a personal choice based upon needs and what a product offers.
As he couldn't even present the basics to me in a logical and understandable format, I terminated the chat.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

I'm glad you brought up the subject of line rental. Those who paid for Line Rental Saver lose out as it's already been paid, maybe that's why I was offered a further £19 discount (but he tried to make out he was doing me a favour).
The price is all over VMs website. No waffle or spin, it's there. I think your attitude to VM staff is disgraceful even if they are getting stuff wrong.

If someone doesn't need the VVIP package then of course its not going to be good value. At it's most expensive of £139 it still represents good value if you want the quad package. It's the top package they offer, how much cheaper do people want it to be.
Old 06-05-2019, 15:56   #75
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

In other words Richard thinks he’s above paying the RRP on the website. Which is fine, but he can’t complain when he phones teams who will be under pressure to not offer discounts and finds there’s variation in the answer that he gets.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote