Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 27-02-2014, 15:01   #1021
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Disability benefit delays cause 'distress'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26356623

Quote:
Disabled people are facing "distress and financial difficulties" owing to the slow processing of claims under a new benefit scheme, a report has found.
Old 27-02-2014, 15:28   #1022
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That is disgraceful, sorry if this appears to be a silly question but if someone was on the old benefit and was awarded it indefinitely, why not just switch them over to the new benefit if their illness has not changed any that to me would make sense, I can understand people need to make a fresh claim when there award period runs out but life awarded or awarded it indefinitely or what ever it is means to me there is little chance of the illness getting better or why be awarded that in the first place or have I got that wrong, but reading this thread I hope I never have to claim as it seems a nightmare, and TBH before I joined cable forum in December I was under the impression it was easy to stay on once awarded how wrong was I.
Old 27-02-2014, 15:35   #1023
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

They have moved the goalposts (of course) so a pre-existing "indefinite" award of DLA may very well not qualify for PIP.

If your circumstances change, better or worse, you must inform them and undergo PIP evaluation.

Many are justifiably worried, especially with the ATOS horror stories they hear.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 15:42   #1024
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Disgraceful ... that they can do this IMO ...
Old 27-02-2014, 15:46   #1025
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

One suspects 50% of those who were on a pre-existing "indefinite" award of DLA will not qualify when they have to undergo the new PIP evaluation but my advice is to try not to get stressed but that's easier said then done for some where the worry of it all can get on top of them all very easily and my advice is when it comes to advice contact CAB , DIAC or one of the helpful online sites such as Benefits and Works which gives good information about current and forthcoming benefit changes.
Old 27-02-2014, 15:54   #1026
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

You can get high rate mobility DLA even if you can run 100m in under 10 seconds. I think I've nearly achieved that - I wish (yes I get HRM). But I think the goal post have moved quite a distance under PIP and I don't think many are going to be happy. I'm not holding out for any good news but it is too early to say. At the moment it's not good for new claimants, if it carries on like it is now all I can do is hope things change before I get called up.
Old 27-02-2014, 15:57   #1027
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You can get high rate mobility DLA even if you can run 100m in under 10 seconds. I think I've nearly achieved that (yes I get HRM). But I think the goal post have moved quite a distance under PIP and I don't think many are going to be happy. I'm not holding out for any good news but it is too early to say. At the moment it's not good for new claimants, if it carries on like it is now all I can do is hope things change before I get called up.
If you can walk more then 20 yards in a regular gait and unaided then claimants are highly unlikely to get the new PIP mobility award.
Old 27-02-2014, 16:00   #1028
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If you can walk more then 20 yards in a regular gait and unaided then claimants are highly unlikely to get the new PIP mobility award.
I was being honest when under DLA you can run 100m without any problems you can qualify for HRM. This is due to the severe incontinence rule. I expect this to have changed under PIP.
Old 27-02-2014, 16:11   #1029
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I hope you stay on it Peanut, as I can't see them changing the severe incontinence rule after all if they suffer severe diarrhoea for a day or two I wonder if they would go out on public transport or to work. I know I for one would be too scared to risk it ... like I have said before I know someone with Crohn's and it is a horrible illness, she does not know from one day to the next as how severe it is going to be and she has become a recluse since this illness has took hold of her, she used to be so out going it's a wee shame what it has done to her as she now suffer's from depression through it...
Old 27-02-2014, 16:18   #1030
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Yes the new PiP system does worry me constantly nothing I hear about it from the RNIB leads me to have positive thoughts
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 16:18   #1031
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I hope you stay on it Peanut, as I can't see them changing the severe incontinence rule after all if they suffer severe diarrhoea for a day or two I wonder if they would go out on public transport or to work. I know I for one would be too scared to risk it ... like I have said before I know someone with Crohn's and it is a horrible illness, she does not know from one day to the next as how severe it is going to be and she has become a recluse since this illness has took hold of her, she used to be so out going it's a wee shame what it has done to her as she now suffer's from depression through it...
That's just it though isn't it, they don't have a clue just some guide line they have to follow.

I wouldn't know if I have food poisoning, bowel cancer or anything like that. The only way you can explain it to people is that is like have food poisoning or D&V (Diarrhoea & Vomiting) but for every day of your life. To go out to local shop its a risk and a gamble and you do end up being housebound. But the guide lines states a mild tummy upset with frequent periods of remission.

How many fit people would go out with D&V if they had it or even if their stomach feels just that little bit off, or just severe nausea? Just for one day?

I'm classed as severe now because most of my intestines are scarred up and don't work, so I don't have any periods of remission, drugs no longer work so and it's equivalent to a constant full blown flare up without anything other than pain meds and constant hotwater bottles on the go.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg, the pain (severe) and the 101 other things associated to Crohn's. Yeah it's just a tummy upset and we go to loo a bit more often than other people. Yeah right.

And no you do not get used to it. Just adapt and get through it day by day.
Old 27-02-2014, 16:23   #1032
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Sanctions are happening all over the place now.
hundreds and thousands of peoples money are being stopped. and it's ever increasing.

it's benefit paid on performance now.
you don't perform. you lose your money. you can't pay gas and electric. you can't pay bills. you can't eat.

the few options you have when this occurs is to beg, steal or borrow.
nobody gives to beggers, nobody to borrow off as they've got no spare cash. but plenty of people to steal off.

it's all going down hill rapidly. things are not going to improve.
these people are going to have to do what they have to do to survive.

they're not going to sit at home. keeping out of trouble and eating bread crumbs.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 16:50   #1033
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Not sure I see how incontinence can be helped with mobility money. Even with access to a car it will take time to get anywhere. An overarching criteria for high rate mobility is that you have to be able to "benefit from enhanced locomotion"

I deal with that sort of problem by not leaving my flat until I'm sure it will be ok. There are times when my mobility is so restricted that the distance to cover in my small flat, is too great, I have to not eat for days on end, Sometimes as long as a week.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 16:52   #1034
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
That's just it though isn't it, they don't have a clue just some guide line they have to follow.

And no you do not get used to it. Just adapt and get through it day by day.
I honestly do not know how you do it Peanut ... and the stress of having to reclaim the Government should be ashamed of themselves putting people like you through this stress and worry, but like I say the sick/vulnerable are easy targets for them sadly...IMO makes me so
Old 27-02-2014, 16:56   #1035
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Not sure I see how incontinence can be helped with mobility money. Even with access to a car it will take time to get anywhere. An overarching criteria for high rate mobility is that you have to be able to "benefit from enhanced locomotion"

I deal with that sort of problem by not leaving my flat until I'm sure it will be ok. There are times when my mobility is so restricted that the distance to cover in my small flat, is too great, I have to not eat for days on end, Sometimes as long as a week.
If you need to go out for any reason you need at least 3-4 days notice. 1 to get your head around it and plan, the others to starve yourself to make sure you're able to get out with as less stress as possible. Though starving yourself when you're under 9st and no hope of putting on weight isn't the best thing to do.