Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2020, 00:52   #391
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The price shot up when PSVR came out.

Btw make sure you get a V2 PSVR there is an important difference regarding TV breakout box which means you wont have to keep unplugging it I think it maybe to do with HDR.
You are correct. V1 couldn't pass through HDR. It's been a while now so all new stock should be V2. Even when looking at secondhand inches I always check out the breakout box to make sure it's the new one. Same with the headset, as there are a few differences that are easy to spot.
Old 06-01-2020, 00:54   #392
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You are correct. V1 couldn't pass through HDR. It's been a while now so all new stock should be V2. Even when looking at secondhand inches I always check out the breakout box to make sure it's the new one. Same with the headset, as there are a few differences that are easy to spot.
V2 packs come bundled with the camera too.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:04   #393
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Some V1 packs did too latterly. They also included VR World's just like V2.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:15   #394
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Some V1 packs did too latterly. They also included VR World's just like V2.
It may have been the camera design on the box that was different then.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:36   #395
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes it looks like you're correct you can charge while playing.

So for Dens sake, if you have a V1 controller the connection for playing games is only possible via wireless but with a V2 controller you have the choice for either wireless or playing through the cable.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

If you do go PSVR, some games require 2 move controllers for best results and these are expensive but you can use the original move controllers if you have them.
I'm not sure I follow? Surely it's the same for V1 and V2?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:00   #396
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I'm not sure I follow? Surely it's the same for V1 and V2?
You can play using a wire with the V2 controller this may reduce lag, with V1 the cable just charges it, I got that from a Google search so I hope it's correct.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:05   #397
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
You can play using a wire with the V2 controller this may reduce lag, with V1 the cable just charges it, I got that from a Google search so I hope it's correct.
You can also play with the wire on a V1 while its charging. I'm sure my red controller is a V1.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:11   #398
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Easiest way to tell the V1 from V2 is the V2 has a light bar section on the top of the touch pad. V1 is just that bit on the back.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:14   #399
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
You can also play with the wire on a V1 while its charging. I'm sure my red controller is a V1.
Well you can play with both connected via a wire, not sure I can explain it any better than how I have, Google it if you still don't understand.

Quote:
The only other change is that the new PlayStation 4 controller features USB communication. Unlike the original DS4, it means you’ll be able to play games either wirelessly or via a USB cable.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 06-01-2020 at 12:24.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 14:57   #400
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Well you can play with both connected via a wire, not sure I can explain it any better than how I have, Google it if you still don't understand.
I still dont get it but not worth looking really. All I know is my V1 controller let's me play while its charging.
Old 06-01-2020, 16:07   #401
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
I still dont get it but not worth looking really. All I know is my V1 controller let's me play while its charging.
Yes, you can play while charging but the connection for controller is still wireless for playing.
Old 06-01-2020, 16:34   #402
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Ok try this as playing while charging isn't what the discussion is about now as i agreed you could charge while playing using a V1 controller to your #387 post.

The discussion moved on to this as i was just pointing out the differences, i will give up if you don't understand this. lol

V1 - Only lets you play via a wireless signal while plugged into the PS4 while charging or when not plugged in.

V2 - Using a V2 via the cable plugged into the PS4 means you can configure the V2 controller in the devices options to either use Bluetooth or a USB cable to play a game.

V1 Controller Original(CUH-ZCT1)

V2 Controller (CUH-ZCT2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (CUH-ZCT1).jpg (27.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg (CUH-ZCT2).jpg (14.8 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 06-01-2020 at 16:42.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 16:41   #403
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just edited the V2 controller to say you have to enable this feature in the options to either use bluetooth or USB for games.
Old 06-01-2020, 20:05   #404
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Ok try this as playing while charging isn't what the discussion is about now as i agreed you could charge while playing using a V1 controller to your #387 post.

The discussion moved on to this as i was just pointing out the differences, i will give up if you don't understand this. lol

V1 - Only lets you play via a wireless signal while plugged into the PS4 while charging or when not plugged in.

V2 - Using a V2 via the cable plugged into the PS4 means you can configure the V2 controller in the devices options to either use Bluetooth or a USB cable to play a game.

V1 Controller Original(CUH-ZCT1)

V2 Controller (CUH-ZCT2)
It makes sense now you've put it like that.
Old 30-01-2020, 00:04   #405
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

February PSN games announced for download, not bad at all.

Bioshock: The Collection, The Sims 4, Firewall Zero Hour(bonus game).

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...all-zero-hour/