Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Poor speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Poor speeds

Old 23-05-2020, 14:03   #1
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Poor speeds

Been experiencing very poor BB speeds since my service came back online

I have run the tests at night, on wifi and via cable connection and roughly getting the same speeds as above I'm supposed to be on the 350MB service

settings on the router look fine:

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

TIA
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2020, 14:10   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Poor speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
Been experiencing very poor BB speeds since my service came back online

I have run the tests at night, on wifi and via cable connection and roughly getting the same speeds as above I'm supposed to be on the 350MB service

settings on the router look fine:

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Provisioning State

TIA
You should be getting 24 down and 4 up channels, try rebooting again it should eventually lock if it hasn't already.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:17   #3
saabmania2

saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You should be getting 24 down and 4 up channels, try rebooting again it should eventually lock if it hasn't already.
Ok thanks I'll give that another go, just got to wait until the boy comes off the PS4
Old 23-05-2020, 14:34   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ok thanks I'll give that another go, just got to wait until the boy comes off the PS4
Check your stats first if you last did it last night.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:35   #5
saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Check your stats first if you last did it last night.
No that last one was this morning, been doing it every couple of hours but It's not changed since it all come up
Old 23-05-2020, 14:40   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
No that last one was this morning, been doing it every couple of hours but It's not changed since it all come up
Quick him off the PS4, you need to get it sorted, it'll take 5mins or so before you know if you have an issue.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:56   #7
saabmania2

Just rebooted and this was the result

Even worse than before

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Provisioning State
Old 23-05-2020, 15:03   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

Even worse than before

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Provisioning State
Ok it looks like you have a fault you will have to get that fixed i am afraid as it looks like your modem isn't locking onto more than 1 channel.

Maybe the service status page for you reports something, but you need it fixed whatever.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-05-2020 at 15:12.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:14   #9
saabmania2

Ok thank you, I'll have to get them in then

thank you for your help and advise
Old 23-05-2020, 15:20   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Ok thank you, I'll have to get them in then

thank you for your help and advise
Check your service and run tests, you maybe able to book an engineer from here too but not sure.

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status
Old 23-05-2020, 15:25   #11
saabmania2

Yeah I've done all that because we lost all services for 4 days this week and this has only happened since the service come back on, funny though as I've just asked a neighbour that also has Virginmedia and his internet has been awful apparently since it's come back on

Trying to phone VM now
Old 23-05-2020, 15:28   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yeah I've done all that because we lost all services for 4 days this week and this has only happened since the service come back on, funny though as I've just asked a neighbour that also has Virginmedia and his internet has been awful apparently since it's come back on
Not just you then, good luck explaining all this to someone on the phone!
Old 23-05-2020, 15:58   #13
saabmania2

Yes I've just has a similar reply by the person on the phone couldn't understand what I was trying to say they sent a new file to the router but it hasn't changed anything, and they are getting someone to ring Monday (Means me to ring back Monday) as they couldn't give me an engineers slot at the moment
Old 23-05-2020, 16:32   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes I've just has a similar reply by the person on the phone couldn't understand what I was trying to say they sent a new file to the router but it hasn't changed anything, and they are getting someone to ring Monday (Means me to ring back Monday) as they couldn't give me an engineers slot at the moment
I saw your post on the VM forums, takes a week for a reply make sure you say neighbour has same issue.
Old 23-05-2020, 20:15   #15
cje85
cf.member

cje85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Even worse than before

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Provisioning State
I don't think this is a fault, but it looks like you're copying the stats from the 'Status' page of the Hub. That only shows the main Downsteam and Upstream channel. You need to copy the Downstream and Upstream pages instead to see the full set of channels.
cje85 is offline   Reply With Quote