Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2020, 18:21   #301
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Someone just posted this on the Official Civil Service Twitter account...

Gone now, but I doubt that was hacked.

Hopefully someone gets fired for that.
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2020, 18:43   #302
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
BTW With the licence plate, Sky News have spoken to the witness and confirmed he got the right number plate (they obviously know it)
So they either seen the car on the date they claimed. Seen it on another date and are making up the date. Have been sent the number plate by someone who knows it or looked it up on a government system and are making a false accusation.

They say their internet search history will show them looking for images of Dom’s car on or around that date. That’s not to say they’ve not spent other occasions looking for Dom’s car and deleted it from his search history.

Easy for the police to check, verify with Dom and when Dom produces car GPS or other records of being in London charge the witness with wasting police time. Easy. Unless...
Old 24-05-2020, 18:46   #303
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Gone now, but I doubt that was hacked.

Hopefully someone gets fired for that.
It's quite funny but for once we agree.

It's unprofessional, the Civil Service must be neutral even if they think the Government is way out of line. It doesn't achieve or help anything either.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:23   #304
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
That does not tell you who owns it.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If one Googles "Dominic Cummings car", and click on "images", this is the fourth (at this time) image that is displayed.
What is the Reg then? Because if you can read it off that photo, you are very talented.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Show me where I said he’s categorically guilty ?

Let’s deal with the facts.

A city of eight million people and he was unable to get childcare ? Did he NEED to travel to get childcare? I highly doubt it
You nor I know his personal situation or the support network around him so any conclusion is speculation and not a fact.

Quote:
He then drives 260 miles across the country to stay at a residence (which he openly admits he then didn’t use)
Did he stay in a separate building or annex? If so what is the issue?

Quote:
He’s then allegedly spotted travelling between London and Durham on a further two occasions. (Of course we need evidence to prove him guilty) but you cannot dismiss eyewitness accounts out of hand surely they require investigation?
Allegedly, And corroborated, so not a fact

Quote:
We have the police who are saying that they did speak to the family regarding his stay in Durham, the transport secretary says the police didn’t. Someone is lying and I doubt it’s Durham police.
They spoke to his father, well actually his father spoke to them. The police did not visit the property.

Quote:
There’s more than a whiff of a cover up and it requires further investigation to confirm or deny the supporting (or lack thereof) evidence
Opinion not fact.

I looked at your facts and found them to be not facts.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:24   #305
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
That does not tell you who owns it.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

What is the Reg then? Because if you can read it off that photo, you are very talented.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

You nor I know his personal situation or the support network around him so any conclusion is speculation and not a fact.

Did he stay in a separate building or annex? If so what is the issue?

Allegedly, And corroborated, so not a fact

They spoke to his father, well actually his father spoke to them. The police did not visit the property.

Opinion not fact.

I looked at your facts and found them to be not facts.
It was never stated he looked up the reg to see who owns it.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:27   #306
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Did you notice in the BBC coverage of Cummings putting something into his Land Rover Discovery and then, when getting into a car, those hypocritical press hacks crowded round his window within inches of each others' faces?

The press is despicable (except Torygraph investigations).

My advice is at your risk.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:30   #307
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Just because Dominic says something, & Boris agrees with him doesn't make it the gospel truth. I'm less concerned about him taking his family to Durham than I am of the two alleged times he was spotted.
Doesn’t mean it’s a lie, ooh there’s that word again “Alleged.“

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It was never stated he looked up the reg to see who owns it.
Then why would he look it up?

Yeah I’m always looking up the reg’s of random cars to see if they’re taxed and tested. I’m sure others do it too. Great way to spend an evening.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:36   #308
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The articles in the paper today say that he looked up pictures of Dominic Cummings and found one of him with a car matching five letters of the registration plate of the one they saw ‘him’ with in Durham the others presumably not visible (else there’s no story).

I’m not sure why people are wilfully misinterpreting that to imply ownership or some unauthorised computer use.

This is something the police could easily follow up on and sort out in a few minutes.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:36   #309
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Yeah I’m always looking up the reg’s of random cars to see if they’re taxed and tested. I’m sure others do it too. Great way to spend an evening.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ockdown-claims
Quote:
Robin Lees, 70, a retired chemistry teacher from the town, says he saw Cummings and his family walking by the Tees before getting into a car around lunchtime on 12 April.
Lees said: “I was a bit gobsmacked to see him, because I know what he looks like. And the rest of the family seemed to match – a wife and child. I was pretty convinced it was him and it didn’t seem right because I assumed he would be in London.”

He added: “I went home and told my wife, we thought he must be in London. I searched up the number plate later that day and my computer search history shows that.”
On a related note, a tweet from a scientist on the SPI-M committee.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 98494944-6954-4C05-9939-93786E1E145E.jpeg (75.6 KB, 37 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:42   #310
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Ah, 70, the old boy is retired so we can file unlawful computer use under unlikely. Unless breaking and entering and hacking are specialties...

Ooh he’s filed a complaint.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ressure-mounts

How exciting.

Last edited by jfman; 24-05-2020 at 19:45.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:44   #311
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Yes, but it doesn’t answer the mystery of what or indeed how he searched the number plate.

If he had access to the DVLA database to check owners of registration plates he abused his position, and he should be reprimanded for it. If it was me accessing private information for non-business reasons - I would lose my job.

So those that are calling for Cummings head, should also be calling for this guys head - if he has breached data protection legislation.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:47   #312
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Yes, but it doesn’t answer the mystery of what or indeed how he searched the number plate.

If he had access to the DVLA database to check owners of registration plates he abused his position, and he should be reprimanded for it. If it was me accessing private information for non-business reasons - I would lose my job.

So those that are calling for Cummings head, should also be calling for this guys head - if he has breached data protection legislation.
See my post above. It’s now with the police. The old boy has given a version of events within the law, as a retired chemistry teacher I’m unsure how he could possibly have access to a Government computer to break any law. However, we will soon find out.

I’m 100% certain you will join me in welcoming police involvement in this matter.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:49   #313
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

So where is he going to look it up to find the details of who owns it? Does he work for the Police or DVLA?

Logic would state that he found out who it was and was trying to get some dirt on him to see if it was taxed and had an MOT. Just like people on Facebook look up the reg plates of Police cars and then post they have no MOT without understanding what they are actually posting.

This is not about what you or I would do, its what one certain person might do.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:52   #314
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

An interesting day. Boris's ldefence of Cummings was neatly summed up by The Times' Writer-in-Chief Philip Collins
Quote:
Johnson’s defence was ludicrous. He is just taking us all for fools. What a stupid thing to do.
The Financial Times' Chief features writer Henry Mance observed
Quote:
I think the PM actually made it worse. He said he’d had long conversations with Dominic Cummings but then refused to answer basic question about whether or not Cummings went to Barnard Castle.

That implies - I have a right to know but you, the public, don’t.
Many commentators went far further, with variations on the taking-the-public-for-idiots and one-rule-for-them, another-rule-for-us themes.

A reminder of two key allegations:
- Travelling 30 miles on his wife's birthday (12th April) to Barnard Castle at a time when travel for non-essential purposes was not allowed. This trip has not been denied by the Government.
- Travelling 264 miles with symptoms of the virus at a time when no exceptions were permitted and the clear policy for anyone with symptoms was to stay home and isolate. The Government has acknowledged this journey but tried to obfuscate matters by playing up childcare. Some have even mentioned an exception introduced some two weeks later, but the public is wiser than this.

Boris gets to keep Cummings for now but his government's reputation is now tarnished and the press will persist with their questions. It's bad news for efforts to enforce the lockdown and a clearly-divided Conservative Party but good news for Cummins and the opposition parties.
Old 24-05-2020, 19:57   #315
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
On a related note, a tweet from a scientist on the SPI-M committee.

Several more scientists on that committee have come out and said the same. Meanwhile, more Tory MPs are breaking ranks to say he has to go.

I am not sure this is sustainable.
Closed Thread