Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2021, 16:18   #4801
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
“Up shit creek nix paddle” would have been poetic licence!
Well, our COVID death rate is nearly twice that of Germany’s, so your schadenfreude may be a little misplaced...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2021, 17:01   #4802
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, our COVID death rate is nearly twice that of Germany’s, so your schadenfreude may be a little misplaced...
Indeed, I don't know what the german is for schadenfreude but they can certainly look at our record with a certain inner smugness.
Old 17-04-2021, 17:07   #4803
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My Brazilian friend who lives in Thailand was screaming at her TV earlier as they are reporting from Brazil saying that babies and toddlers are dying due to the new variant.

1300 babies so far, and it's climbing fast.

She has no kids of her own, but her sisters back in Brazil all have baby grandkids.
Old 17-04-2021, 17:09   #4804
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Got my second Pfizer jab earlier today, all went well.
Old 18-04-2021, 21:06   #4805
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Got my second Pfizer jab earlier today, all went well.

Good to hear !

I had my first AstraZeneca jab last Tuesday at about 6pm by 9pm I was laid up in bed shivers, fever, thumping headache, exhausted. Stayed there for two days. Still have sore throat and a horrible metallic taste in my mouth & tenderness in the injection site.
Old 18-04-2021, 21:16   #4806
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have had the AZ jab and suffered minor cold like symptoms, plus a sore arm.

Both my sister and Brother In-Law and big reactions, both felt like crap and struggled the following day.

I'm wondering if I had a lesser effect as I might have already had Covid-19 back in January 2nd 2020, I remember sitting on my sofa and shivering, I went to bed at 20:30 and waking up at 08:30 on the 4th, I still felt like crap for the week.

Looking back IIRC the experts believed that covid-19 was here in late 2019.
Old 18-04-2021, 23:53   #4807
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm wondering if I had a lesser effect as I might have already had Covid-19 back in January 2nd 2020, I remember sitting on my sofa and shivering, I went to bed at 20:30 and waking up at 08:30 on the 4th, I still felt like crap for the week.
On average people who have had COVID get worse after-effects from the vaccines: https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vacci...eady-had-covid
(The low number of people reporting any after-effects there surprises me. Nearly everyone I know has suffered something or other. I had a week-long headache)

There were certainly some strange things going around in early 2020. Mrs P and I both had very weird "colds" in February 2020. I can't remember the details now, but it was nothing like anything we'd had before.
Old 19-04-2021, 12:34   #4808
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Finally, BoJo wakes up, smells the coffee and cancels his trip to India.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56800305
Old 19-04-2021, 13:10   #4809
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Finally, BoJo wakes up, smells the coffee and cancels his trip to India.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56800305

India needs adding to the RED list ASAP.
Old 19-04-2021, 17:22   #4810
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
India needs adding to the RED list ASAP.
Hom3r talks, the Government listens - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56806103

Do you do requests?
Old 19-04-2021, 17:47   #4811
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Hom3r talks, the Government listens - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56806103

Do you do requests?
Quote:
From 04:00 BST on Friday, most people who have travelled from India in the last 10 days will be refused entry.

There are 12 flights arriving from India at Heathrow alone over the next three days (so around 4,000 passengers).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 19-04-2021 at 17:54.
Old 19-04-2021, 20:31   #4812
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

There are 12 flights arriving from India at Heathrow alone over the next three days (so around 4,000 passengers).
Brilliant, just let them wander in and start another bloody spike, the flights should be banned right now, not Friday ffs.
Old 20-04-2021, 02:15   #4813
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Covid re-infection trial to start.

Old 20-04-2021, 12:38   #4814
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Brilliant, just let them wander in and start another bloody spike, the flights should be banned right now, not Friday ffs.
Agreed, the opposition parties have been saying this for some time now and finally BoJo has woken up. In the 21st century, I don't see why so many people need to visit the UK during a pandemic.
Old 20-04-2021, 12:43   #4815
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

... and how many of these flights from India carry people who are fleeing Covid?

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread