Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

Old 04-08-2018, 07:14   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

Fight confirmed. Feel like Khabib has gotten himself into a no win situation. He'll be slaughtered by the fans if he takes this to the ground, more so after making claims he'll stand and trade with McGregor, in which he'll get slaughtered by McGregor stood up.

Has to be personal for McGregor because he's not shy of a penny these days and was far from needing the fight.
Old 19-09-2018, 15:01   #2
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

It’s getting close adzii, time for your analysis! This is a tough call. If (when) it goes to the ground, I think we know what will happen but there could be a lot of pain before that...

Come on Conor!
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 21:59   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

No real build up to it. I thought McGregor would force Khabib into a punching contest he couldn't win but that's not the case. I'm finding it really hard to see why McGregor wanted this fight and in such fashion given McGregor has beaten people with just his mouth. He has no incentive to take it financially either.

If Khabib stands toe to toe he'll get slaughtered. He's been rocked by way less and McGregor will absolutely put his lights out. As you've said, if Khabib is hell bent on taking it to the floor then I can't envisage a win for McGregor. With that being said, undoubtedly Khabib will be boo'd and he'll forever be tagged with the label that he sat on him for 5 rounds because he was scared to trade shots.

I'd weigh slightly towards Khabib because I think we'll be going down the takedown route. However it has very Aldo feel about it and Khabib could find his title taken away with a single punch.

Obviously it's MMA. Not boxing. However there's a load of negativity building behind Khabib at the minute. It's a spectator sport. If he sits on someone every single time you're eventually going to lose the fans.
Old 22-09-2018, 17:15   #4
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Yep, I agree. I have no idea why Conor is taking on such a dangerous opponent. That said, it's typical of him not to avoid people which is how it should be. Better for us too!
Khabib seems very relaxed and confident and a takedown is sure to happen; if Conor doesn't get the strike in, it could get very messy on the floor. Fair do's, Khabib has the skill to win it; it depends how much fire Conor still has behind all the talk.
Old 01-10-2018, 20:59   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Swear I've seen this exact post with switched events before.

Edit: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...43&postcount=3 Starting to get the impression you're advertising a VPN.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 01-10-2018 at 21:05.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:15   #6
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Swear I've seen this exact post with switched events before.

Edit: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...43&postcount=3 Starting to get the impression you're advertising a VPN.
Eh? Invalid link.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:52   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Eh? Invalid link.
Was forum spam/advertising that was removed. Guy had popped up in the Golovkin thread with the same post and link.
Old 05-10-2018, 00:31   #8
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Was forum spam/advertising that was removed. Guy had popped up in the Golovkin thread with the same post and link.
Ah, I see. Thought I'd said something out of place!
Old 07-10-2018, 07:17   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Khabib retains for now. Hugged him to death as expected but what followed was the most disgraceful thing in the history of UFC. Khabib jumped out and started attacking trainers followed by a fighter attacking conor from behind.

Don't be shocked to potentially see a DQ or a title strip followed by suspension. There will absolutely be a contract termination for the fighters involved that jumped into the ring.

Only round Conor had success was the third but naturally as soon as he starts to land he gets his legs tied up and down to the floor we went. What's there to say though. Khabib fought to his strengths and thus deservededly won but he's truly messed this up something rotten. I think McGregor will be humble but the anti Khabib motion I mentioned earlier just gained millions of more voices.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-10-2018 at 07:44.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:33   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No doubt Khabib should have the book thrown at him as there is a certain etiquette on how to behave in the ring and he firmly broke that etiquette.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:25   #11
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Khabib deserved the win, he fought to his strengths. Shame about the aftermath; all the answers had already been given inside the ring.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:35   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No doubt he did deserve to win but the aftermath left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:43   #13
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

UFC is becoming more WWE than WWE. I'm not saying I think this was planned but the rematch will now be £££££.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:22   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What the hell was that all about?
Old 07-10-2018, 12:29   #15
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Khabib tried to pull McGregor into it in the post match as an excuse and has failed miserably. He's being slammed by pundits and stars alike. It'll be very hard at this point not to withhold his entire purse, remove the title from him and suspend him for a lengthy period.

The actions they took this morning resulted in Both McGregor and a trainer being attacked, McGregor from behind. Fans in attendance were also allegedly caught by blows from Khabib. Police and Security alike are alleging Khabibs team assaulted them.

Whilst Mcgregor has refused to press charges in his own incident, that doesn't clear Khabib for the attack on his trainer and any subsequent audience members, it also doesn't clear his team assaulting police and security.

Media have the actual fight both ways. Some are calling it a mauling and demolition but I struggle to call a guy sat on you for the entirety of round one and two, an iffy third and a submission win a mauling or a demolition. But some people are desperate to see it that way. Khabib wore him out and actually landed a fairly cracking shot in the fight but opted to play this entirely safe. There's been no re-arrangement of the face though as claimed, no mauling to be found here. The reality is Khabib lacks real damaging shots on the ground against top fights and that's something he's going to struggle with when he has to move up weight.

McGregor looked surprisingly rusty and wasn't as fluid as we've come to expect. He hasn't got the ground game needed to offset Khabib if he wont trade punches. As for a rematch though I'm unsure, could always say McGregor has seen the best of Khabib but Khabib hasn't seen the best of McGregor?