Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2020, 19:58   #316
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
So where is he going to look it up to find the details of who owns it? Does he work for the Police or DVLA?
Well if did, and that is the only Way he could, He’ll be in trouble.

Quote:
Logic would state that he found out who it was and was trying to get some dirt on him to see if it was taxed and had an MOT. Just like people on Facebook look up the reg plates of Police cars and then post they have no MOT without understanding what they are actually posting.

This is not about what you or I would do, its what one certain person might do.
Logic certainly does not dictate that, if he knew it was Cummings’s car he wouldn’t have to look it up.

If he thought it was Cummings but wanted confirmation, he would have had to abuse access to the DVLA database.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:10   #317
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The witness states he saw a picture of Cummings car on the internet. That’s not illegal.

The DVLA public databases do not tell you the owner of a car, or the address of the registered keeper. It’s entirely useless for the purposes the witness describes. If you read the article he says he saw someone he thought was Dominic Cummings. The only tool at his disposal for confirming this was a number plate and looking for pictures of Dom outside his house on the internet.

Any journalist with the full number plate can walk past and see if it’s parked there.

None of this is illegal or changes the fact there’s an allegation that he was seen in breach of lockdown.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:12   #318
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well if did, and that is the only Way he could, He’ll be in trouble.

Logic certainly does not dictate that, if he knew it was Cummings’s car he wouldn’t have to look it up.

If he thought it was Cummings but wanted confirmation, he would have had to abuse access to the DVLA database.
If he did is the key words. There is no evidence he looked up the plates to find out who it was illegally.

Logic does indicate that. That is if he used the government website that I linked to. Please tell me what retired 70 year is going to have access to such information of finding out who someone is by their licence plate?

You have 4 options here

1 - He accessed information from a Police or DVLA computer at 70 year old and retired

2 - He accessed the government website to check for tax and mot

3 - He accessed the askmid website to check for insurance

4 - He got an image from the Internet

First one I think its safe to rule out. Second one is plausible. Third one is plausible but you shouldn't be doing it and the fourth one is plausible and seems to be what happened.

Can I ask why you seem to want to go for the least likely option?
Old 24-05-2020, 20:17   #319
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

2 and 3 don’t tell him who owns the vehicle. A picture of Dominic Cummings next to it outside his house doesn't either, but it’d be incredible if his neighbour was driving about Durham with a lookalike. Again, the police could confirm this with the full number plate.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:27   #320
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
1 - He accessed information from a Police or DVLA computer at 70 year old and retired

2 - He accessed the government website to check for tax and mot

3 - He accessed the askmid website to check for insurance

4 - He got an image from the Internet

First one I think its safe to rule out. Second one is plausible. Third one is plausible but you shouldn't be doing it and the fourth one is plausible and seems to be what happened.
5 - he’s giving it a large portion of BS.

Yes I’ll go for no.5
Old 24-05-2020, 20:31   #321
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:

Yes I’ll go for no.5
So are you not welcoming the police investigation and possibility that the witness gets prosecuted for wasting police time in the unlikely event you are right?
Old 24-05-2020, 20:33   #322
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:

Yes I’ll go for no.5
Ok, that's funny though as you seemed to think he was accessing information from the DVLA.

I don't know who he is so I'm not that bothered. I was responding to the quote Mick put on to someone saying isnt that illegal to look up someone's reg.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:34   #323
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Please stop with the poxy licence plate.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:40   #324
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Ok, that's funny though as you seemed to think he was accessing information from the DVLA.

I don't know who he is so I'm not that bothered. I was responding to the quote Mick put on to someone saying isnt that illegal to look up someone's reg.
I don’t know, nobody knows.

It is illegal to to obtain somebody’s details via their reg except For authorised reasons. It’s not illegal to look up reg’s on government websites to see if they Have tax or mot.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:48   #325
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I don’t know, nobody knows.

It is illegal to to obtain somebody’s details via their reg except For authorised reasons. It’s not illegal to look up reg’s on government websites to see if they Have tax or mot.
Which is what I basically said earlier. We've gone full circle for you to agree with me.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:51   #326
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Please stop with the poxy licence plate.
For the love of god, it better. No wonder Paul closed the thread for the night...
Old 24-05-2020, 20:53   #327
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Which is what I basically said earlier. We've gone full circle for you to agree with me.
It all started with this post, when you knew exactly what Mick was on about but wanted to start an unnecessary argument, as you did last night with me.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=254

You are a pedant of the highest degree and this will be my last response to you on the matter.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:57   #328
jfman
Architect of Ideas

So what’s the betting on more sightings coming out? Have the Guardian/Mirror got more cards up their sleeves? Aces or jokers obviously depending where you stand. The police investigation will give negative press coverage for a few days but another sighting would up the ante with Boris all in.

It could be like an appeal for a stolen car.

Have you seen a silver/black Range Rover in beauty spots around the country - if so call Crimestoppers on...
Old 24-05-2020, 21:01   #329
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Dominic Cummings is an out and out hypocrite but even if he’s broken the law I’d be surprised if there’s another law that says he must lose his job.

He is a political appointment. His value is political. So long as Boris calculates his political value remains greater than the political cost of keeping him on, he stays.

Meantime, this unending game of Where’s Dominic is somehow even more tedious than lockdown. Or maybe for some folks it does relieve the boredom. Who knows, who cares.

That’s my 2p anyway.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:10   #330
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dominic Cummings is an out and out hypocrite but even if he’s broken the law I’d be surprised if there’s another law that says he must lose his job.

He is a political appointment. His value is political. So long as Boris calculates his political value remains greater than the political cost of keeping him on, he stays.

Meantime, this unending game of Where’s Dominic is somehow even more tedious than lockdown. Or maybe for some folks it does relieve the boredom. Who knows, who cares.

That’s my 2p anyway.
THIS