Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 29-08-2019, 14:15   #166
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I got my letter today going up £4 a month so that puts my current XL TV, weekend calls and 350meg BB to £88 a month.

Time to give them a call or leave might even have to start looking at sky tv with BB

My similar pack was £73 going up £4- agreed to £2 increase with increase in BB to 350 from 200. XL now Maxit.
Old 30-08-2019, 16:22   #167
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I was on the vip bundle, now on the ultimate ooomph for £89 for another 12 months. Was paying £75 for VIP and £20 for a unlimited sim so well happy with the outcome. Didn’t have to pay £35 and no price increase.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 15:32   #168
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I got my letter today going up £4 a month so that puts my current XL TV, weekend calls and 350meg BB to £88 a month.

Time to give them a call or leave might even have to start looking at sky tv with BB
Hope you have given them a call gavin78.I am on the same package as you and I pay £56,but I pay the line rental yearly.I also have a £4 increase.My discount ends 29th September,so I may give them another call soon.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 18:49   #169
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Cut The TV bit completely from the next bill. With Son's Amazon, a Now TV bargain of around £28 for six months and new Arial for the Smart TV most of what we watch is available.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 16:23   #170
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

NowTV prices are going up. I just got an email informing me that from 9 October the Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £8.99 a month. NowTV is also increasing the price of the Sky Sports Day Pass by a further pound - the second increase since February this year. Last year the Sky Sports Day Pass the cost £7.99. Now it’s £9.99.

Last edited by nialli; 05-09-2019 at 16:27.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 19:27   #171
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
NowTV prices are going up. I just got an email informing me that from 9 October the Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £8.99 a month. NowTV is also increasing the price of the Sky Sports Day Pass by a further pound - the second increase since February this year. Last year the Sky Sports Day Pass the cost £7.99. Now it’s £9.99.
Luckily no one pays full price for Now TV, or they shouldn't be doing seeing it is easy to get them somewhere heavily discounted.
Old 06-09-2019, 15:42   #172
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Luckily no one pays full price for Now TV, or they shouldn't be doing seeing it is easy to get them somewhere heavily discounted.
Yes, and it's good that they're unable to limit offers to 'new customers' only, as most of us dip in and out depending on what's showing, so we're all 'new customers' I don't think I've ever paid full price for NowTV Entertainment.
I wonder what ever happened to the promised HD version? The 720 is good but they'll never compete with Netflix, Amazon etc while not HD
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 17:34   #173
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just on £51 for 300mb n phone, going up to £57 plus the £3:50. Would be £60:50.
I phoned retentions and after 30 minute wait I got put through to a nice Gent who helped me out. This is first time in over 25 years I got a Darn Good Deal...I now pay £43 a month for 6 months, then £47 for rest of it. Pot Luck I suppose.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 03:49   #174
gimpymoo
cf.addict

gimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if there is rhyme/reason to who is getting the price hikes?

I used to get them a lot when I had Movies AND Sports, since I ditched Sports, not got anything this year:

My contract ends in January though so maybe they are clever and realise best to NOT include in price hike to a customer they know will haggle?

Best to keep them paying more for as long as possible?

Cannot wait to get rid of TV and phone.

Having had cable TV for 20 years plus, tech has finally made ditching cable TV viable. I miss the days when the tech was new (Diamond Cable, Maybe 40 channels) and multiple channels were great but personally, when I want to sit on the sofa and channel surf, I just seem to get adverts, maybe just bad timing.

Been a fun ride

Last edited by gimpymoo; 19-09-2019 at 03:54.
gimpymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 21:36   #175
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Virgin seem to be a lot more 'computer says no' this year - Took a lot more effort to get the price down. There also seems to be two levels of retention team now.

Was on 350meg (due to their cock-up), MixTV and phone for £45. Price was to increase to £63!
Now on the same but with a downgrade to 200meg for £48.

Seems reasonable given that the new TV packages seem a bit pants.

As with the last few years, the deal-maker seems to be comparing to Sky (more channels) and mentioning that download speeds on Virgin don't matter to you - "I just need the twenty meg upload"

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 20:04   #176
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I find Virgin is very pot luck with who you get on retentions. I actually put through a disconnection with the intent of moving provider as they didn't give me a good deal, but said other provider screwed the pooch so I rang up reluctantly to cancel the disconnection and got a much better offer and a good credit on the account.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 18:14   #177
trublue
cf.addict

With my discount ending at the end of the month, I tried phoning UK retentions 3 times only to get through to the one in India each time. They offered me a 6-month deal only, which has never happened before as it has always been 12 months, which I found strange. I ended up with a savings of £8 a month, not to be sniffed at, but nowhere near as good as the previous ones I have had. We got onto the payment for next February when my Line Rental Saver ends, I said that's ok, I renew it in early January, she said I can't as they don't do it anymore. What happens if I can't get through to the UK centre? Can anyone offer any advice?
Old 26-09-2019, 18:26   #178
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
What happens if I can't get through to the UK centre? Can anyone offer any advice?
What time did you call them? - They now run from 8>8pm in the UK apparently...

The guy I spoke to, mentioned the 'retaining team' had the ability to change the pricing.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 18:34   #179
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks for the quick reply.I tried around 10.30 ,11.00 and 2pm. Might try 8 pm when I ring next year.
Old 26-09-2019, 18:35   #180
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

As Tom said earlier, there seem to be different levels of Retentions at the moment.

I dialled 150 > thinking of leaving, but didn't seem to be put through to the UK retentions team. After declining their offer, I was asked to call the 0345 customer services. I went through the exact same menu as when I'd called 150, but got through to UK retentions.

The number is 0345 454 1111 - try calling that and you might get through first time.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote